Anyone NOT like the Gauss SAW?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Starlight288, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Starlight288

I mean I know everyone complains it is god mode and how OP it is and how great..best weapon ever.

Now, has anyone fully certed out the SAW and decided they do not like it?
  2. AdmiralArcher

im not sure how you cant like it? put a 1x sight, supressor and foregrip on it (i think advanced foregrip too) and the gun is epic
  3. NinjaTurtle

I hate it. Maybe because I am a bad player but the thing jumps around terribly and I can't hit barn door with it.Long range it's useless, short range it's useless. Miss 1 shot and as long as the other person isn't an imbecile you're on your way to the spawn tube

I feel the GD-22s and EM6 outperform it considerably
    • Up x 19
  4. Pikachu

For the first 1/3+ of my play time I didn't. :oops:
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

It's good at the ranges it was intended for and bad elsewhere. Some people try to use it in CQB and then complain that it isn't the GOD SAW they were expecting. Sadly, CQB is the environment for 90%+ of the capture points in this game.
    • Up x 2
  6. LordMondando

I think its garbo.

Everyone focuses on the 200dmg and ignores all the other plethora of drawbacks.
    • Up x 12
  7. NC_agent00kevin

If you're in a situation where you can tap tap tap the trigger its ok for long range engagements, so long as hit detection holds up. In that case you might as well use a sniper rifle. CqC it sucks, medium range it sucks because you cant go full auto and your enemies likely can. EM6 and GD-22S are far better options. Ive even had the EM6 firing ghost rounds as the crosshair was dead on an enemy at medium range, and about 2 bullets registered. I got gunned down by a guy with a TRAC. At least HIS shots registered.
  8. janeTEXAS

very very good gun. I think its the best LMG in the game on par with SVA-88
  9. Klondik3

Well VS and TR players insist it is good and some of them even go far enough to call it the God SAW.
  10. Unclematos7

Me. The cone of fire bloom it and the other 200 damage weapons have is awful and no attachment can fix that. Sometimes you might get a good grouping and be like OH MAN THIS ****'S AWESOME!!!!1 or you might get a bad grouping and be like WTF IS THIS ****?!?!?

The people who like it were just lucky a few times and decimated some people with 200damage+good grouping+a headshot here and there and think that this gun can do that concistently. It can't, you just got lucky.

One way the NC can get better is to STOP. USING. THE . ****. SAW and guide new players to GD-22S or SAW S for their first HA certs. The 330 certs they can spend making a ****** gun less ****** can be spent geting another, better weapon instead.

"Well VS and TR players insist it is good and some of them even go far enough to call it the God SAW."
    And here is the source of half the problem.
    • Up x 2
  11. CDN_Wolvie

Those who call it god mode and so forth are straight up spreading propaganda.

That default weapon is pretty much the reason I avoided playing HA on the NC, I only started pulling HA later for the shotgun + rocket in the situations where that mattered.

The default weapon experience I have had on the TR and VS is far more preferable, IMHO. All of them I certed up, all of them were tap-tap-tap at longer distances and all are easily replaced by a SMG. *shrugs*

Besides, longer distances aren't really a infantry fight, that's vehicle territory. Infantry are in their element within walls, buildings, caves and tunnels.
    • Up x 3
  12. Dead soldier

IF you have great aim and burst fire it and aim for the head, it is the GODsaw. For the average player it isn't but it has a much higher skill cap but high rewards. IT ACTUALLY REWARDS SKILL!!!!
    • Up x 2
  13. janeTEXAS

the gauss saw reminds me the ak-47 on counter-strike, its one the few things that actually requires skill on planetside 2.
    • Up x 1
  14. Unclematos7

"IT ACTUALLY REWARDS SKILL!!!!"

It doesn't. Cone of fire bloom cannot be compensated for with skill. It's random. And SAW's is the worst of any LMG. Even EM1 is a better choice than this garbage.
    • Up x 9
  15. PanzerShrimp

Most overrated weapon in the game.

It got the name god saw from hip fire scrubs who have never used it beofore and looked at it's stats and saw the 200 dmg and have gone OMFGGOD200DMGNCOP.

However it is good when used at range but is overall poor for CQC and defending points, EM6 is Superior.

On another note....Anchor.....
    • Up x 1
  16. Jester7x

i dont like any of the NC HA weapons.
  17. NC_agent00kevin

Yep. Early on I got the GD-22S and Auraxiumed it pretty quickly, also the first gun I did that with. Followed by the Cyclone which was used as HA until I got the medal. Now its EM6/Jackhammer until I medal those up.
  18. PanzerShrimp

Have you tried the Anchor?
  19. HadesR

Not really a fan .. But then again at release with flinch mechanics etc I found it a struggle .. So I ground out the aux medal and laid it to one side for 10 months ...
    Finally put it back in my 3rd choice loadout last week ( still other LMG's to Aux ) and will see how it goes now.
  20. Jester7x

I have and thats probably the only one i would go with. The other factions just have a better selection of guns for HA.