As a full time Liberator Pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Jun 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dreadnaut

The Dalton's design was for killing armor.

As SNAFU stated above, most good crews use the Shredder now anyway which is MORE effective against aircraft that the Dalton. However it's boring, so some crews still run the Dalton for the satisfaction of killing an ESF with 1 shot which is insanely difficult.

Now, let me ask you a question...What was the Decimator designed for?

I already know the answer, and it wasn't designed to hit aircraft it was designed to hit armor. Does that mean if it hits an aircraft it shouldn't do much damage at all because it wasn't 'meant' too?
    • Up x 2
  2. RaTzo

I'm not threatened, why are you so threatened by the idea of not being able to get one lucky shot kills? Got no skill to fight fair is it?
  3. Dreadnaut

Notice the part where he kills the Liberator in a minute by flying well by himself? No Liberator has a chance when you fly like that, continuously rolling over and fighting it in hover mode. ESF's just rip them apart from range.

You didn't prove your point well with that one. Matti beat that Liberator like a red headed step child that just ate the last cookie outa the box.
    • Up x 2
  4. Dreadnaut

Except hitting aircraft on the regular with the Dalton isn't 'one lucky shot', the guys that are really good aren't counting on luck when they shoot ESF's, they're counting on the ESF making a mistake and using skill to hit them with a Dalton.

Even if it was luck, why would that be reason enough to call for nerfs?
  5. RaTzo

You're right they do. This doesn't change the issue with the Dalton.

Says you... no data to back that up however. You've got 40 chances to get a lucky one shot kill... not difficultly just patience.

It means it shouldn't one shot kill an ESF - even though such would almost always be a skilled shot. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Why do you care? If the Dalton is about skill then prove it, hit twice. If it isn't effective anyway then why do you care? You change your reasoning so often it must make your neck sore.
  6. RaTzo

Then if they are not counting on luck but skill then they can duplicate the shot and having to hit twice is no big deal. I bet they wouldn't like it if I had a one shot kill solution and 40 attempts to get it right against them!

Because dying to one lucky shot is bad enough, when it costs you resources and a timer it is just complete lameness. Infantry complain about dying to Daltons all the time but they can spawn instantly and keep on playing. ESF pilots run out of resources and have to wait for timers. There is no way someone should be able to just spam until they get lucky and make someone have to wait for 20 mins in order to play again.

And just for ******* notice I am NOT ******* talking about me I have my timer maxed and my resources are almost always pegged. However this is not true for MOST of the ESF pilots in PS2.
  7. Dreadnaut

Then don't put yourself in a position to get hit by a 'lucky' shot. What is that so hard to comprehend? Don't engage a Liberator solo until you get better at flying and get solo them without even thinking about it.

I don't engage Vanguards solo as a Heavy Assault and expect to win. Why would you expect any different in the air?
  8. Dreadnaut

You're right, I don't have the data to back that up, I'm a pilot, not a Dalton gunner. I'm terrible with the Dalton. I know exactly how hard it is to hit aircraft with them which I have done, and in my case it was pure luck. However, if you want to look up one of my primary gunners, go have a look at Plasmaszap on YouTube.

I'm not linking his videos directly because they have foul language, but you can see his page here:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2HoiNTDsk75ElwbVQt9TZg/videos

It's a highlight reel, so don't come back and tell us how overpowered it is because he kills so many people with it. His shots aren't all luck, there is a LOT of skill involved there.

I'm tiring of debating this issue with you, as almost no one here agrees with you and everyone else agrees with me.
  9. SNAFUS

I don't gun libs Ratzo, actually I never fly them anymore either with the recent changes my ESF is simply more profitable. I actually enjoy the few good lib crews that still play this game because of the challenging fight they offer compared to the vast majority of other lib crews. Stop trying to cry wolf with how OP you believe the Dalton to be, NOTHING supports your views and this is from an ESF pilot.
  10. RaTzo

So a Lib can send a Dalton several hundred meters... I've seen Daltons come flying by from max render range. Do you suggest that ESF pilots don't fly within that range of Libs? Is that your solution?

What gives you the right to one shot every pilot who isn't an ace? Why do you think that only ace pilots should be able to engage Libs?
  11. Krunkez

Matti is like a 7-7.5 if Rguitar is a 10 from my personal experience against them. If they were to 1v1 Its safe to say it would be quite one sided.

As a fellow pilot of Wycliff as well, both him and Rguitar would agree in saying that your average 'aware' ESF is a threat solo against even the best lib crews.

P.S.

Rguitar vs Matti

12. RaTzo

If he is so skilled then removing the lucky one shot kill aspect shouldn't be an issue for him. Perhaps people shouldn't try to kill ESFs with the Dalton until they are skilled enough to actually use it that way. Maybe they should practice first.

Perhaps you should stop debating and start discussing then. L2P and your multi choice justification for the weapon (skill, not actually effective... and whatever else suits for the moment) are just debate tactics.

Come up with a real reason why the Dalton should be able to one shot kill aircraft. A reasonable reason.

I'm not asking you to complain about any nerf suggestion, or to try to teach people how to play the way that pleases you, but to justify a weapon that gives you 40 chances to get a lucky one shot kill. Again, if skill is the issue a skilled shooter can hit his target more than once...

Then when you come up with a reasonable justification for this - I can't imagine what that might be but I have been trying to "everyone else" to give me one.... try to imagine the impact on the majority of players in the game.

Discuss not debate.... it isn't my fault that you dance around the subject instead of discussing it.
  13. RaTzo

Well then you must be right. LOL

I still don't see a single reasoned attempt at justifying the Dalton being an A2A one shot kill weapon. You can say that I'm crying wolf all you want, you can ignore all the discussion - and even the videos posted by myself and others - and claim that "NOTHING" supports my views (are you omniscient? ) all you want but you have yet to even try to show why the Dalton should reward lucky shots with one shot kills.

Sigh...
  14. Alan Kalane

You know what the problem with libs really is? It's not because they are OP. There are 2 major issues with libs:
    #1 Libs either die quickly in fair fights or spawncamp a base when the enemy is outnumbered.
    #2 Most players in planetside are so called "randoms" and randoms rarely have any AA weapon certified, because they think like this: "My fav role is sniper/tanker/lib pilot/medic/engineer/max/etc why should I cert into anything else? I'll just focus on certing my role and keep being completely useless against aircraft" like my friend who has certed EVERY medic weapon but no AA weapon:rolleyes:. Wrong. I cert into pretty much everything so that I'm more versatile and can be usefull in any scenario.

Because of it flying a lib is situational: if you're fighting an organised group with AA weapons then you get melted down,otherwise you melt others down.

A quick solution:
    1. BUFF libs but only a BIT
    2. Make the basic AA launcher free and avaiable to every player.(I know SOE doesn't like giving stuff for free).
  15. Dreadnaut

Because it's a 3 man flying tank vs a 1 man, highly maneuverable, much faster, single seat fighter. Liberator Dalton is only as good as the PIlot and the gunner combined. If the pilot doesn't give you an angle, your gunner isn't getting the shot.

"Dalton rounds hitting ESF's at Max render"

Do you have any idea of the probability of that happening, mathematically speaking?? It's gotta be like 10,000:1 or higher. If that happens, you just have to chalk it up to luck. I've been hit by a Decimator from insane range before, and it destroyed my Lib. What do you do when that happens? You shrug your shoulders and say, "Nice shot sir". I've been hit by Daltons doing CRAZY maneuvers as well, and you just say, "Well done!". You think ESF's are the only things getting hit by Dalton Rounds? It takes two Dalton rounds to set my Liberator on Fire, I'm also three times as big as an ESF. Doesn't that make sense to you??

I'd be willing to bet a weeks salary that you've been hit by a max render Dalton round maybe 2 times, ever. That kinda thing just doesn't happen on the regular but you'd like everyone to believe that it does.
  16. RaTzo

That doesn't seem to be a problem for pilots with your skill. Perhaps teams should practice before they try to take out ESFs with Daltons. That way having to rely on one lucky shot wont' be an issue, they will be able to use their skill to get two hits and so everyone will know how good they are and they can have even more satisfaction from the kill.

First what I said was Dalton's wizzing by me....

EXACTLY MY POINT. It was big of you to even type that. I'm not going to go for the cheap "gottcha." But you get my point. This is the same for most Dalton shots. As someone else brought up a few pages earlier it isn't very accurate anyway. There ARE some skilled Dalton gunners - and I don't want to take anything away from them. I only want to take away the frustrating lucky one shot kills. How many weapons in PS2 can one shot kill infantry? Of those how many can you just keep spamming until you get a kill? How frustrating is it for infantry to get killed like that?

Now how many weapons can one shot kill a vehicle in PS2? I can think of only two (right now) a tank shell and a dalton - and they both are against ESFs. How lovely. How many things can an ESF one shot kill? Zero. Sometimes tankers get lucky kills but usually it is skill. In my experience, and that of other ESF pilots I speak with the Dalton is almost always a lucky one shot kill.

I almost alway tell the tanker "Well done!" because it was.

Exactly, because that guy had one shot to get it right and about 10 seconds max to make the shot. Not exactly like the 3 minutes and 40 shots you're trying to justify.

Oooh you get to take 3 shots and you're only on fire.... the sorrow! How would you like it if a Dalton destroyed you in one shot? How about if it made you on fire with only one shot?

I wasn't talking about getting hit, I was talking about spamming that can result in a lucky hit. I don't think it has ever happened to me. However, my squad mate got hit by one of those while we were hovering and chatting with no one around... the Daltons started flying and we started to move and he blew up. He was not a happy camper. Poor guy has the worst luck in an ESF...

You're telling me what I'd like, how patronizing. First I didn't talk about getting hit, and I wouldn't like anyone to think anything that isn't true. The fact is that it can happen, and when it happens it isn't about skill and it does just frustrate players for NO GOOD REASON.[/quote]
  17. SNAFUS

Omg you have the most selective comprehension I've ever seen. None of the videos you have shown have helped you in the slightest, they are all out of date and not representative of current balance or you simply try to take them out of context and scew them to your fantasy you have made up. Your discussions are nothing more then hearsay and isolated observations as you even said you have no issues with libs its the other pilots that suffer yet you have no metrics to back up this claim. You can't rely on taking other pilots words out of context to sway anybody as again you simply look foolish for trying.

Daltons take considerable skill and a massive time sink to master. Just to repeat myself again as you seem incapable of grasping this is I support a one shot kill because of that high skill demand for it to succeed. I do not want it to be two shots as that will bring the skill demand to a far to high of a level and would essentially leave any Dalton Lib a non threat to ESF. You are demanding a nerf to daltons to make them two shot ESF, yet when only a handful of gunners on each server are capable of doing this regularly against bad pilots now. That would make a successful dalton gunner even more rare and would essentially remove a high skill niche that has taken gunners hundreds to thousands of hours to master as is. Your whole crusade on these forums is the forced system of Rock paper Scissors on all aspects of PS2. You are welcome to your opinions but I ask you not to dirty up the forums with further misinformation on air craft to accomplish your ulterior motives.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tcsisek

As a tanker, ESF pilot, Lib gunner (on occasion) sniper, infantry, and flash flipper, I have to say that the big problem with the lib is just that it deals to much damage. reduce the damage to a manageable level and its fine. when lib gunning we usally get torn to shreds BUT take out whatever sunderer, infantry, tanks, and often air that's threatening us before that. and on small fights we DESTROY everything. 1 lib on a small fight wins it with no doubt. So to fix this that total damage should be reduced so that infantry are harder to kill and same with tanks. (on the other hand G to Air lock-ons need a slight nerf. 1 guy can me as an ESF pilot out of any fight and 2 instantly kill me. to fix that make 3 needed to kill 2 and 15% damage will work as well.)
  19. Lightwolf

you just did the selective one again.
  20. RaTzo

Please do entertain me... how so?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.