Australian Players ONLY 11-23-2012 Diagnostic Testing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veratu, Nov 22, 2012.

1. a4especibot

Who is Veratu? Is he a developer, customer service representative, or a PR/Community relations manager?

Just curious.
  2. a4especibot

That issue may be because their microphone volume is turned up too high, causing distortion.

My microphone is configured so that it is tolerable, at least. But I would rather have some VOIP than no VOIP.
    Hell, I would even PAY $5 for a VOIP DLC.

- A4
  3. w4rp1e

No, I played on a US server and it had a slight delay, plus there was always one additional step, like if I walked to an edge and stop my character would take one additional step and step of the dam ledge!

I do still get this on Briggs, but RARE!
  4. Veratu SOE

Yes, Smed tweeted this the other day. I don't have a timeline for when it will occur, but I would guess sometime next week (after we can ensure the server makes it more than a day without something new blowing up :) )
    • Up x 1
  5. Gabba202

Good work for addressing the issue immediately and attempting to keep the AUS community informed SOE, greatly appreciated.
  6. a4especibot

East/West coast was almost unplayable for me - I was getting a good 50-60 FPS and I could move fine without warping, but other players and vehicles were, and there was a very long (>10s) delay between interacting with an object/terminal and getting a response. Also, chat messaging had a considerable delay - in one instance my message simply did not show up at all.
  7. Blink

They will get it sorted .. I remember a few days very late in Beta on the Oz server where the voice comms were really sharp and clear. Had a very good days play with one guy leading multiple squads, delegating leadership and roles/objectives .. damn that was a good days play. The game was clearly what it is supposed to be.

Forget the guys name that was leading.. anyone remember that afternnoons play? .. must have been 1-3 days before the end of Beta (sry can't be more specific, it was a blur)
  8. Dragonzord86

Cheers dude <3 I dont look at the ps2 twitter coz its not really updated with anything to do with the briggs server :p
  9. Rockman

Thanks for working on fixes so fast guys. VS had an epic defence of an AMP station in effect before the server went down. My first major def. (Never bothered in beta.)

Think we could get an AU or server forum section? Be good to build the community up.
    • Up x 1
  10. Spiffmeister

The game is probably connecting there just isn't any visual indication that it is.
  11. Kyorisu

The lack of a user facing confirmation and timeout is really annoying.

Expected behavior

/connecting to host
    /connection lost

Actual behavior

/??????
    /??????
    /??????

Expected behavior

/disconnected from server
    /character select

Actual behavior

/disconnected from server
    /desktop
    • Up x 1
  12. Blink

This is a really good point.. one guy is pressing multiple times, what if there are literally 100's 1000's doing the same? Does that mean the ISP (hosting) is getting spammed with requests?
  13. Kyorisu

A few thousand hits and a few thousand is being generous I think should not be able to kill a server.
  14. Veratu SOE

We are in the process of bringing the Briggs world back online. It will remain locked until it's fully started, we will run a quick login/QA pass on it, then we will unlock it for you guys to play. ETA 15 minutes.
    • Up x 1
  15. Thagyr

16. Diablo Vash

Might see if I can stay connected yet once it's back up.
  17. Luminus87

I had an interesting situation with the VOIP. I am sharing it because it might help diagnostically.

I had my friend at my house and we were in the same squad (was approximately 3 hours ago). We were using the same internet connection and both connected to my router with Ethernet cables.

When our squad members used VOIP, it was going through to my mate's computer perfectly with no problems. On my computer, however, it was coming through broken and staticy and sometimes really really quiet. I was continually having to ask my mate what people were saying.

Also, when I used the VOIP to communicate, it was taking about 20 seconds between when I actually spoke and when it reached my mates headphones.

Not sure if that will be helpful, but I guess it means that the poor quality VOIP isn't related to internet connection because we were both on the same connection and getting completely different results.

Also, good luck fixing the Briggs issues. Can't wait to get back in to play some more PS2. I'm pretty hooked on this game right now.

Edit: we also had exactly the same voice chat settings and my mic and headset was working perfectly in the test/setup menu.
  18. moondog

When it's that regular it's called a 'timeout'
  19. NEms

Couldn't of said it better myself. Totally agree. Especially like the detailed updates your putting in Veratu, always known that most big game companies dont like Oceanic based servers due to all the restrictions on internet. Should have a ku just to fix the damn internet and catch up with the rest of the world. Sorry just my rant on the expensive crap (NZ/OZ internet) we are buying cos there is no other choice :)
  20. LameFox

High ping doesn't necessarily make things less 'smooth' (though it doesn't help), it's just an increased delay which affects your response time.