Are the Magrider Strafe Changes Intentional?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Varben, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghodere

Has to be a bug. Has to be. Higby specifically said mag maneuverability would not be affected. Same with the lockdown projectile speed, that HAS to be a bug.
  2. Sedisp

The Prowler speed when locked down is over twice the speed of a Saron. It's getting brought down. Its hilariously fun but its being brought down.
  3. Varben

They can shoot faster than the fastest sniper rifles. There is no way this will last.
  4. Iksniljiksul

Read the patch notes:

"Made adjustments to the Magrider so that combining strafe and forward velocity no longer provides an advantage to hill climbing."

Thus yes, it is intentional. Side movement now slows forward momentum.
    • Up x 1
  5. kucookachu

The Mag was a salsa dancer before. I'm white so I never had a chance in my Prowler.
  6. Dtswiss

Going up 20% degree inclination with vanguard slows down your tank from 50 km/h to around 25km/h. All this does is balance it out with other tanks.

In patch 1 when they modified the traction or whatever they called it, it created this problem with the vanguard and prowler where any hill , even smallest would basically stop your tank or make it crawl.

If the mag rider now also suffer from this than its balance
  7. AntiDemocide

dmg to heat
  8. Flix

What you mean by "already"...they didnt wanted to nerf the manouverbility...what did they nerf extremly hard? The manouverbility..This nerf makes it impossible to change direktion fast...basicaly the main reason you guys cry: Dodging...so your tanks got buffed WHY again if we cant evade you anymore? I love nerfing/buffing ..they always overdo it hard.
    • Up x 2
  9. Tvayumat

Wait... you mean to say that being able to strafe has a drawback?

Crazy talk! VS are supposed to be superior across the board! Somebody fix this!
    • Up x 1
  10. Slyguy65

The fastest sniper rifle lol wahhhht?

Nah if they take the velocity down...they are idiots.

They should only lower the damage if anything.

You guys are *******, TR IS MEANT TO BE THE FAST ONES.

Guess who should have high bullet velocity....hmmm
    • Up x 1
  11. Yago

Nerfing the armour would be closer to the Vanu vernacular .
  12. HappyWeapons

Actually, that is not true in this sense.
    It is true that you can only strafe or move for/backwards, but vanguard and prowlers wont lose momentum and whats more important, they can freely turn their tracks. The magrider right now is totally crippled. If you argue that, then at least make a valid point.

You can turn your tracks in a degree that is equal to strafe/forward movement. Its called turning.
    How this impacts the magrider?
    Oh right, now the magrider has no turret and can only go in the direction its facing or strafe.

If you cant be ***** to understand the problem then dont post. I will be reporting every each post that is coming from TR trolls, which is not a threat, just a friendly suggestion to pull your crap together. Thank you.
  13. VelcroPudding

The fact you have a hill called 'magrider hill' should be an indication this may have not been intended.
  14. Varben

You... no you don't understand. You can shoot 3 hexes in under a second. This will not last.

Also: "Thus yes, it is intentional. Side movement now slows forward momentum." I believe that was solely intended for hill climbing, not general use.
  15. Flix

Are you kidding me? The saron is a LASER...how can your bullets be faster than that? warp-ammo or what? Basicaly you got a better version of the saron in your mainweapon now as far as i understand it. Seems legit. Now start wondering why ppl gonna cry about it.

You mean beside the fact that the base next to that hill normaly belongs to the vanu and if ANY other faction claims that base...quess who`s tanks standing there? But its becaus of the abilitys of the mag...becaus on that range no other tank could dodge or simply drive backwards..hell no. Totaly impossible. Backwardsdrive with 30mps vs our 15mps-strafe..that will totaly NOT dodge anything.
  16. HappyWeapons

This.
    Its what i kept on repeating all the time.
    Most players on TR and NC couldnt even figure out the fact that they can turn their turrets apart from vehicle facing.
  17. Sedisp

So you're saying that strafing should have no benifits of strafing and all the disadvantages of strafing?

ohhhkay.

The NC are. TR has always be refire rate since PS1. The Vangaurd should have been given the velocity increases and we should have gotten the ability to reload our turrets independently.

Also the Prowler lost its recoil so I can't see a single argument being made for us to have a weapon that fires faster than most bullets.
  18. Tvayumat

Magrider: Moves slowly from side to side while still being a stable firing platform thanks to hover while exposing ONLY front armor (and narrowest vehicle profile)

Prowler and Vanguard: Move more quickly from side to side (after stopping and re-orienting their tracks of course, and praying there aren't any tiny rocks in the way), and in doing so remove ALL capability of quickly gaining ground or retreating (compared to the Mag, which can immediately begin forward or backward movement WITHOUT reorienting hull) AND exposes side armor to enemy while increasing profile.

Oh yeah, I can see how the magrider is COMPLETELY crippled now.:rolleyes:

What a load.
    • Up x 1
  19. Jetlag

This is ridiculous, the main advantage or defining feature of magrider was its manouverability. In this patch they buffed the armour of vanguards, buffed the dps of Prowlers and nerfed the manouverability of magriders.
    Now the magrider is 3rd in dps, 3rd in armour and 3rd in manouverability.
    Not to mention that the magrider requires manouverability to be effective since its a FIXED TURRET VEHICLE ffs soe.

EDIT: Please refund the certs i wasted on rival chassis 3 which now gives 0 benefit kthx.
  20. Kortez12

If I were an NC/TR player I wouldn't be rejoicing about the now (potentially) broken Magrider. This is what makes games no fun for everyone.

The option should have been to either A. nerf the hell out of mag manueverability (which they did) or B. Buff the hell out of the prowler and Vanguard (which they did) not both.

Now I've only ever actually used the mag three times and I mostly play infantry so I don't know much on the subject in general but if you massively power up the damage potential of enemy tanks while nerfing the movement of the mag this seems to simply create more problems to me rather then fix anything.

Those of us who have played SOE games before are used to this heavy handed approach and I honestly can't figure out how management hasn't figured out it doesn't work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.