Anyone NOT like the Gauss SAW?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Starlight288, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Epic High Five

I started as LA and had a 0.3 KDR for ~2 months. Then I switched to a SAW/nanoweave/resist/radar flash HA and within a month I had a positive KDR I was killing so many people with it. This was back when getting revived didn't cancel out the death counting toward your KDR too.

Anchor is a fine gun, but has too much initial kick for my tastes. The GD-22S is pretty much the only other HA weapon I'll consider using if I'm not pulling a SAW, because the GD-22S is a purpose-built killing machine like the SAW is - it's just built differently.
  2. Nehlis

I love the damn thing. Since it's the gun with the highest learning curve you feel like a boss once you get good at it. It's also hilarious when you meet another heavy standing at 100m. They try shooting their mini-gun, bullets go all around you. You take 2 seconds to aim for his head, BOOM BOOM BOOM down. It's basically a battle rifle with a 100 round mag and stuck on full auto.
  3. oumajgad

I don't know if someone said this (cba to browse 11 or 12 pages), but... Who hates SAW? Anyone who hates to die to a guy who had luck with two random headshots. I know, I know. Two headshots doesn't kill, but I hope You get my point.

Still hate T9 Carv more tho.
  4. Theghostwad

fully certed mine out, meh - I still can't hit crap, the vanu stock and the tr stock work better for me. I pretty much just play heavy for the rocket launchers....
  5. HerpTheDerp

Compensator reduces vertical recoil. It's the adv. grip that is worthless on SAW(not that other options will do you much good)
  6. Moisture

You have it backwards.
    The horizontal recoil is what give its inaccuracy, The perfect upwards vertical recoil can be accounted for to a great extent.
    • Up x 1
  7. HerpTheDerp

Horizontal recoil is a fraction of the vertical recoil, and SAW(NC weapons in general) have lowest horizontal recoil in the game. You'd have to fire past the weapon's max range for horizontal recoil to matter on a .175 weapon.
  8. JonboyX

Hate it. I keep giving it a run out, but am disappointed by it every time.

Not very good at short range at all. Obviously it's not a hip fire gun, but you can't even cajole it in to being one.
    Below average (imo) up to 50/60m. Other faster firing LMGs I think give you an edge. At worst, they are on a par.
    Only becomes good when ADS at 60m+, and that combat range is generally horribly inefficient unless you "field" fight. If you get a clear, unopposed shot then yes, it becomes beastly. But then, I'd expect any and all LMGs to do this.

I think what it boils down to is just not suiting my play style.

iirc; I saw BR100 stats and the SAW wasn't the top used gun at all.
  9. RockPlanetSide2

As with most 200 damage guns, if you can aim and hit the head they are amazing, if you are average and just spraying the body at random use the EM6.
  10. Moisture

The horizontal is still significant and impossible to account for with mouse moments. And even in small bursts is dramatically limits range on the weapon as really any user and any online review tells you. Its not hard for the horizontal to be dramatically then vertical when compared when its the highest in the game, But its unlike vertical moment you can simply cancel it out with a simple downward drag of the mouse thanks to its perfect 90* upwards drag.
    It invite you to conduct more testing on the weapon. You are entirely backwards.
  11. Moisture

All the 200 damage weapons have such fantastic full auto burts bullet groupings they are such a pleasure to use.
    A bit mindlessly easy once you develop even minor recoil adjustments habits. the Reaper has to be the easiest to use weapon ever.
  12. KnightCole

The Reaper is a very nicely controlled weapon. its recoil is so miniscule to me I hardly notice it. I dont often use the thing but the few times ive taken it out, yeah, its nice.
  13. Epic High Five

Reaper supremacy

Also, it's important to note that the 200dmg/500rof guns have very similar dps to the 167/600 and 143/750 guns 1616 v 1670 v 1788. that said, dps means very little. The Corvus is a beast of a gun and features a whopping 1464 dps. The Ursa/Razor/Pulsar C are among the best guns in their classes despite a paltry 1531 dps. Bullets on target is much more important.

The 143/750 class edges out the others, but it trades mid-long range lethality for a 0.1s faster CQC TTK. Considering hipfire is bad almost across the board with LMGs and you should be ADSing, the perfect first shot accuracy of the SAW and the subsequent accuracy of the following shots really makes them hilariously deadly.

It's less cut and dry with the ARs and Carbines. Reaper is still clearly the best AR in the game, though I'd be willing to admit it may be tied for that title with the TRV or T1 Cycler.

The X11 is much more close-mid, where it competes with guns like the 7F which is an absolute monster post-PU02. More kills per mag in reality with the X11, and fewer shots means less chance of being detected. The 200 damage and perfect first shot in ADS is very nice when you're above them and can start your burst right on their head, but unlike the other two 200dmg guns it's pretty much required to do this to justify pulling it.