Australian Players ONLY 11-23-2012 Diagnostic Testing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veratu, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Prawny

No worries, thanks Veratu. A the updates you have been providing on the issues are very much appreciated.
  2. AxisO7

We're not accepting a broken service. We are accepting that a huge-scale game that we all enjoy playing is unbelievably giving us our own server, and we understand that there may be some problems over the first couple of days. Obviously if this continues over a significant amount of time then that is not on, but a few days? Disappointing, but ultimately if they get it up and running properly then we'll all have forgotten about these problems within a week.
  3. GunSlingerAUS

Good idea. I'm sure the guys have been slacking off on their 20 hour work days, even during the public holidays they worked through, and your threat to go to the ACCC will whip them into shape. If you hadn't posted that message, they would never have solved the issue, so good on you! And who cares if diverting staff attention to hateful emails removes resources from fixing the actual problem, amiright? Also, you're right to be outraged, because we all know how simple it is to program an MMOFPS. They're absolutely not some of the most complex programming on the planet right now - it's as simple as bashing some lines of code and watching it work, right?
    • Up x 3
  4. gowthar

I will start raising hell the moment they just stick their head in the sand and say there is no problem. So far they are working on it . What more do you want ?
    • Up x 2
  5. ZeePal

dw Veratu I look forward to it coming back online. (THANKS FOR ATLEAST TRYING TO HAVE AN AUSSIE SERVER!!!!)
  6. Request Denied

filter got ditched. They are only blocking interpol listed sites.
  7. Kyorisu

Depends on the product but I personally know of a few cases where people have been given brand new vehicles because their first one was super broken. Other instances people took full refunds and bought from another manufacturer.
  8. kuronekko

Still not working for me :( glad I didn't buy Station Cash, cause if they can't even get the launch menu working right, I don't wanna know what's going to happen when I start using the buying menus.
  9. Eturyu

I would like to say that although i am locked out, and look forward to this being fixed as soon as possible, this game is awesome. I've played other MMO's day one and comparatively speaking they are doing a really good job at SOE. Thanks for a great game guys. Yes the issue on Briggs are annoying, but i trust you will get it all running as soon as humanly possible. This is the first FPS type game i have enjoyed in approx 9 years.
  10. Spiffmeister

Just wanna thank SOE for staying on top of all the issues.

Awesome communication as well.
    • Up x 3
  11. Kyorisu

Let the rage flow through you. Become one with your rant.
    • Up x 2
  12. Request Denied

Shop works fine from the website, cant say for in game though.
  13. LameFox

Blaming the menu for this is like saying your key doesn't work properly when the battery in your car dies.
  14. Gibber

Thanks Veratu and SOE guys working on this for us. Most of us know it's a complex issue that isn't a quick fix. Please take the few of us venting our frustration as just a sign of our passion and support for the game. If you need our help again just let us know and I'm sure we'll step up and do what we can.
    • Up x 2
  15. Andrakis

There is a huge difference between a game that relies on servers, and a car/bike - those two are contained entities. They either start (one with the help of petrol), or they don't.
    This game is working fine ... on the client side. It's the server side that's having problems. It'd be like going to the ACCC because the highway was banked up due to a severe car crash - yes, your car is working, but the road it relies on isn't, but it's not just instantly a "faulty road." And they're working to clear the problem so people can resume!

I played for several hours today in the morning, and it was working fine then. When we hit prime time, we seem to be overloading either the servers or the ISP - same thing happens in peak traffic. Only here, a fix doesn't take months or years.
    • Up x 2
  16. STABB

Thanks for the updates Veratu. Hope you guys can get it sorted out soon.
  17. a4especibot

I'm not here to complain about the inability to login, even after attempting for 30 minutes and countless restarts.
    Clearly this is a difficult issue to resolve. Clearly it will take some time - time which we should allow SOE to fix.

BUT WHAT PISSES ME OFF is that I cannot at all communicate to ANY players ingame, and I cannot hear anyone ingame despite my microphone working in the ingame test (option menu) and in every other game available to me. There has been no official response to problems of this nature. I've lodged a support ticket with my DXDIAG but I'm not holding my breath.

This has been suggested to be an issue isolated to BRIGGS, but other forum-goers have reported it on CONNERY and so on.
    I also started a thread for this last night, and no-one replied - I suppose no solution has been found.

Is there an ETA on this fix? I love PS2, but it's unplayble without a microphone, or being able to hear others.

- A4
  18. MrMchale

What the car has a key???.....
  19. SpiderOz

Can we keep it civil gents, there's no need for ridiculous statements and mindless drivel, I understand some of you are annoyed, but dribbling on about it and shaking your e-fists/peens does nothing to fix the situation and most of the time makes you appear the fool.

I'd prefer to read the important information, not the scribblings of kindergarten children.
  20. Spiffmeister

People complaining realise they can make a character on a different server and play that right....