Balance Patch on PTS

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Regpuppy, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Aesir

They generally changed the Progression.

Vanguard Shield is now always 6 seconds and certing it up only decreases cooldown by 5 seconds per rank. From 60 down to 45 Seconds.

Prowler Anchor Down now always gives 30% Velocity, and each rank now only increases reload speed from 12% to a maximum of 48%.

Both, more or less "sensible" changes. What's not yet tested is if they changed any absorb values ...

Also, was the Magrider always able to reach 65kmph using Racer, without any strafing?
  2. WetPatch

Yup Magrider could always reach 65kph with Racer.
  3. Jeralamo

Hey guys I cant find any changes on the VS side am i blind?
    Mana turrets dont even show in my inventory when i try to switch weapons. HA shield is unchanged. mag-burner is unchanged. Fall state changes i think are in hard to tell on that one. VS MAX is unchanged.
  4. WetPatch

I was just on the Test server myself, cant see any VS changes either.
  5. NoctD

Looks to be tank based changes so far.

Indirect damage nerf for Prowlers...

P120-HEAT/P120-HE from 700 to 650 inner blast damage

Double nerf for Viper...

Direct damage from 400 to 375
    Indirect damage from 600 to 500 inner blast damage

I don't think the boat anchor death mode is any faster to deploy/undeploy either.

So far the balance patch is looking to be the balance nerf patch.
  6. Regpuppy

^

There's still a lot of it we're waiting on. The one higby tweeted about hasn't hit yet.
  7. Aesir

Your Marauder got 25m/s more Velocity, G30 Vulcan Ammo Pools have been greatly increased.

Ranger also got it's Ammo Pool greatly increased. (which was needed because of the recent buff to it)

C85 Got two more rounds in his magazine and the spread seems a bit tighter.

It's to soon to tell what their goal is.
    • Up x 3
  8. NoctD

Bah - the Halberd is the only way to go really. These weapons need a ground up overhaul period. No range is still no range, same with that C85. Giving them more ammo doesn't really do much.

Whatever - after all the captain obvious stuffs SOE added to the game that no one ever asked for... I don't think they can really ruin it any worse than it already is today.

I also saw no changes for Lightning Python guns, which is disappointing again.
    • Up x 1
  9. Giggily

Everyone was fine with it for a year because until they buffed its AV capabilities it couldn't one shot infantry, it required two direct hits, which was appropriate. If you really don't think the Viper is currently OP against infantry I'm not sure what to tell you besides learn to play, because it was ridiculously good already.
    • Up x 1
  10. Aesir

Actually, It had 475 direct damage and 550 indirect damage prior to the AV buff to it. It could OHK Infantry that had no FLAK Armor since release ...

Look up the Wiki Edit History ... it always could OHK Infantry ...
    • Up x 5
  11. Giggily

Oh, so it was always stupidly overpowered. Neat.
  12. Aesir

It's more of an NC nerf anyway, since NC are the ones that use the most Viper Lightnings ... because the Vanguard sucks at AI.
    • Up x 4
  13. Pikachu

You always felt that it was an overpowered weapon?
  14. Phaere

From my observation quite a few TR weapons seem to feel a lot more controllable on PTS compared to Live. Such as the Cycler TRV, T9 Carv, TMG 50, Trac 5, Armistice, etc, etc. Even the MSW-R and T5 AMC feel different compared to live.

Also TR Assault Rifles seem to have new weapon sounds.

Need patch notes.
    • Up x 2
  15. TheBand1t

Seems harasser turbo got removed from the utilty slot and comes stock, which lets you use smoke, GSD or FS
  16. Tar

Or Nanoweave. Only when Nano got nerfed did we arrive at the current state.
  17. TheBand1t

12 SECONDS TO ACTIVATE NAR?

LOL

NO
    • Up x 1
  18. WarmasterRaptor

Do they feel like less random horizontal recoil? can't wait to test it!!
  19. Nobalification

NAR? and please what about MCG?
  20. VonStalin

what about heavy shield? is there any waiting time?