Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcanum

It seems a lot of posts are coming from the same users over and over again, though.
    • Up x 1
  2. SixVoltSamurai

Well, amazingly what other people do with their money is their business and not your problem. However, for 6.50, it better damn well be a custom horn I can add my own sound to. Otherwise, it's too expensive for my tastes for a bland old honker horn.
  3. Kralous

Well I heard the horn for the first time today, and guess what, it was someone driving a sunderer around in circles at the warp gate, ramming into people while blaring the low horn.

Didn't see that one coming... oh wait, I did.
    • Up x 1
  4. Nocturnal7x

If this was the case I would buy it...
  5. Dibola

A horn should be a freebie...it's vital to let people know to get out of the way and move.
    • Up x 1
  6. illgot

yes because we all know it was the horn that made them do it.
    • Up x 2
  7. Erik

So don't buy it, problem solved haha. Or if people really think it should cost less then say "hey i really think this is too much." Instead people act like whiny ******* and insult the developers who are trying to make money back on a game which was released free to play, cost tons in development, will cost tons to maintain and build upon, and only requires you pay for vanity items in cash. $6.50 is barely over %10 the cost you would pay for a game that dosn't have the development costs of an MMO and it is one of the few items you need to pay for in cahs. These items can also be usable on any character on the account once the account wide purchase feature goes active. $7 is also less than you pay for Wendy's value meal these days to put things in perspective. If a few $7 purchases really break the bank than you have bigger issues to worry about. Don't buy it if you don't want it or constructively give your thoughts to the developers. Childish responses as the OP gave and yourself don't solve anything.
  8. Arcanum

9. Zenox

You mean opposed to 300 kids using proximity chat?
    • Up x 1
  10. Zenox

Yeah I'll remember that next time I run someone over in my tank. A vanity item? I've never heard something so absurd.
    • Up x 1
  11. Metsuro

Read the next few pages after the comment.
    • Up x 1
  12. Sabreur

I'm curious as to how many people have actually bought a horn. I certainly haven't heard one in-game yet...
    • Up x 1
  13. Phattie

I haven't and wont as it's quite frankly scandalous that they'd charge for something that should be on the vehicle in the first place, and was in the first game (which this game is allegedly an evolution of).
  14. NevilClavain

Does not change the fact that this thread has generated a lot of involvement; also look at view count not just post. This is an issue or this wouldn't be the case.
  15. NevilClavain

Reading is sorely underrated these days. Almost every criticism has been addressed yet no one browses through.
  16. VKhaun

I lol'd.
  17. NevilClavain

Easily the most poorly thought out post I have ever seen. I'm guessing you've never been on a development team or you'd know that NOBODY on this thread is talking about the devs. NOBODY is asking the devs anything. NOBODY is blaming the devs. This has nothing to do with the devs. In my experience devs stands for DEVELOPERS not "people who decide how much to charge for crap." Please think or at least do some background research before posting.
  18. Turiel =RL=

Every vehicle should come with a horn for free. It is that simple. I don't pay $6 to be nice to people. I just run them over for free.
    • Up x 1
  19. NevilClavain

wow way to miss the point. I could give 2 cents what others do with their money, heck I don't even give one. It's the COMPANYS DECISION that i have a problem with, not the price. It's an obvious nickle and dime move quit ignoring the issue and read through the thread before posting. "Oh but I'm not reading through 30 pages of stuff." Well then I guess you shouldn't post if you can't be bothered to take other people's posts and counter criticisms before you post the same old (and already addressed) argument others have made.
  20. MexelVanMexelen

My update on this topic is that they decided to NOT remove dumb fire from the lock on launchers. That means I need to reconsider my pledge to not spend more SC on the game.

So now I feel free to comment on the price of these items, as they are something I might consider spending my SC on. At £6.50 (650 SC) (or even £2.15 if i use triple SC or even £1.07 if use triple SC and a SALE is on) then I STILL won't pay that much for a horn that doesn't work on all my vehicles.

Seems like a lot of people agree. I haven't heard a single horn in the game.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.