[Suggestion] Banning based on player accusations?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naj

Oh man, this thread keeps on delivering. I hope it stays around forever.
    • Up x 4
  2. Nakor

Pretty much any time you have a bureaucracy administering anything without oversight abuses/mistakes are going to happen. Of course public or independent oversight would just cost SOE more time/money so that won't happen unless there is some kind of massive public outcry. It might be interesting if they implemented something similar to how league of legends works.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/faq/
  3. Quake

I give them the benefit of the doubt but remember this, players who are cheating and do get caught also sing this very same tune. They also cry their innocence just the same. All this does is empower the real cheater to say me too!

Funny how in sports, just to use baseball as an example, Players do the same thing, they cry their innocence, when most are guilty.

It takes a tough league office to administer justice and SOE needs to be that tough.
    • Up x 1
  4. Juni

I was warned during the double xp weekend about a third party program I had running in the background... Turned out I had forgot to shut down the ENBInjector for skyrim before I opened Planetside 2, luckily they checked me before banning, so if your friend was banned, they had a very good reason.
    Especially if they check people first.
  5. Naj

Page 19
  6. iller

That only applies to Conduct. The actual cheaters are handled @ Riot by paid Admins. I played with, and Administrated with, one such player in source games who recently got a job there as one of those paid Admins. And he didn't get the job by being a namby pamby self-doubter, he got it by rockin' the BANHAMMER.

I'd sometimes hand over my more sensitive "Everyone on the server knows/friended this guy" Cases to him so that I could still maintain the illusion of being "the cool guy" who sides with the miscreants and scofflaws when I was really the biggest Narc ever.
    • Up x 1
  7. Rockit

I think SOE underestimated how bad the average player in this game is.
  8. Saiph

The thread is a goldmine, you should go read every post.
  9. iller

Sometimes Major companies will let the cheaters off with just a big fat Warning if the advantage they gained or conduct violation wasn't bad enough to warrant a permanent suspension. (or they because they Narc'd on a bunch of other people for a plea bargain). ....Without disclosure, this thread remains pure speculation and no one has been proven innocent yet.
  10. Liquid23

people should really cut that guy a break... I mean come on he only has 1 ball !!!
  11. Saiph

You are grasping at straws now.
  12. iller

So you're saying it's never happened before?
  13. GodlessHeretic

The more things change, the more they stay the same....

Hilarious.

MARKOV: Breaking Planetside since 2003. o_O

-GodlessHeretic
    • Up x 1
  14. SKYeXile

Goodluck with getting that info from SOE.
  15. SOE-MOD-08

This thread has ran its course. Locking it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.