[Suggestion] Banning based on player accusations?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NoXousX, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoXousX

As someone that's accused of hacking in every shooter I play, I'm a bit concerned.

I know of four highly talented players that were falsely banned on Connery. They were very prominent members of the PS1 community and I've played with/against them for almost a decade. They put tremendous amounts of personal time and money into Planetside/Planetside 2 (including beta) and want nothing more than a fair and fun game. Hell, one of the players held number one spot on Briggs for some time. One of the others spends his time piloting a lib earning others kills. He's probably the best lib pilot on the server.

I am trying to figure out how legit players known for wrecking face in every game they grace were labeled as hackers. I theorize a bunch of players they farmed reported them as hackers during the whole hacker scare this weekend. Then seeing as they share an outfit tag, it was easy to justify banning all four of them. But that's just a theory.

All you have to do is plant the idea someone is a hacker, and everyone starts believing and reporting.

At least provide those that are banned the courtesy of telling them why they were banned, particularly for those that have invested hundreds for this game (subscriptions/hardware etc). I know I'm up around close to $1000 myself, and I'd be ticked to see myself banned.

We all want to see every hacking piece of scum ejected from online gaming forever. But in the process, please have a little more discernment about who is banned and who is good, particularly when considering how lucrative gaming rigs and settings are these days.

But beyond that, props to those four for being just that good. o_O And while you're at it, you should take away their outfit wars victory from PS1.
    • Up x 13
  2. NOX2097

No, you DON'T know that they were falsely banned. Playing with them for a decade means NOTHING. Did you LAN with them every.single.time.they.played? No? Then you don't know.

Being prominent members of a community means nothing.

Stop spreading FUD. SOE will not waver in their promise to us, the vast majority.
    • Up x 4
  3. Saiph

Nothing like some tyranny of the majority.
    • Up x 4
  4. NoXousX

I'll stake my reputation on it.
    • Up x 2
  5. Hitback

Ah the magic of the SOE PS2 forums. An OP makes a rational post and sheeple come out of the woodwork to try and dispute it with no real knowledge of the people concerned. Mass hysteria much?
    • Up x 6
  6. NoobAbuser

Your friends are cheaters and they got caught. BOOHOO, don't kid yourself into thinking that they were only banned because they are so "l337" that other players just cant handle their immense skill
    • Up x 4
  7. NOX2097

Who are you random internet guy?

"I'll stake my reputation on it."

Hahahahha. Yea, ok there Tiger Woods. Settle down.
    • Up x 7
  8. Mrcod

They don't ban without proof. Simple as that.
  9. NoXousX

Yup, just some random internet guy with absolutely no Planetside history.
    • Up x 2
  10. Sock

This is an absolute sham but not surprising considering the same thing happened in PS1 during its hacker craze. If anyone really thinks that a group of respected PS1 vets with hundreds of dollars invested in their accounts would risk, or even need to cheat, your tinfoil hat might be getting a little loose.
    • Up x 6
  11. daskleineviech

If an account gets banned, it should be a thing between SOE and the user, not SOE and the community. Did you ever play BF3? One of the Battllog mods got a PB ban and his clan and all his buddies made an outcry for over a week. Turned out he was cheating. Some very prominent ESL top players were caught hacking back in the CS days and everytime half the community was absolutely sure it was a false positive. Because those guys can't do stuff like that, or can they?

I'm hoping SOE understands that the report function will be overused like anything else that is basically a "waaaargh I got killed" button. If said players turn out to be good guys, restore the accounts, give 'em some SC and hope they don't get too loud about it.
    • Up x 2
  12. ADY

Does anyone else find it funny that these so called great players who came on here to troll about how great they are with screenshots of using no skill weapons, got given an early xmas gift? Brisbane is going to flood again with all these tears.
    • Up x 3
  13. xtoph

I played with many people in CS competitively for years that were always very good and even they eventually picked up a hack and got caught by cheat detection. People cheat, maybe they did it because they thought no one was getting banned and SOE wasn't on top of it. Suck for them and as for your "reputation" no one knows you so you have none.
    • Up x 1
  14. Fortress

8 year PS1 Vet here, and I recognize Noxous and I'm backing up what he is saying. You randoms haven't played as long as we have, otherwise you would not trust SOE so completely.
    • Up x 1
  15. Hitback

Funnily enough, this is exactly the case.
    • Up x 2
  16. FryaDuck

Well I was perusing the stats on Briggs last week and I noted the #1 had over 16K kills and 73 deaths.........

Not suspect at all......

Yes that's 16,000
  17. QuantumMechanic

I hope this is true. But if SkyExile got banned then I suspect it's not. That guy has been a contributor to the Planetside community for years. And I have a very hard time believing he was hacking.
    • Up x 1
  18. NoXousX

You need to do some research. SOE has acknowledged the stat systems and leader-boards are broken.
    • Up x 3
  19. NOX2097

Oh so you played Planetside 8 years ago? Why didn't you say so, we could have avoided the whole issue althogether.

Hey Smed, unban that guy's friend man!

No, this guy says it's cool. He played Planetside 8 years ago.
    • Up x 8
  20. wolfva

They ban people for using 3rd party programs that change game data. Not because someone lodged a complaint. If a person gets banned, it's because he had 3rd party programs running. There are some 3rd party programs that are not hacks, but ARE indistinguishable from hacks. Users of those programs will also be banned, since the game can't differentiate. If your friends were unjustly banned then they need to explain, politely, to SOE what programs they were using and why they should be unbanned.

A VERY important post to read from Twitch.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/important-client-modifications.54265/
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.