Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostick

1. Drive car into house
    2. Hold down 4 on the keypad
    3. Sound car horn
    4. $6.50 saved!
    5. ????
    6. PROFIT!
    • Up x 2
  2. NevilClavain

Haha lol I like this, I'm gona try it!
    Can I drive my car in your house? ;)
  3. Katana

If anyone has played PS1, they know, a fun bus essential is the horn, it's like taking a dump on the original fan base.

But we are few now, a lot of us have left so it's not that big a deal. From a non vet standpoint, I'd rather they charged for a horn than, say, anti everything super cannons, aka, rocket pods.
  4. 0ReferenceException

I'd be willing to pay 7$ for a horn but only if it gives me blow jobs and washes the dishes.

lol @SOE. Always when I think you simply can't sink any lower you somehow manage to prove me wrong.

Thank god the game is so **** and gets boring after 2-3 days - then at least I can laugh about it (and laugh at the morons giving you money for crap like this).
    • Up x 1
  5. psioniq

Awesome - this thread is still going xD

So, I actually heard the horn yesterday on Lithcorp - and to my surprise, the sunderer in question was still wearing hubcaps, which refutes my statement earlier about the horn taking up the 'Misc slot' - so that's cooI guess. Oh, and it sounded almost identical to the old sunderer horn from PS1 - albeit a little muted in comparison (must have been the low-pitch variant).

As for spending developer time creating a horn instead of bug fixes; that's a bit of a stretch.. Bug fixes are handled in the coding department, whereas horns are mostly just art (yes, horns require a little bit of coding - but not more than a few dozen lines).

That said, I still agree that horns should be a default item available to all players. As suggested, sell unique sounds for them instead.
  6. Dkamanus

1. Press the Proximity Chat.
    2. Sound like a Horn.
    3. ??????????
    4. Profit!
  7. foam

I'm one of those morons down $150 if you count alpha squad.
    It is true, you got to give SOE one thing and that is they always know how to sink even lower. This horn thing has sunk them pretty low, and i've given up hope on them getting their head on straight; they were close. I'm anxiously awaiting what they'll come up with next.

In other words, I could log onto iTunes and buy a high quality 7 minute song for 99 cents, yet a 1.5 second horn sound is $6.50? get out of town.
  8. Hadrian

doesnt take a genius to work it out does it .. 10 horns ...
    • Up x 1
  9. NevilClavain

hahaha GREAT point lol thanks for this; $60 = six measly horns when for $60 you can buy a 300+ hour long game like Skyrim or ME2 (not ME3, that one we all know is crap). Also for $60 I can eat for a whole week. Simple math goes a long way ;)
  10. MaxFail

As special as a $2 virtual item can make one feel. Yes, you're right. I've really been trolled by them into emptying my bank account in my first online game ever.
  11. SixVoltSamurai

Nope, can't be bothered when what I responded to was quoted. I got your point, it's just that I don't care.
  12. NevilClavain

yeap, dully noted, now please go help ruin some other game as this thread is centered on trying to keep PS2 alive by avoiding bad decision calls and policies and is meant for those who care ;)
  13. LichX

Simple: Just find a horn.wav file and play it on VOIP while your driving. :D
    • Up x 1
  14. DerpyHooves

f
    unny thing is you can barely even hear it when your vehicle is stopped and your sound is up to max.
  15. Sharook

See that shows how different the realities of different people are. I dont see, where I insulted the devs, merely I was giving the SOE marketing a hint, that lower prices x high sales could be more turnover than high prices x low sales. Especially when compared to the prices of other items. This is even more true for virtual items that require absolutely no further production costs whether I sell 100 or 10000.
    In my world I was very constructive in giving an example calculation of how SOE could make more money, by not charging a price for that item that feels insultingly greedy to ppl like me. Not bying it is exactly the result, leading to much less returns for that oh so costly and challenging implementation than it could have had. It just feels not to be worthwhile to pay almost as much for that, as for an ingame item, that has a gameplay value. I just aquired the Liberator HE cannon for 700SC, so either this item is heavily underpriced or the horn is overpriced. I am sure, most ppl will agree with me, that the former is much more unlikely than the latter.

Also for those ppl, that live in fear of how kiddies with an over-abundance of SC will make the warpgates a hell of hornblowing cacophony: just mute the horn for all ppl on your ignore list - problem solved. The kiddies can have fun in blowing the **** out of their overpriced horns, everyone else will have some hard days until their ignore lists are set up, but after that peace and order will be restored throughout the galaxy...

This still leaves ppl like me, that see some tactical use for those horns (politely asking to make room for my sunderer to pass by), but are unwilling to pay prohibitive prices, out in the rain. Which is fair enough for me, but wasted turnover for SOE.
    • Up x 2
  16. Noxx(ia)

9 actually. maybe it does take a genius.

do you guys cry about LoL charging for skins? you swear that a single dev is going to read this and think "you know, this jackoff does have a point"
  17. CobraBoss

I just want a real erected horn and give free rides to vanuses !
  18. Tuco

Horns need to be louder.
  19. FigM

For something like horns, 100 SC would have been fair price.
  20. Hans Goddius

It is a vanity item. Eventually it will be on sale so just wait. It's meant to pay for the development of a game. Developing a free game is not free. It requires people's time, debugging, alphaing, betaing, etc......
    It's vanity items, P2W, or advertisements. Unless you want a 30s clip of Mr Clean everytime you spawn or you want paywalls be happy.
    What they should do is this: When they release new stuff, make the old stuff cheaper and cheaper. The people who want items first pay the most, while the ones who are more frugal wait for the sales.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.