Adding Insult to Disrespect - The Horns. Thanks SOO Much SOE...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NevilClavain, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NevilClavain

650 SC for a horn?! When it was an obvious design oversight and is something that should come with most vehicles? Really?! I mean really, how desperate are you to take kids' money? lol yes it's a F2P game I get that, no complaints. But you're pushing the line between a cash shop and a run down, decrepit, sleazy pawn shop. 650 SC for a HORN....

Ok, so the flash-light rail attachment for a gun is obtained through CR but the horn on a vehicle you have to pay, wait for it...$6.50. Six dollars, for a horn. Screw the gaming community then, huh? I personally am not naive enough to pay six dollars for something that you overlooked and added as a result of player requests/complaints. To those of you that think this is a fair price, erm, I have no words. I take this as an insult to be honest; given what the game has turned into since release (which will not be discussed in this thread), this decision is beyond insulting. Feel free to disagree with me and let me know why.
    • Up x 82
  2. Jestunhi

It would have to be a damn impressive horn for me to pay that much...
    • Up x 20
  3. WacKo

650 SC FOR A HORN?! wow.... just wow.
    • Up x 15
  4. Metsuro

Do you want 300 kids in the warp gate all smashing the horn for hours?
    • Up x 15
  5. Almost

I think too much is free right now.
    I am sure PS2 has cost countless millions to make.
    • Up x 4
  6. Rellenar

The price of an item in the cash shop does not necessarily represent the difficulty or cost of making that item available. A cash shop item's price is paying for the entire rest of the game's maintenance and development, not just that one item.
    • Up x 2
  7. Zsaryna A

you never know
    if it's a horn that plays a funky little jingle, I'd quite happily pay for it
    • Up x 8
  8. RavenGenesis

so they don't do P2W by providing dumb aesthetics like decals and horns..

AND PEOPLE STILL COMPLAIN

(P2W is defined as cash shop offering weapons that's more powerful than what can be obtained with regular ingame currency)
    • Up x 6
  9. Raka Maru

I could see "custom" horns selling for SC, but the default horn should be standard.
    • Up x 25
  10. Bullwinkle 01

Does it play Dixie or La Cucaracha at least? It better do that at a minimum for $6.50.
    • Up x 11
  11. TimeyWimey

100sc I'd be shady about, but what the hell? 650? :D

edit:

Ok. That's pretty fine in my books then.
    • Up x 1
  12. Almost

The horns and other stuff should be on YouTube.
  13. NevilClavain

Really? You think so? $1 for 100 SC and guns that literally have NO difference from starter weapons cost 1000 SC. A design oversight of something devs admit should've been in the game since beta is released for almost $7...And you think too much is free, in a FREE to play game? that doesn't seem very "free"
    Give me a break ...
    • Up x 1
  14. Phyr

They already do this without horns, this would hardly change anything.
    • Up x 7
  15. Foefaller

I

I...

I almost bought it. I pulled myself away from it just at the last moment, before I clicked confirm.

It was the tech plant change that stopped me. If I even had the chance of winning the fight for that by charging a breach Sunderer into the tech plant blaring like a semi the whole time, it could be 1000 station cash and I still would have probably bought it.
    • Up x 2
  16. NevilClavain

I honestly do not care, that's not the issue; use /report for griefing and spammers...The issue is charging 7 dollars for something that should've been in the game since before release and is a design oversight.
    • Up x 4
  17. Shotgunjoe

What are you all complaining about....at least we get boots and helmets for free. :p
    • Up x 6
  18. lilbabygiraffelegs

I agree the prices on some of these 'features' are laughable. This is coming from a premium member. Why don't we get like one free item along with our 500SC? 500sc gets you caca.
    • Up x 1
  19. Erik

Haha can people complain more? Think about how far $60 goes in this game. That is the cost you would be paying if it wasn't free to play. Not to mention a typical mmo requires you pay $15 a month. They have to make their money not only to pay their development costs, but the high price of maintaining an mmo. Also, as Metsuro said, do you really want ever kid in the game running around spamming sundi horns just to irritate people?
    • Up x 4
  20. StrangerDanger

Its fine as is. Its not a vital component. Its not over powered. It doesnt increase combat capabilities.

Its a vanity/luxury item. Let them make their money off it, im sure it will go on sale for $3.

Lets be realistic here, were talking about under $10 here for something that doesnt matter. Dont want it dont get it...simple as that.

The more money they make the faster and more extravagant the FREE updates, expansions, and content patches will be.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.