[Suggestion] Banning based on player accusations?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jak

If you can't see why I'm talking about PS1, there's no hope for you.
  2. Quake

You cannot be serious. First off how do you know your friends are legit? Because you say so, or they say so? Bwahahaha. I'm gonna tell you if 4 of your friends got banned then you better re-evaluate, like everything. I would bet the farm that your boyz are guilty. I bet they were never good, you just thought they were good.

SOE will not ban anyone without concrete proof. Times that by 4x and sorry to say your crew are a bunch of no skill cheaters. Round them up for me if they "wreck shop" in every game and send them over to Quakelive. I bet they never get out of tier 2.
  3. Believer

19 pages lol, I made it through 3 and then it started to loop.

My contribution is simply this, honest people have come a long way, based on what I've read in this thread, and I'm literally tingling over it, sincerely. In the past the tactics the dishonest class use so often intimidate, distract and confuse the honest class, primarily because the honest class simply doesn't think dishonestly, or when they do, their own faculties obliterate the thoughts and feeling long before they manifest into action. I'm not talking about simple small scale dishonesty here, I'm taking about deep, prolonged dishonesty.

What I see in this thread is dramatic evolution of the honest class, or maybe just the cream of the gaming community is here more than any other game I've played, can't tell as I'm very new to this community, but suffice to say its all so refreshing its kind of scary to me. Are we actually winning this battle? Does SOE actually have our backs?

I want to believe.
  4. TimeyWimey

they are unbanned now, so I guess the joke's on you.
    • Up x 1
  5. Fluxpod

Man the Soe Apologists in this Thread sound Extra Owned! L M A O
    • Up x 1
  6. Naj

Your post is pretty funny considering the content of the previous page. Thanks for the continued hilarity.
  7. Quake

So SOE bans 4 people then unbans them? wtf is that ****?
  8. Quake

super hilarous! Look at everyone laughing. All I know is players that get banned almost always deserve it.
  9. MilitiaMan

No idea why I called it a bug.... O well, to late to edit now lmao.

It was a hack, just like after the JH nerf in PS1. A lot of NC used the CoF hack with the JH and ScatMax.

I played with the Scat all the time, I could always tell when someone was using it lol. First setting and killing people at 25yards in 2 shots. The JH at 25 yards killing in 3 shots. Sorry but I played NC long enough to know that the Scat and JH didn't do that.

Always loved the full auto MCG snipers, it was like they didn't even try to hide the fact that they cheat.
  10. Terkoz

You really didn't think this through did you? Unless I am totally misunderstanding you you are worrying that information emailed to hackers about why they were banned might get back to the hackers if it is posted in a screenshot?

Call me crazy but I think that information might just make it's way back to the writers of the hacks without it being shown publicly anyway. :)
  11. Saiph

An error?
  12. Naj

tl;dr of this thread:

Incredibly long standing members of the community who happen to be very good at the game get automatically banned from the game for whatever reason. People who know said players ask wtf is going on. SOE apologists say they must have been cheating. SOE unbans the topic players after realizing they were never cheating. Comedy gold thread is the final result.
  13. TimeyWimey

a mistake which they corrected? lol.
  14. SKYeXile

The reason will never be disclosed, all ill say is: "Future Crew", draw your own conclusions.
    • Up x 2
  15. Quake

How do you know they are legit? Serious question..
  16. Amarxist

Always trust the company and the developers. They KNOW what they're doing, who the hell are you? Watch your mouths and don't disagree.

There are a lot of people who should feel dumb after the players got unbanned. So many people vehemently claimed they were cheaters and the fact they got banned was proof enough.
  17. Saiph

What?

Nevermind, I ,for some reason, was having an issue trying to figure out what you were trying to say with the last part.
  18. Amarxist

One of the players recently banned was reported 127 times by players for cheating or whatever else. This player was the winner of a the SOE Auraxium Live Event (LIVE in Las Vegas, that's in person). He also regularly streams, makes videos, and is also well known in the community.

Given that someone who has those credentials can get banned over fraudulent reports. I'm much more inclined to trusting long standing--trusted members of a community who are known for their quality of play. Over SOE's "Anti-cheat System", it's clearly flawed.
    • Up x 1
  19. Quake

Most every player who gets banned is deserving of said ban. I've been gaming since QW days and the excuses over the years become laughable. I have seen players that are complete pro, playing for their country and get caught. I have seen the most stand up guys in a community get busted. I have seen it all so call me jaded I guess.After all these years the obviousness of it was clear, people lie and cheat in everything, not just games. There are far more cheaters than people also realize which is the way it is. You want cheat free you need to go to lan tournaments and even then it has to be on the up and up.
    • Up x 1
  20. iller

^confirmed for trolling a Dev^ since they weren't random in the least but were all very high-profile (there's that pesky word again) cheaters who incentivized lots of unknown randoms into it via negative role model influence

Source?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.