[Suggestion] Banning based on player accusations?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeyWimey

I'm talking about being able to spectate other players from 1st person view for gm's. Also, another issue (ot though). I really, really, don't want to see invincible operators pop in to a firefight just to shoot a mag at them and almost report them before realizing they are just a gm. They should be invisible, not invincible (well, invincible too).
  2. Naj

If it makes you feel any better, the Markov/Connery players in question have been unbanned. Thread over, I guess.
    • Up x 1
  3. PCD1

Im pretty sure that SOE does not ban anyone cos of player accusations. if some1 gets reported by alot of players they will watch that guy and check for 3rd party software. the way all hacks in all games work its easily detectable since they have to interfere with the datastream from their pc to the server to do their thing. programs like fraps f.e. do the same thing btw with a small difference, they just "grab" the data while hacking tools actively change it. thats a 100% undeniable proof. so ur friends didnt get falsely banned, they are just cheaters.
  4. Naj

Except they've all been unbanned already. Welcome to the thread, it was a hilarious one.
    • Up x 2
  5. jak

Yeah, you're missing my point. People were unjustly banned by SOE and it took the community getting up in arms before SOE investigated and found the problem was on their end. It was a big announcement that they were turning on their fancy new hack detection system and then they banned a bunch of people that were not cheating. They then had to unban pretty much everyone because their detection system was flawed.

I'll overlook your wasp usage because you seem like a nice fellow.
  6. CoreDave

Guilty or not, banned or unbanned the public forums is not the place to raise these concerns. This should of been dealt with privately between the folks who got banned and SOE. This is simply not the place for this kind of thing because its all just hearsay and noone can possibly judge the guilt or not of those involved except themselves and SOE.

Please SOE mods threads like these must surely be against the forum rules no?
  7. Ryloxx

There's a couple trolls and non-factors I'd love to say "I told you so" to, but they already know who they are. People make mistakes, it's a fact of life. I knew Sky didn't hack, it was complete nonsense.

Even though you bastards are VS, good job getting banned for being good. ;)
  8. Saiph

If it brings to light problems with the detection, don't you think it's worth bringing up in a public forum, so everyone can have an input on how to fix it?
  9. jak

History has proven you to be wrong.
  10. CoreDave

Frankly I'd rather the automatic systems throw out the occasional false positive in the rare case of the odd exceptionally good player rather than missing lots of obvious cheats. So long as SOE investigate and revoke the ban in the event it turns out to be in error I don't see the harm.
  11. CoreDave

That doesn't even make any sense.
  12. dhexo

1. If they contacted SOE they probably handled it with no input from the whineside 2 forums.
    2. "Everyone" = 1 or 2 people?
  13. jak

Planetside 1 - hack detection implemented incorrectly. Bans for a large portion of players were unjust. Community came together and demanded SOE look into it. SOE did and reversed the bans.

History...
  14. Diamond Sword

When you /report someone, you just give a name. There is no space to enter a reason.

For all you know, these people you played with in PS1 could have been cheating in that, too.
  15. TomaHawk

$1000... wtf-lololol.
  16. Saiph

That's probably PC upgrades
  17. CoreDave

And what does that have to do with my post? Unless you are claiming those bans that have been overturned wouldn't have been if not for this thread. Which can't possibly be the case because surely noone thinks for a second that this thread would have had any effect on their decisions?!?

Fact remains, there is an appeal system in place if you are banned and you think it was unjustified, coming to the forums to try and state your case is worse than pointless because how can anyone here remotely know if you are lying or not. Its ridiculous in the extreme.
  18. jak

1 - Do you know what happens when you get banned? You appeal it and get a random CSR that tells you why you were banned. Then they pretty much ignore any communication. CSRs are not the people that implement the hack detection, so they cannot easily check the logic to ensure the detection systems are working properly.

2 - Many. I know three from my outfit and 20+ from other outfits/friends. I have a link to the post they made on the old PS1 forums from the main community rep at that time, but the link is now bad. Regardless, they pretty much unbanned everyone.
  19. CoreDave

Wait are you talking about something that happened in PS1... Unbelievable.
  20. jak

You're making my head hurt. History would not be this thread as this thread is CURRENT. History is the example I gave where SOE unjustly banned people in PS1 when we were all told to take their word for it. We didn't, we raised the issue and they found they had a problem. Threads LIKE THIS ONE are exactly the avenue that lead to their investigation that lead to them unbanning people. That's the history that proves your statement to be wrong.

Your second paragraph was the argument that we had to fight back in PS1 - how do you know so and so wasn't hacking? You're right, we didn't. But we knew the people for years and we trusted our friendships. And in the end, that trust was warranted. Regardless of whether we sit behind someone and watch them physically play the game all hours, there are real friendships that have trust and spur us to action when said person is punished unfairly. From what was posted just a bit ago, it would seem that those friendships and the community's involvement once again validated that trust.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.