AV Turret overpowered

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by technopredator, Apr 28, 2013.

1. theo1170

They should nerf the projectile speed and the range, people can just sit far, far away and farm all day long, it's ridiculous the way it is now.
  2. ghnurbles

The turret has far too much effective range for free AV that is hard to spot at range, needs to be heavily toned down. The Lancer needs toning down for the same reasons.
  3. Badname2490

The major problem with the AV turret is it's invisible and don't render half the time.
  4. Shellana

If I were going to change the AV turret, I would quadruple the fire rate, and reduce the damage by 4, and remove the recoil. That would make it good for putting a steady stream of missles into vehicles, but you won't be able to one shot infantry anymore.
  5. samm

from what i expirienced the projectiles and it's trail often don't render at all. does not matter if a turret is visible or not of you don't see from where it comes.
  6. lncabin

They should just make the AV turrnt the Basilisk. That reduces its effective range against vehicles and infantry and shows where its.
  7. Fang7.62

Basically infinite range, infinite ammo, costs no resources, has no real cooldown, engie can be resurrected for free AND paired with obscene damage for something that is about as expensive to fire as swinging a knife. Wire guided AV knife with unlimited range, wut. Because of AV turrets, epic gulf-war-like long range tank fights in desert are ruined. You dont even get to the range where you can fight with enemy tanks, you just start loosing chunks of your HP to invisible dmg. What the hell they were smoking when designing this weapon?
  8. HeadshotVictim

what do you propose against a huge tank zerg?
    wait at the warpgate until it arrives?
    change continent? go play tetris until people get bored tankzerging an empty game?

There needs to be a way to dwindle down an oncoming zerg. Since HA doesn't has the range to do it halfway safe o fast enough, there was the need of the AV turret. (It is not really working though, since tank zerging is still popular and more or less effective).

AV-Turret is fine. It is a ppowerful tool, but only against masses of tanks or stupid tank drivers.

PS: If you say Tank zerg I declare you ********...
    with this argument every player should get an atomic bomb to kill everyone at every continent.
  9. Fang7.62

Tanks should be countered by tanks, libs, esfs, ap lightnings, AV certed harrasers, mines, c4, HA launchers that have finite ammo, countermeasures and other limitations. Do you know what most of these things have in common? They cost resources and some of them have cooldown, because the tanks cost resources and have cooldown too. Countering tanks by invisible engies sitting on a hill outside of infantry render distance without ANY resources or cooldowns spent is just ***** broken.

Tank zergs were stopped without tanks multiple times even before the scrub turret made it into the game, it just required more effort and actually costed something. Finding a good terrain, setting up mines, sundies, HA's climbing hills with engi/medic support and ambushing a tank column is way more fun. Now you can just deploy the infinite, invisible finger of god that outperforms even the most hated rocket launchers from hexes away and I say again, it cant be flared, avoided in a slow vehicle unless you have hard cover, it cannot run out of ammo and if you destroy it, nothing really happened unless you killed the little scrub in the turret which will get revived or just respawn for 0 resources and will be spammin back in approx 10-20 secs.

I agree that infantry shouldnt be the farming material and vehicles godmode, but infantry shouldnt be all-powerful, vehicles need a place in this game and they're getting zoned out more and more. And I dont remember unstoppable footzergs being the selling point of this game.

What still actually kills me most in tanks is being overrun with enemy tanks and HA's. AV turrets just make tank combat in some parts of map so boring, frustrating and with 200% more rock-humping because you start taking magic dmg from nowhere every time you try to have some fun and duke it out with enemy tanks (which are experiencing the same, can't imagine the ****storm that would follow if the AV turret would be ES specific).