Are the Magrider Strafe Changes Intentional?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Varben, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis Farrakhan

vs has the best rifles. i have played all 3 factions and i kill people easily with default ironsight vs rifles. i lierally just point and click.
  2. VexTheRaven

Know what other tanks have turrets? Every other tank in the game.
  3. Jetlag

I am BR53 and have spent considerable time (and certs) in my magrider, so i feel that i am qualified to say that these unintentional manouverability nerfs have put the magrider at a severe disadvantage to the prowler and vanguard even before you take their respective buffs into consideration.

I see a lot of posts here yelling "good now mags cant out manouvere my tank welcome to balance trululul"
    If you are such proponents for balance then you should be demanding the same dps and armour buffs for the magrider that you received?
  4. ritual

I have played all three factions fairly extensively, spending all of beta as a TR, and my time since release has been split between spending my days as a VS on waterson and late-night I've been switching to an NC on connery. I would take the NC weapons over anything else hands down. More damage per shot + lower first shot recoil over the VS weapons mean that I can start dealing significant damage more consistently at longer ranges, switching to my pistol as I close in if I need to.
  5. Zapon

--------------------------------------

Here is what we have so far

VANGUARD

PROWLER

MAGRIDER
    Saron HRB reduced to 250 m/s from 300
    -a attempt at fixing the speed boost from strafe PLus forward movement up hills results in stopping on inclines when you try to strafe
    -Magburner now will NOT work on hills. We can't be on inclines
    -strafing reduces speed by 1/3 also

-ALL TANKS- minor traction increase -not to level of where they were before this got destroyed in December
    Vanguard and Prowler normal AP rounds move at 600 M/S
    *remember, anchor mode buffs prowlers now to 750 m/s speed when using AP rounds
    Magrider AP rounds are still stuck in the 200s somewhere

DEV NOTES:
  6. Sablisk

They are going to have to do a whole lot more then that if they want to keep me as a paying customer.

A cert refund to start with, have 5,000 invested in the mag which is now wasted, not to mention RL cash.

Also they can let us transfer certs to a TR or NC char.

Sure as chit not going to pay to play a faction nerfed into perma caplock.
  7. Zapon

8. DG-MOD-04

Locking this one down as the discussion has run it's course. Please mind the forum guidelines in the future when post a reply ot creating a topic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.