ACX-11 needs 5 more rounds in the mag and greater projectile velocity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aegie, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Larolyn

This right here. Both the Lynx and the Jaguar scare me. I'm scared of the Hailstorm. I'm scared of the Chaingun. I'm scared of the VX-67. ACX-11? I'd sometimes be better off throwing old fish at the enemy instead. At least they might be repulsed enough to leave me be or just go "let's not kill the crazy". The SAW is scary in medium range. The ACX-11 Carbine is just not scary. I'm working towards my auraxium, have 300 kills with it and ditched it in favour of a GD7F. Just better killing potential at all the ranges I commonly engage in with my engi.

Make the enemy fear the roar of my faction trait 200 damage ACX-11 carbine!
    • Up x 2
  2. Armchair

No. I haven't. I was drawn to the ACX-11 initially because it was one of the only weapons that made me feel like I wasn't shooting paintballs. Yes, its dps is bad. But it hurts when you connect, and that's what I cared about.

To put things in perspective, I usually play FPS's like Red Orchestra 2. Weapons are SIGNIFICANTLY more lethal there. NC traits are superb in such an environment. Staying in cover and making your shots count are king. Run-n-gun is a good way to die outside of knife fighting range. Deployed LMG's are a deterrent from entering an open area in a true sense of the word because YOU WILL DIE if you're foolish enough to attempt it. To give you an idea of just how dead you will be, imagine these stats on a deployed machine gun: ~800 rpm, ~900 damage per shot, ~800+ m/s bullet velocity, and comparable accuracy to PS2's sniper rifles except without the exaggerated sway. It gives meaning to the term "no-man's land."

Sorry about the rant there. I just always find it odd when people talk about PS2's short TTK when it feels downright glacial to me. That's fine though. PS2 isn't even trying to be realistic and I can enjoy it for what it is. Just like I can enjoy TF2's unrealism. Different games that support different skills and tactics. I'll be sure to give the Razor a try next time I play.
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

Oh absolutely the GD-7F isn't good when compared to say the Jag or the Lynx, it's just good in CQB compared to every other NC carbine.

In fact to make a low RoF/high damage per bullet CQB Carbine that equalled them, it would have to have considerably more raw DPS, I think (which is, of course, the opposite of what SOE seem to do for some reason).

I've thought the AC-X11 needed buffing for a long time now, and the changes here seem quite reasonable. They don't buff direct power (which is ok, if not amazing), but they do buff indirect things (things that make the NC6 viable in its role) damage per clip and bullet velocity.

Neither really make much sense as they are now.
    • Up x 1
  4. lilleAllan

People are scared of NC (infantry) weapons - at mid range. Gauss SAW, Gauss Rifle, Razor - these things are great for mid-long.

To me, the problem with NC is our lackluster CQC options. Where NC/VS have 2 CQC carbines / LMGs, NC has 1 - at 1000 certs. Does NC really need 4 mid range carbines?
  5. Larolyn

CQC - Cyclone is beast if you can aim. Can be used by all classes. GD7F, greatest toy for Engi / LA CQC. LMG - EM1, adv laser sight, high rpm. Fantastic CQC LMG. Jackhammer, Heavy Gun, beast CQC weapon. Claw, amazing cqc shotgun.

We have options. I just want the ACX-11 to be better.