Best ESF Dogfighters

Discussion in 'Waterson (US East)' started by PureSalad, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naterian

Ummm why is this such a foreign concept to you?

People upload youtube videos and want people to watch them.

???
  2. PureSalad

I'm just messin with ya. Lol.

3. Genserik

Pardon me barging in on this awesome thread.

Need to ask...Do any of you ESF pilots plan on competing in MLG? Are there any that want to compete but are in a situation where your outfit isn't going to compete?
  4. TheSmilies

SOE needs to throw some more info out for comp play, MLG Anaheim is what? Three months away? Next one after that being six months out? Logistics, how stuff will be balanced, game mode, maps, all sorts of stuff needs to be publicised before teams can really make that call if they want to participate.

[IMG]

*drool*
  5. PureSalad

Question I have is how they are going to go about getting the team together. Is a whole team of 48 people needed to pay plane tickets just to compete, or is this going to be done just like playing the game now. Everyone at their own houses with their own rig setups? Would seen kind of unfair for people with less fortunate internet or gamings rigs to try to compete.

Yeah they really need to release some foundation for these MLG Events so outfits and players can prepare for them ahead of time. With a game so large and with several ways to play and different methods for taking each and every base, I don't see how a Outfit can plan a specific strategy and practice it to a MLG Level.

It's not like we are playing Counter Strike, or Quake.
  6. Snarfy

The "notable others" section is the only one with names i even recognize, never see any of the top 3's.
    • Up x 1
  7. TheSmilies

Yeah, the logistics behind it need to be worked out. If you only send a few people per team to MLG, how do you know the other guys aren't hacking? PS2's anti hacking system is garbage, to put it bluntly. If everyone does fly out, you would have to pay the winning team at least $50,000 to cover hotels and flights and whatnot.

There's a ton of stuff SOE needs to talk about before they can even try to do anything at MLG's level.
  8. PureSalad

Likely to see them Solo, behind enemy lines in random *** places. You'd be suprised where you can find the top players because they play smart and safe it's not likely to see them until you start taking bullets in the back.
  9. Total_Overkill

When the "Top" are ready to come out of their free kill comfort zones, come find me.
    I wont even fight back, promise! I'll just fly around until they crash because the scrubs only fly the open skies of Esamir and Amerish! Step into southern Indar dear pilots... step into my web...
  10. PureSalad

Free kill comfort zones, I don't think there are any, especially with the AA like it is. Safest place is usually way behind enemy lines, hardly a safe free kill zone.
  11. Total_Overkill

How can this humble A2G pilot have no trouble with AA locks, flak, LMGs, and tankshells... yet Top gun A2A pilots get reamed by them constantly?
    I make my certs by overcoming my hard counter, killing those who believe they are safe beneath the watchful eyes of flak... while you lads, make your certs by chasing some tail.
    So come chase, my lil Top guns... come earn your certs.
  12. PureSalad

Humble? Doesn't sound like it.

I don't see where the confusion is. A2A pilots look for other pilots, the losing pilot runs to near by AA and other pilots. It's really hard to fight someone over their own territory with infantry below you. That's the reason for being "Behind" (keyword) enemy lines/that mass AA and rocket build up. It's not safe, but it's definatly on overall fair terms.

A2G shouldn't really have to many issues farming kills and certs in AA zones considering it's still pretty easy and effective to launch a few rockets into a infantry and leave. Easily repeated if you know your limits.

Is this discussion about your ego or different playstyles?
    • Up x 1
  13. Total_Overkill

Just trying to spur some competition and head hunting.
  14. TheSmilies

I don't think many of the Waterson pilots actively headhunt, we're a pretty relaxed group. LIBZ flies with VS and NC players (including your fellow XOO members) on a regular basis, it's more having fun than it is trying to knock each other out.

Though if you want to try and take any regular posters in this thread down, more power to you
  15. PureSalad

I already seem to get hunted enough. Mostly by Kolie's aimbot....ugh I mean Dalton.
  16. Jaxom

I'd have to agree with this. I don't usually head hunt even when I know the big hitters are on. Just fly around until targets present themselves.
  17. Hader

Smilies, I FINALLY see you today in your scythe, and of course it's right near your warpgate and you tucked in there before I could do almost anything. :(
  18. CMouse

I occationally headhunt people talking smack in chats.... but its usually a waste of time. Why search for one hard to kill guy when you can get 5 free kills :p
  19. TheSmilies

Yeah, I saw you, realized I hadn't flown a scythe in about a week, and ran my *** home. Really out of practice with a hailstorm.
  20. PureSalad

Puss :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.