Are the Magrider Strafe Changes Intentional?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Varben, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GhostAvatar

Welcome to what the other factions tanks had issues with.
  2. Tvayumat

Being able to move side to side smoothly while exposing only front armor is a pretty significant bonus by itself, and that is EXACTLY what the Magriders have as of this patch.

Your hyperbole will do you no good here.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sedisp

The Magrider can no longer strafe fast enough to dodge rounds from Prowlers and it takes a very bad Vangaurd to be able to dodge those.

So yeah their strafe is worthless.
  4. HappyWeapons

The problem described here is that magrider essentially cant turn like NC and TR tanks. You can turn your tracks in 45°, 135°, 225°, etc or not even stop to do the manuver, while continuing to fire and having the target in your sights.
    Are you honestly unable to grasp what we are talking about here?
    The magrider can now move towards 3, 6, 9 and 12'o clock unless it faces towards the direction now, losing its ability to shoot.

Go step by step please. What is it that you cant understand?
  5. Flix

Yeah..and its so easy to see where we drive to right? because we have a turret to look behind us without turning the whole tank...oh wait no we have coaxial..we look at the front even if we press "t".
    And if you have to stop your tank to turn your track sideways you`re absolutly HORRIBLE at tankdriving...wtf. You basicaly drive a tank how we now MUST drive it. Just with a turret to look where you are actualy going.
  6. Tvayumat

On paper, what you say makes sense.

Now go try driving sideways over uneven terrain while "continuing to fire and having the target in your sights" in a Prowler OR Vanguard.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Spoiler: It's so difficult as to be tactically meaningless
    • Up x 1
  7. Sowahka

Not sure what game you're playing, but when looking at a Magrider from a dead-even position you can shoot front, side, and top armor. You see the bulge the secondary turret is on? That the top armor, you can shoot it from the front. Same with the side bulges, to hit its front armor you have to hit the area where the main cannon is mounted.
  8. HappyWeapons

You are right. I admit that i was wro... oh wait

Yes i can cause all it takes is some common sense?
    • Up x 3
  9. Sedisp

They've already said they want to add turret stabilizers so you can't really use that.

Also who the hell cares? Max out your prowlers anchor mode it fires as fast as you can click with reload speed.

Combined with the obscene velocity the only way you are losing to a Mag long distance is if you are bad.
  10. Tvayumat

You are clearly unfamiliar with damage registration.

While you can technically hit the side armor on the model from up front, if you are hitting the tank from a forward cone of 45 degrees, your hit will always register on the front armor.
    • Up x 1
  11. willowstyle

shut up vanu, just let u ****** in silence ;)
    i am vanu and that's the message i received from this patch
  12. Flix

Interessting..not try that with a magrider that can only drive sideways OR forward. while always having to look in your direction to even be possible to fire. we cant manouver around you anymore. 15mps do strafe around you? Jeah shure. that way we will use our trademark manouverbility to evade you ant attack you. HAHA you have no chance against our 4 drivingdirektions.

Go away with your proofs. We are here in the Universe where Tanks with Tracks have to stop to turn...you can clearly see that when they drive around a corner..they drive to the corner. Stop..turn 90° and then continue driving..no way they can simply rotate the hull while driving.
  13. f0d

i knew they did this to stop magriders from climbing hills but it has affected combat usage much more
    you pretty much cant move forward or backward and strafe at the same time - you have to stop then strafe

id rather they took the magburner away - that allowed us to get up hills far more than being able to strafe sideways ever did
    with this strafe nerf its a pretty much useless ability now
  14. Bambolero

Our VS mag drivers seem shell-shocked now that they experience what other 2 factions had to deal with for 4 months heh.
    I hope you understand now how silly OP Mag was.

Yes mags dont have a turret and are built like a tank-destroyer so they need something to compensate for it but they can still strafe just can't abuse the ability now for shell dodging when rest of the tanks need to stand still and can only try forward-back movements to dodge shells (which never really works).
    I don't know how could the Mag pass BETA in the state that it was launched but it backfired now because players got used to it's OPness and now we have to deal with QQ.
    The good players that understood how much of an edge they had wont QQ but will adapt and still use the Mag.
    • Up x 1
  15. HannaDest

Aaaaah Vanu tears.....so precious.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sedisp

My god.... is this how stupid the player base is? Please tell me you're at least NC.

If the Mag cannot dodge tank shells with strafe it has no purpose of being a hover tank. Just give it tracks and a turret and be done with it.
    • Up x 4
  17. SpoofGhost

Moar QQ please, at last it is more balanced
  18. Elrobochanco

Magriders used to be the most observable OP tank, Prowlers the most potentially, and the vanguard whatever. Now the Prowler is beyond observably OP (like who even needs a skyguard when you have a lockdown prowler), the magrider is definitely nerfed out of it's own "niche", and the vanguard I haven't encountered.

Could have just reduced the "magnetism" that magriders have when going up hill so they'd backslide rather than this joke of vector addition. The prowler is downright comedic, and I really hope to see it put to good use.
  19. Hadrekson

Magrider is by a wide margin the worst tank in the game now.

Either make it able to strafe again. Or make it a generic MBT with treads and a turret. Right now it's impossible to aim the main gun in any coherent manor.
  20. TigaloN

Made adjustments to the Magrider so that combining strafe and forward velocity no longer provides an advantage to hill climbing [/i]

So, ON FLAT GROUND my forward strafing speed went from 54 to 34 kph. My sideways strafing was halved... This is with rival combat chassis 3. Sideways strafing of 24, and those 24 takes a long time to reach. If feels like a slug now. Sorry, but I wont go into combat in a slug. Also, turning feels much much slower.

Is this a bug? Or is that the intended fix. If this is intended, then I am not shamed to admit I will cancel my sub and go find another game to thorw my money at. I will still play, just not use any money as I dont support these kind of nerfs when we were promised they would not be coming. my magrider was my most cert invested object in the game, I just spent all my certs from the double xp weekend to max out mine guard ffs.

I was so looking forward to this patch, with warpgate rotation and new spawnrooms. Now, well, I got diconnected before I got the change to logout.

Oh well, I can only blame myself. After SWG I swore never to play a SOE game again, but after a lof ot friends asked me to try I finally caved, spent a bit of cash (more than the cost of a normal game) and this is the way SOE shows their true colors. By again lying straight to our faces!!!

(for those who dont know or have forgotten, in SWG they doubled the amount of secret professions you had to master in order to become a jedi . When people became suspiscious (because the average number of professions people had to master went up so drastically over night) they lied for several month before finally admitting that they had made that change).
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.