Australian Players ONLY 11-23-2012 Diagnostic Testing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veratu, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Veratu SOE

This thread is for the Australian players to report data per the SOE teams request in the announcement. Please do not post in this thread if you are not part of our diagnostic testing, and if you are not on the Australian server. We need to keep this thread on track so we can resolve the Australian server issues as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

After 5PM Australian time (roughly 10 minutes from now), we want people to report on this thread if you are unable to get into the game from the character select or character create screens only. After we gather that data, we will ask for another sample of data.

If you have a long period of time after pressing the play button to get into the game, please give us a rough estimate of how long it took. ie: 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, etc.

If you are having other issues getting into the game, like Launchpad not loading, or the PlanetSide2 game not loading at all, please hold off on posting that. We will ask for additional data through the testing.

Again this is for Australian players only.

Thank you
    • Up x 1
  2. PooperTrooper

Logged in and out a few times with no issue just then, I had the not being able to login issue a few hours ago. The problem seems intermittent and usually happens after a longish play session then re logging back in.

EDIT: BTW, plz sticky the thread, I had to actually search for it.
  3. triverium

Hey there,

I've been having such issues connecting to Briggs from NZ (nearest server to my knowledge).

From hitting play to getting to the loading screen varies from maybe 5 seconds to about 30. But the real issue for me is that it stops loading at some percentage, and even after leaving it for a few minutes, does nothing and the process has to be killed from the task manager. Haven't gotten into a single server yet :(

Cheers
  4. Darkening Kaos

Since going live I had been unable to get a character on Briggs, as soon as I hit the finish button, nothing, and my other character ceased to work properly as well. The only resolution was to close the client and restart it.

Ten minutes ago, I attempted another character and it successfully completed on the first attempt - but I will keep an eye on future developments.

Edit: Just logged on again and I had that 'skip' problem with the gravity pads going from the warp gate to the defensive towers. Landed and then continued on full speed into the armoured shield of the tower. Fortunately, it didn't result in insta-kill like it has on other occasions.
  5. Diablo Vash

Have not been able to play yet... Even if I get into the game I can walk around with my character but I am unable to chat, use the consoles or do anything and a couple of seconds later I get disconnected and that's it...
  6. MorganGee

Just got on to Briggs then. It took about 40 seconds before the continent loading screen appeared.

Edit: This was connecting from Australia.
  7. T.A.G

Just tried to log into Briggs from NZ (Telstraclear is my provider). After first attempt which seemed to be taking an excessive time, I reloaded the game, tried to log into Briggs, and found that my wait time was 2-3 minutes to actually join the server.
  8. Cilvaa

I couldn't get in at all yesterday. Today about 15 mins ago, could get in just fine.
    1) Load time after pressing play was less than 5 seconds for it to react. Logged out and back in again just now, load time after hitting play was 16 seconds (I am guessing due to the being more people connecting to do these tests).
    2) my internet provider is Internode, running Naked-DSL via a Telstra-owned line PSTN line
    3) login time approx 4:15pm AEST (Queensland does not have DST unlike rest of East Coast)

No obvious latency issues. Frame-rate stable.
    Just a side note if the devs see this; there is a "show FPS" option in-game, a "show ping/latency" option would be great, (if it's already there, I have not seen it).
  9. triverium

Interesting, I'm with telstraclear too (cable), after verifying, downloading 3.3Gb, and now backing up the damn game files, I shall try again...
  10. Veratu SOE

Right now I'm looking for people who press the play button from character select, and can't get into game.

Are there any cases of this currently? Please chime in.
  11. Veratu SOE

Please provide the following when you chime in:

1) Estimated time from pressing play to getting the loading screen.
    2) Service provider you are using in Australia
    3) The time (in australian time) when you pressed the play button (So we can find it easier in the logs)

Thank you
  12. Diablo Vash

So the people who can finally get pass the character select but can't do nothing in the game and always get disconnected in a couple of seconds mean their screwed?
  13. Veratu SOE

No Diablo, we're taking each symptom one at a time. I'll get to the disconnect users shortly. Don't worry, we're here to work through these issues tonight. At the very least, figure out where they are coming from.
  14. EpsilonAlpha

30 seconds from pressing play to loading. Can vary significantly.
    Using Optus in Melbourne.
    5:40PM AEDT
  15. Raines

I would help but I can't get launchpad to work. When Launchpad does load, I get the unable to connect to soe.com error

Last time I tried to play, it took about half a minute to load from clicking the play button.
  16. Darkening Kaos

20 seconds from play to loading.
    Loading pauses at 68% for 10 or so seconds, then continues.
    Virgin Mobile in Adealide.
  17. boarface

I'm getting in with about a 3 second delay after pressing play however I couldn't log in most of last night until later (when the Eastern States would've left) due to the play button doing nothing (and character select was very buggy).
  18. Tovarich Cookie

When pressing play now, it works fine. Yesterday it took approximately 5-15 minutes to do, differing every attempt. My ISP is Telstra, and i am in the state of Victoria.
  19. Raines

Just got in... and about a 30-40 sec wait for loading after I click play.

Using Bigpond (Telstra)

Logged out and logged back in at 4:51:10 (hit play) according to my computer. Hit the loading screen at 4:52:00
  20. boarface

Am now getting massive delay when spamming play (endless)

EDIT : Got in after about 1 minute