Best ESF Dogfighters

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by PureSalad, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PureSalad

Post it up, I'm curious to see which fight it was. Did it happen to be the one from a long time ago, when I said people were warping all over from my lag?
  2. Hader

Yeah that one. It was like only the second time we ever even encountered each other, on Esamir.
  3. SkillSet

Good point!
  4. Ronin Oni

Got my AH Reaver on Matherson too....

holy smokes I love that thing!!! Totally fits my playstyle... absurd how many pilots don't hear me... a bloody loud as hell reaver... sneaking up on them. I tell yah, scariest sound in the world to be coming up behind you.

It can also do ridiculous damage to rear armor of tanks... it's extremely risky but if they aren't paying attention, you can punish em... bad. Particularly if they've taken a hit or 2 to the front/side distracting them.

Also really effective at it's intended role. Again you gotta get in close, but I find running with extra AB and speed frame I'm able to creep up, unload a mag and boost away before anyone can line up and take advantage.

Made me go back and try the Banshee on the Mossie again.... just not the same, though it is admittedly much better vs infantry it cannot do what the AH can to air targets.

PPA is much the same as the Banshee.... best AI option available for faction ESF but that's pretty much all you're going to be killing... and running from everything else. Killing ESF's is possible, but you gotta be much better than them. I usually just try and play follow the leader with them (Speed + AB often lets me get away, sometimes they crash, usually they break off)

I tried both Pods and A2AM's... I don't like A2AM's in the first place, but without a rotary to go with it I just felt more gimped than if I had a pure rotary build, and rocket pods aren't good enough for dog fighting either, and giving up the AB means less chance to get away... however with good air support rocket pods makes and AI canon makes a strong anti-ground focused fighter.... you need air support though... preferably lots.
  5. Ronin Oni

$50,000 would only be $1k per player... which would barely cover air, lodging, and eating for a weekend being conservative.....

So... winners get their trip comped? Yah... good luck with that competition.

There will never be big money esports for planetside... they teams are just waaay to big. They might have some onsite competitions for enthusiasts (with the money) who say, go to SOE Live or GamesCom but I don't see how they could host onsite competitions 48v48 for competitive outfits.... How many outfits have 48 players who will be at SOE Live and GamesCom to be able to participate, cause they sure ain't paying for 480 players (that would be $480,000 if you're following) just to cover getting them all there.... and then that $50k pot for the winners would be peanuts for the scale of the competition.
  6. TheSmilies

Yeah, it'll be impossible to pull off. Either you have the four squad leaders fly out, and you're at the mercy of hackers, or you're inviting teams with lots of loaded players and the overall skill will probably be pretty low. Lose/lose.

Coming from BF3's 32v32 scene, the teams are too big, the scene is too small for a large number of good teams, and the game isn't in any way balanced for competitive play.
  7. Ronin Oni

They would have to be online...

However the difference is they'll have a few observers. Hackers won't be able to get away with nearly as much with active mods invested in keeping a clean match.

The final tournament would probably be held at SOE Live or some other big event... and they may be far more willing to, with sponsors help of course, cover basics for the contestants to all come out for the "big event". A team who got there by hacking would certainly lose under such conditions.
  8. PureSalad

It's not the fact that they will lose under such conditions if they get there by hacking. It's the fact that everyone they beat just lost out on the chance to perform at their level and get there themselves. You know how big of a joke Planetside 2 and SOE would become if their Esport's big event was compromised by rumors of hacking and cheating going on? I think it'd put PS2 and overall development to a stand still or even kill off the game.

If they want to make it in Esports and build this game up to be a quality game, they need to make sure it goes 100% correctly. Second chances don't usually happen.
  9. Total_Overkill

Just like how the first PS2 $10,000 tourney and the 2nd Failbook tourney had convicted and temp banned stat padders participating front and center?
  10. PureSalad

Are you even speaking English?
  11. Total_Overkill

Whats so hard to understand?

Banned statpadders played in both of SOE's PS2 "tourney's" so far
  12. shamE

Firstly, not all 48 players will be attending the lan, only 4-5 from each outfit will be flown out to represent their teams at the event. Everyone else plays online. Secondly, 32v32 isn't that big and it works in bf quite well(I play for team reddit and 21cw for 32s). Lastly, 48s isn't going to be the only mode. Its only going to be the debut to get the community interested because most of the big outfits and field 48 players easily. What will most likely happen after a few tournaments is there will be more game sizes added like 24s and 12s. From what has been said, 12v12 will most likely be the most popular and most watched. The only thing to really worry about is the possibility of hackers for the bigger modes, but with spectate and record it probably won't be that much of a problem.
  13. Hader

I think whatever outfits are participating just need to make a compromise to galaxy crash into each other and/or admins players acting as cameramen.
  14. TheSmilies

Who are you? 32s are a total pain in the *** to organize. 21CW damn near imploded last summer due to skill balance issues from both teams recruiting comp players. Reddit (I flew for them for a bit) crushed everyone they went up against until they ran into Level (helped found that community), and Level spent most of last winter dealing with balance problems between the two armies before they got a system down. There is such a big skill gap between players in 32s that having a few people log out can completely screw over your team.

Running those big teams became a full time job for the team captains, and those guys weren't anywhere near MLG levels. Adding another twelve people to the mix is asking for a complete nightmare. 24s and 12s is a step in the right direction, but that's going against the MASS BATTLES ALL THE TIME selling point of the game.
  15. PureSalad

If it was more around those numbers we could have ESF/Lib Esports........because let's face it. Flying is basically the only thing in this game that is capable of being at a MLG level.
  16. Hader

FINALLY we have weapons stats for our vehicle weapons. Have almost 1900 rotary kills. I don't even remember hitting the auraxiam medal for it.

I am also going to make it my goal to hop out of my plane midair and shoot down another plane with my new revolver. :D Tested it in VR and it took about 30-36 shots to kill a reaver. Thing hits freakin hard

Edit: Oh, AND the lumifiber trims unlock in 5 days. Who else is going to make their fighter even less stealthy?
  17. PureSalad

I don't think I even need to buy the Lumifiber, I'm already a flying magnet as is.
  18. TheSmilies

This is what I'm hoping for Lumifiber trim

Turn your sound down.

19. Hader

I'm not gonna fall for your stupid vanu tric-

OOOH LOOK AT THOSE PURPLE LIGHTS SO PRETTY
  20. PureSalad

If they come in Rainbow and Strobe, I'll rock em all DAY!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.