ACX-11 needs 5 more rounds in the mag and greater projectile velocity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aegie, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Aegie

NC need work and it's probably best to do so with small and specific changes to items known to be under performing.

5 extra rounds in the magazine would put damage per mag on par with other options and does not affect any of the other drawbacks.

Greater projectile velocity should have been there from the start for a weapon clearly intended to perform well at range.

This would still leave the ACX-11 with the fewest rounds in a Mag for any carbine, greatest vertical recoil of any carbine, lowest ROF for any carbine, terrible moving COF values, and outclassed DPS wise compared to other carbines.
    • Up x 14
  2. CrashB111

Didn't you already make this thread before.
    • Up x 3
  3. Aegie

Close, yeah. The last post was asking for 5 extra rounds and a .75 ADS speed multiplier because NC have 0 ES carbines with .75 ADS speed.

A few posters rightly pointed out the logic behind the asymmetrical distribution of .75 ADS speed within the various weapon classes so I relent on that- plus, its probably for the best anyway since the ACX-11 has bad movement COF in the first place.

So yeah, similar but a little more focused and informed.
  4. DashRendar

I support this.

I've been thinking more recently that instead of keeping the gun performance as is and increasing convenience of use, that we should maybe keep the inconvenience of use and boost the gun performance because it is clearly lacking.

If the mag capacity is increased then two things happen: A. the guns spectacularly short reload time would need to be raised to compensate, and B. we still have not improved the weapons' lacking performance in front loading damage to the enemy.

If we increase the max shot damage to 220 instead, then these things happen: A. the guns DPS falls in line with some of the highest in the game (realize that this will synergize with the guns bad CoF and unusually high bloom rate), B. the damage per mag still falls into line like the other option, C. we fix the issues these weapons have against. high level nanoweave enemy, and D. the line of NC only weapons remain high skilled weapon platforms due to low capacity high damage output potential with disciplined firing.

The line of weapons would become infantry versions of the Vortek Rotary; extreme burst damage potential for high skilled players to capitalize on, with very little room for user error balancing this. At this point the SAW would need to be tweaked to maybe have a mag size of 75 or lower, but I don't care, the weapons would be in function how they always should have been, so I welcome a drop in mag/reserve ammo to attain it.

The projectile speed is unanimous, they all need between a 5-10% increase across the board, possible exception SAW.
    • Up x 3
  5. Zorro

All NC weapons need faster bullet velocity and more damage. I support asymmetric balance.
    • Up x 6
  6. DashRendar

Hey hey, no off topic posting here Zoro. We are talking about 1, 2, maybe 3 weapons needing faster projectiles yes?
  7. Zorro

Considering that NC uses magnetically-propelled projectiles, I would say that every weapon's velocity would have to be increased. I would rather that all projectile velocities be absolutely realistic, but I can understand performance limitations.
  8. Van Dax

"magnetically assisted bullets" like regular bullets only more energy not "true" railguns
  9. Zorro

Indeed, but still faster velocity than chemically-propelled rounds.
  10. Frenk

Yeaaaaaaaaah, and I want 167 damage on my VX6-7.

Oh, and on the solstice too. Afterall
  11. IamDH

NC need help in any shape/form

I approve
  12. Goretzu

5 more rounds would help it a lot, and extra velocity would indeed help it actually match the Razor at range.
  13. CrashB111

If all velocities were realistic then the game would be unplayable.

VS would have near hitscan weapons because lasers, NC would be right behind them requiring minimal leading at best, TR just behind that but still almost negligible at the ranges engagements occur in this game, probably Crown to Magrider Hill would be close to instantaneous.

Not to mention tank rounds would be hitscan since a supersonic tank shell is going to reach its target with no delay at all. Imagine trying to fly at the current fly ceiling with every MBY able to just point and click to remove you.
  14. Zorro

Obviously there would be balancing. Maps might have to be rethought to have more space between bases, and every handheld weapon would have scope sway, except for those on bipods. Some VS weapons use lasers and thus should have light-speed projectile speed, others use plasma and should be slower than conventional bullets.
  15. CrashB111

Anyway there is a game for you if you want things like this.

http://www.arma3.com/
  16. Zorro

Arma 3 takes place in the modern era, while Planetside 2 takes place in the future. Besides, one has to pay money to play Arma 3. If you want an unrealistic game, play Team Fortress 2.
  17. DashRendar

Well I see how that would make sense, but some arbitration needs to be in place in the name of balance, thats why NC projectiles are more or less the same as TR projectiles now, and I'm ok with that. Give every NC gun faster projectiles in the name of lore and you will be making NC weapons better than other factions similars for really no reason.

Infantry ES weapons should be designed to emulate the ESF Rotaries IMO, because the Rotaries are all in a cozy place where they have clear faction tinge, differ in feel, and are surprisingly well balanced. The TR weapons emulate their Rotary already - less skill required to use, spammy, more bullets to throw at your enemy. The VS weapons already emulate their Rotary - no drop, faster projectiles, easy to use but less room for error than TR. The NC weapons do not emulate their Rotary yet - but the suggestions I made in my post above would bring this to maturity.

I support a projectile increase for NC, but only for the 200dmg line, brecause they are currently under-spec for no good reason. The rest of NC infantry weaponry is well balanced, well thought out, niched, and doesn't deserve buffs.
  18. DashRendar

You'd be surprised how much I don't disagree with you. If NC 200dmg weapons get buffed then I would 100% support a campaign to give VS at least 1 more 167dmg weapon per weapon class, because it would make a more balanced and interesting game. Considering where the 200dmg weapons are now, that can't happen though because the 167dmg weapons are the only thing NC has to hold onto.

P.S. If you need to drop the ROF of my GD-7F/GR-22 to 750 or 698 to validate these 200dmg weapon buffs, then so be it. Faction uniqueness go.
  19. BoomBoom4You

NC need something, poor buggers.
  20. BoomBoom4You

NO! I like the different empire traits. This isn't supposed to be uniform!