Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hans Goddius

Also they are not required, so don't pay for it if you think it costs too much. If no one buys it, the price will drop.
  2. Tuco

How much would you pay for this horn?
  3. BigMacDeez

I bought the horn. It's pretty awesome having a "job", where I make my "own money". Thank you triple SC Day!
  4. ZtriDer

This is fact about selling stuff on F2P, especially estetic stuff.
    You want people to buy, and keep buying.
    If you get people to buy an item, it is more easy for him/here to buy an other one on a later occation. The point is to get them to buy in the first place..
    If you overprice the product only the bigger fans and richer people will buy. The point is to find the right price for the items so people willingly opens the wallet, and then keep adding "nice" things that people want to buy. Like new decales, new camo types, maybe new wing looks on planes etc etc.
    The biggest killer about buying estetic stuff, the high price and still you cant use them with an other character. Everything is bound to one character. (Atm I play on EU server and US server. 2 characters. I for sure wont be paying for anything do to the price. Double up the price. Should I buy the horn, it would cost 12£. For the horn).

You just conterdicted your self. The more money thay make the faster, the more extra...etc etc.
    But you said dont buy if it is expencive. The whole point about F2P is to get people to buy stuff to get the money to flow. If only a small part of the player bace buys stuff, then it will not be enough in the long run. You can not overprice a product and go around and say to people, "to bad for you, dont buy if you dont like". That is not econimical.
    Like the Nevil.. said. 6£ for a horn? Only a few big fanse will buy it. And kids with rich parents. What they really should do is making "everyone" want to buy them. What is best? having 100 people buying one item for 6£, or having 1000 people buying one item for 1£?
    And as i said before, ones someone buys one item, he/she will get the fealing of "investing" some money into the game and will therefore have a harder time quitting the game then someone that has nothing to loos but time used.

The magic is in making people buy, not making rich people buy.

Fanse can shout all that they want, dont buy if you find it expencive, but in reality they just make it worse. They actually stopping people from making the game better. They are confronting people who would like to invest some of their money but cant, and making them feel unwanted around. There is a lot of people out there that will pay if the price is right, and if they cant they will use it otherplaces. If not in an other F2P game, maybe in RL.
  5. Deronok

Wish they just left it out of the game. People abused it in beta, and it wont change even with a price tag attached.
  6. Degenatron

This.

I bought the horn only as an after-thought because I got so many smedbux during triple cash day that I couldn't find anything else to spend them on. I also got it when it was discounted.

Anyone who says this is a necessary component is an idiot. My sunderer worked just fine before without it.

You have a perfectly good way to warn people when you're backing up or trying to get people to load up - use the proximity chat. It's free and it works better anyway.
  7. Pinchy

Not knowing the value of money and trying to force it on others. This kind of attitude is good for making the suits leech as much money out of the stupid as they possibly can.
  8. BigMacDeez

Somebody's upset... :(

How is getting SC on a day where the amount is tripled not knowing the value of money? Did you not get an allowance this month?
  9. Buntfunk

I'd like to spit into the face of whoever set the prices. But I won't because Im a civilised ape. No that's not the reason. The reason is that I don't know who that person is and that I most likely won't be able to spit so far even if.

Comparing a default horn to prox chat is such an obviously dumb argument. An ingame sound is much easier to locate than the badly done voice. If a sunderer behind me honks, this gives me more input than hearing "Friizzzpfffffhhhm gorrrrll leftzz norrrr" in proximity chat.
  10. Degenatron

This.

And how exactly was I trying to force it on others? I actually gave an example of a free alternative.

Do what you want. You don't think this game is worth a single penny, I've got no problem with that. What I have a problem with is people berating the devs because their business model does match yours. Maybe when you run a successful F2P game, then you can tell them how it's done. Until then, you're just spouting uninformed opinions. That goes for all of you.
  11. Pinchy

What about it? It's the same argument, you are just putting up a strawman to attack perceived wealth. It's rip off no matter how much money anyone has.
  12. Degenatron

What about what?

A strawman to attack perceived wealth...what?

Seriously, you lost me. I'm saying it's not expensive to me because I make money, I believe in supporting PS2, and I buy when there are deals. How is that a strawman? Do you even know what that term means?

And no, you don't get to make your opinion into a fact. Saying it is a rip off is a value judgement and therefore cannot be a fact. It's your opinion. I don't see it as a rip off because it give me pleasure and 7 dollars is not that much money to me. That is MY opinion.

Here is a fact: The horn is not a critical item; it performs no function that cannot be performed another way.

You don't need it so don't buy it. But please quit pitching a fit because some of us can afford it and you can't (or won't).
  13. Pinchy

Same argument, "I have the money so it's not a rip off"

And no, you don't get to make your opinion into a fact. Saying it is not a rip off is a value judgement and therefore cannot be a fact.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.