AV Turret overpowered

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by technopredator, Apr 28, 2013.

1. RealityWarrior

Well that I don't think anyone can argue with.
  2. SnuggX

AV turret should have half of it´s current damage and range
    + a 10 minute deploy timer

this thing is just ridiculouse how it is atm
  3. Fang7.62

Slight nerf to damage, render distance like tanks (so they can fight back). Or keep it as powerful as it is now and make each deploy cost as much as C4.
  4. Prince Planet

You guys seem to expect to drive a tank through a hail of rockets and be untouched. If a tank can't make it through a valley due to AV turrets then someone get a Lib and blow the hell out of them to make a safe path.

Think around the problem and use tactics. Drop the solo player mentality.

What would you do if 50 enemy had hand held rocket launchers in the same scenario, want them nerfed as well?

I can hear it now.. "Devs, nerf the MAX as I can't run straight towards him without being killed... "
    • Up x 1
  5. HeadshotVictim

I just hope the rendering issue is fixed. and nothing else happen to the ONLY always available anti-tank weapon in the game not wielded by HA.
    10 min deploy timer? -you can't even place ammo boxes because you spawned a AV-Turret? come on guys... use your brain

we have SO much Tanks in this game, that people just need a way to counter them. If every AV-ability is nerfed then biggest tank zerg will always win.
    Sometimes I hope that all AV gets nerfed to uselessness, so the faction with the NorthGate at Indar can hold the whole continent for 4 weeks. Perhaps people then understand the importance of AV...

But as long as everyon thinks that the "precious" throw-away tank they spawn should dominate from one Warpgate to another the QQ-TT-"my tank god destroyed!" will continue.
    (I never understood why people play PS2 when the only thing they want to do is driving tanks.... there is a game called World of Tanks. I think the whole purpose of this game is driving and destroying tanks. Go there, drive tanks until you are tired of it. Come back to PS2 and see if this tank-zerg-shtt is really necessary...)

LESS QQ MORE PEWPEW!
  6. Icedaemon

It boils down to this: The asset in question is a free unlimited-use weapon which works very well against limited-use assets with a noticeable cost, from ranges so far out that said asset cannot even be seen. The engineer turrets should be single-use deployables which cost resources much like the less versatile mines and C4. The engineer can just go back to a terminal and resupply, but at least we don't have one single person able to snipe vehicles from beyond rendering-range.

The machinegun turret was balanced around being redeployable, so if they are made single-use, that one ought to see some buffs, otherwise the AT remains a total upgrade.
  7. Slaidd

I have no problem with the AV Turrets the way they are. When I'm playing my engineer, I can use them, for a few seconds or a few minutes sometimes, before I'm killed by a tank or infantry. When I'm running around in a tank, I sometimes get killed by an AV turret, sometimes another tank or infantry with mines or C4. The turrets are not nearly as big of a factor as some here make them out to be.
  8. ArcKnight

I couldn't agree more

I got more assist kills than actual kills with it, if it was truly OP then I would've gotten more kills
  9. Shellana

New flash, AV turets count as vehicles and thus show up at vehicle render range.
  10. Selerox

AV turrets are powerful, yes. But you become a sitting duck in the world's biggest shooting gallery with a sign over your head that says "HEAT Round Here!".
  11. Kanka42

AV turrents are balanced by the fact that they ned realy f*cki*ng even ground to get deployed. Deploying them at good positions is very tricky.
  12. Thuglodyte

You guys are typing "AV is overpowered" but all I read is "Tailor the game to my needs!"

Nothing wrong with AV from a balance perspective. It's an Anti-Vehicle Turret, so you have no place to complain it's too good against vehicles. That's it's freaking purpose, that's why it's called "Anti-Vehicle." You don't want it nerfed, you want it made useless so you never have to compete with it again.
    • Up x 2
  13. MajiinBuu

I love the AV turret so much. I agree that it is powerful, but not overly-powerful.
    The thing I'd change about it is make the turret and it's missiles more visible, and fix the hitbox.
    At night the missiles light up the whole area around it, but the missile itself is hard to see.
    During the daytime the missile leaves a small smoke trail that disappears after a little bit, the smoke trail should follow the missile along it's whole path(It would look pretty cool too). And the turret should render from farther away for others to see it.
    The AV turret hitbox needs to be fixed. It's a problem for snipers, especially when the turret is at a higher elevation. And if I know somebody is creeping around the corner, I get out to shoot them, my shotgun pellets spraying the invisible wall around the turret. Plus the nose on the turret is just visual, you can shoot through it.
  14. smoke eater

It was the tankers whining that got the annihilator nerfed into almost uselessness. Longer lock on time, damage nerf and all the rest. It didn't matter that 15 guys with anni's locked on and killed a vehicle, all that mattered is that a rocket destroyed them and they cried 'NERF'. I can see the same thing happening with the turret. Doesn't matter the number of people that use them, it is the fact they get destroyed that makes them angry.

P.S. I don't use the turret; pain in the *** to set up, good for very long range but CQC and it's useless (very situational) and other issues (being sniper bait) makes me rather spend the 1000 certs on something else. These down sides don't mean anything to the nerf criers.
  15. cancerian9

I just got back into PS2 and noticed these things around, most of the time they are abandoned after a shot or two. Much like the MANA turret, the engineers are at the mercy of the terrain and the angle of the turrets turning. On top of that, once it is set up, it doesn't take much to take out a sitting duck trying to aim. I can't wait to try it, but what I've seen, it doesn't seem to need a nerf. All of these things have already been stated by what it seems as people who actually play the engineer frequently. And the ones asking for a nerf are at the other end of the launcher. I suggest playing an engineer and trying it out (even the MANA turret) and you'll see how its balanced.
    • Up x 1
  16. Slaidd

Agree. Basically, what the nerf AV Turret crowd is hoping for is that it will be nerfed to such a point as no one will use it any more. Which is exactly what would happen. Any kind of nerf will mean that no one will even bother pulling it. Mission accomplished for them, they can get in their tanks and roll through with the zerg that much easier. They want it to be worry-free easy mode.

I would have a lot more respect for them if they would just come out and admit it. At least be honest about your motives and stop trying to hide it under a veil of "fixing" it.
  17. Bastid721

how so? I can only fire every 4 seconds. not enough time to run or find cover?
    i've run and covered from engy turrets..ty for exp btw.
    if u stand still EXPECT TO BE BLOWN UP.
  18. Bastid721

as it stands now, a nerf to the av turret max certed, whether it be reload speed or dmg should buff the nerf.
    eg
    LONGER RELOAD=HIGHER DMG
    LOWER DMG=LOWER RELOAD

the av turret is fine as is and as such needs no fine tuning.
  19. Drealgrin

No no, Just nerf the infinite range. Max it 300 meters like the phoenix and it will be just fine
  20. Bastid721

Oh how do I wish to spawn bomb Amerish/Esamir from Indar........If only