Balance Patch on PTS

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Regpuppy, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Odin

so new nc carbine is a merc with .75 ads? yes .75 is good but its a crappier merc other than that.
    Sad I was hoping for a 750 class or 800 class carbine.
    How does giving us another 600 rpm gun change our selection?
    Now tr have a 632 rof 175 damage and a 900 plus rof weapon that out dpses everything we have in the class other than the gd7f?
    WTf
  2. Desann

YESSSSS!!!

and why isn't this in the notes?

Where is everyone getting all this info? Are you just finding out from PST. I always feel a little left out on the test server updates. And NO I do not have twitter, or facebook. I'm not into social media websites like that. I find it annoying when GAME RELATED changes/updates are posted on twitter and not the forums were they BELONG.

Also thumbs up for the ranger buffs!!!!! :D
  3. Odin

Ohh abd the new lynx is absolutely awesome, trade the gd7f for it right now. So much for the whining tr fanboy parade saying it would suck.
  4. Elrobochanco

This'll be fun instead of taunt
    http://i.imgur.com/uzNgH8w.gif

Take out the knife and mash B.

Unsure if it's just animation clipping, but you can swing both ways if you mash to swing as well. The knife I mean.
    • Up x 2
  5. Vostogon

So.... now it's a six second "I Win" shield? Wonderful. Go go SOE balance team.

On the bright side, the Harasser change looks like fun.
  6. Phaere

My thoughts on the new carbines:

It would of been nice if the model / name was implemented. I'm really hoping all 3 new carbine will receive new custom models.

On the HC1 Cougar:

It's a 167dmg / 632 RoF weapon meant for mid-long range. Its got pretty bad recoil making sustained fire at mid-long range difficult. Bullet Velocity is a bit low for a mid-long range weapon. It needs mid-long range attachments: 2x reflex sight, compensator, adv. Forward grip, and HVA.

On another note, I really hope they rework the T32 Bull. As it stands right now its simply a worse version of the Rhino. They should make if different like they did the Lynx
    • Up x 2
  7. Unclematos7

About the gauss compact.

What a pointless gun. It's a 167/600 with .75 ADS, lower velocity and an advanced laser sight. Right now it is a merc that tries to be something else and falls flat. It needs to become a carbine version of the cyclone in order for it to be effective at it's intended role. Same for the anchor, speaking of 167/600s trying to cqc.
  8. TheBand1t

The Anchor works because it's good at midrange too and it's tied to a class with an overshield, so it doesn't need a change
  9. Unclematos7

Don't forget that were facing the Orion and MSW-R. CQC dps and can reach out to midrange with a forward grip.
  10. NCstandsforNukaCola

All I can see is nerfderp

Didn't dev said basilisk is fine where it is?
    Nerf of saron and enforcer?
    Is it necessary?
    Isn't it enough to buff Vulcan to match its counterparts?

Revamp of Lynx is great
    But seriously I think it is too much nerf in this patch
    Yup it is only PTS but judging by SOE's patch that goes on live without enough feedback, I can't throw away bad feeling
    • Up x 1
  11. Pikachu

Haha they raised ROF of lynx but nerfed damage to 125, just like on the troll picture with 20+ likes. Anyway its mostly just awful nerfs. Screw all you people who all of a sudden decided that viper was overpowered against infantry. Go eat a pine cone!

Also I see no reason to nerf the prowlers weapons.
  12. NinjaTurtle

The Lynx is ridiculous.

I can already hear the April migration to TR.
  13. Cinnamon

They could nerf the Lynx even more before release if people think that it's going to unbalance pops. I wasn't going to use it anyway.

As for prowler HEAT shells I was never planning on using anything other than AP.

I don't know how they decide that enforcer is over performing against vehicles compared to saron or that basilisk is over performing. Sounds pretty arbitrary to me. I guess they just tried to count up what people were complaining about more.

Ranger gets a small buff but flak is so bad anyway it won't make much difference in terms of selecting to use it over other options.

Viper whatever. Tall poppy syndrome. It won't be the last anti infantry weapon to get the spotlight.

Not really a whole lot of meat to this patch.
  14. DrBobcat

Although it seems sort of obvious, can we get any kind of confirmation that the new carbines will have their attachment options altered before release? Why the hell would I use an advanced laser with the new TR carbine? It would benefit much better from an advanced forward grip and compensator.

Also, what about the MAX ability adjustments, the revamped MCG, and the other aforementioned changes? Simply wondering whether this is the final list of fixes we can expect.
  15. Aesir

I'm going to quote myself from page 1 in this post, prior to the release of any notes or actual testing ...

I hate the fact that I'm always to right about preaching doom -.-

I expected a disaster ... and it's very close to one ...

Good that I never unmounted my Halberd on the Vanguard.
    • Up x 1
  16. Runegrace

Simple: Vulcan was underperforming compared to other ESAV. SOE solution: give an accuracy buff to the CQC ESAV (lol?), and of course nerf the other ESAV weapons.

I also welcome the Canister and Ranger buffs. Both are pretty sad guns. Though with the Kobalt also getting buffed, not sure if the Canister is still going to be an inferior AI choice.
  17. Jaedrik

GOSH DANG IT!!!
    Don't nerf the Prowler cannons, buff the other MBT cannons!
  18. AxisO7

Don't be fooled. It's not a medium-long range gun. It may be a 167 damage gun close up, but its damage drop-off is 112 at 60m just like all the rest of our carbines (most of NC's weapons are 125 at 70m). Between that and the recoil, it's definitely not designed for longer work. It's a 167 close-medium carbine, which is a strange combo. I don't think it really works to be honest, but I guess I'll have 1160 kills once it releases to make it work somehow.

As someone who was hoping for a Mercenary-like gun, I am disappoint :(
    • Up x 2
  19. rocko95

Would you look at that, I came here to post the exact same thing. The reason the TR are complaining about having only 143 damage guns is that we have next to no medium to long range capability. Giving the cougar the same fall off as the trac 5 is dumb, as it removes the whole point of a 167 damage gun.

SOE I would pay 1000c for a mercenary clone on TR, please give me something like that. Deadly accurate, and with medium range potential.
  20. FBVanu

does anyone have any solid numbers on the Prowler cannon nerf?
    does SOE want to lower DPS, or just splash, or both? and by how much? 5% or 20% ? o_O