As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaTzo

Read FFS.

Random spammed weapons that get one shot kills on vehicles are frustrating and add nothing to the game.
  2. Brahma2

Not real profitable to spam when you only have 40 shots.
  3. Flag

Yeah I've read your posts.

And I still don't see any good reason for why it's such a bad thing.
  4. RaTzo

I would be inclined to agree... and I don't do that when I'm in the Dalton but people DO do it and it results in kills for them. It is profitable... it costs the person nothing and they tend to get random kills from it.

Simple solution. Make it take 2 Daltons to kill a full health ESF. Skilled Dalton gunners will still have their skill and be able to land shots repeatedly. I've seen their YouTube videos where they get hits over and over gain... it taking 2 shots won't affect them. If anything it will put the balance back to a reasonable state with those guys. Primarily however it will all but eliminate those lame random instant kills from random spammed Daltons.

it's a win/win. The good guys get to really stand out because if you are not skilled with the Dalton you're not going to be able to do it. So their bragging rights go up. Further ESF pilots won't be able to accuse skilled Dalton gunners of just getting lucky. ESF pilots won't loose ESFs and resources just because some guy spammed so the frustration level will go down.

Libs have lots of options to protect themselves from ESFs (shredder, walker for example) so it won't even leave Libs helpless....
  5. RaTzo

What vehicle do you spend your time in? OIC the Magrider. Perhaps the ESF should have a weapon that can one shot it if I just spam it in your general direction and get lucky. Sound good?

HAH Let's keep the entire thing equal. How about the Dalton can one shot your Magrider? Sound good? Don't tell me that Magrider can't move around to avoid the Dalton b/c it can. :)
  6. Flag

1-shot?
    Who needs a 1 shot when the target can't fight back?
    • Up x 1
  7. Krunkez

Wait there is a cone of fire? Can you explain how ti works for me.
  8. Gundem

Cone of fire is a weapons tendency to have some degree of offset from the center of the reticule when you fire. So, if you were aiming at the center of a target, the CoF would cause it to land a few degrees away from the center.

The person who posted that though, is wrong. The Dalton has no cone of fire.
  9. FACEACTION

I'm a full time Lib pilot and anyone who needs the Dalton to get points or ESF kills needs to learn how to fly. 1 shot or 2 to kill an ESF with the Dalton? Who cares? Don't use that thing for that anyway. Shredder all the way.

Making the Dalton take two shots to kill an ESF isn't really a nerf, it just separates the boys from the men.

Man up Libers!
  10. DG-MOD-17

Going to go ahead and lock this as it has become non-constructive.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.