ACX-11 needs 5 more rounds in the mag and greater projectile velocity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Aegie, Oct 1, 2013.

1. DashRendar

My suggestion would remove two TR style weapons from NC and make their unique weapons more powerful.
  2. BoomBoom4You

Oh. So you weren't saying "faction uniqueness go" as in go away, but as in YOU GO GIRL!
    • Up x 1
  3. Mxiter

Yes with slower reload as drawback. (2.7-2.8 sec instead of 2.425 for long reload)
    Fair trade.
  4. DashRendar

Exactly!
  5. Aegie

I could be okay with this, though, to be honest the ACX-11 needs help more than trades but yeah this would be a small enough price to pay for what I have in mind- provided the increase in projectile velocity is more than just a token amount.
  6. Luighseach

Not like he was asking for the Moon.

I'm pretty sure the Trac-5 would still do more damage per magazine and bullet velocity increase would actually make it good at what its supposed to be used for.
    • Up x 1
  7. Goretzu

The problem is the GD-7F is the only NC carbine that is properly competative at close/mid range, because RoF matters SO much at that range (so long as it is paired with comparable DPS - unlike say the EM1) - and I wouldn't say the GD-7F is the best carbine in the game at this range....... it's just the best the NC have.

Add to that SOE bizarre obsession with making high damage per bullet weapons low DPS.

To me it's more like weapons like the AC-X11 are overly penalised, not that any buff would need a trade off, any buff would just lead to parity (the NC6 not so much, although even that could maybe stand a very small RoF buff to bring DPS on par).

Having said that I wouldn't mind more weapon seperation, it's just with the way things stand SOE would likely just make the NC weapons even worse and the TR/VS ones even better.
    • Up x 1
  8. DashRendar

TR doesn't have a Carbine that matches the Razor in effectiveness for mid-long range. NC on the other hand has SMGs and shotguns for close quarters, there is no such bandaid for mid-long LA. I personally used the GD-7F a few sessions ago on novelty, but previously I hadn't used it for months and didnt really miss it. If toning down these two weapons would be what it takes to get the 200dmg tier competitive, then I embrace it for the future of the game.
  9. Aegie

I saw someone posting elsewhere about the GD-7F, after the last nerf, having something like ~20% greater COF compared to similar damage*ROF options. It could have been recoil but either way, yeah, the GD-7F used to be a great weapon and now it is meh- where it would do really well you are likely to be just as well off with an SMG or even better with a shotgun.
  10. Aegie

I see where you're coming from but honestly I do not think the NC need to "trade" for anything- overall NC weapons have been under performing since the pre-release nerf and there are specific NC items where a "trade up" seems clearly warranted.

I feel if we start making too many concessions that we will just end up still a little under performing and just switch one set of "go to" weapons for another. GD-7F already got hit with what I consider to be crippling nerfs- there was a time where I would use it and that time has passed. As LA, the Razer is just about the only weapon I use anymore- unless it is a strange situation where I think I will be guarding a point or hunting a specific person in a specific location where I will go for a shotgun.
  11. Izriul

The only people to actually KNOW what is under performing is the developers themselves. Their the only ones with the full list of statistics on an up-to-date basis and anything else from the public is pretty much speculation from unreliable, usually some what out of date and never the full story shown statistics.

Now, I won't speak for the ACX as it's personally a gun I've not used, but if the current trend is anything to go buy, there's always a hell of a lot of exaggeration with NC as they constantly complain about guns I have used and it's always the same.

To be fair however, I don't see adding an extra 5 rounds to be a problem, though adding velocity on top is going overboard, another current trend with the game where baby steps need to be taken and not slapping everything on.

With all that said, I would think that SoE (and I would certainly hope as it would be a real lack of experience not to) use a stat budget on their weapons, where each weapon is allocated a certain amount of points. Obviously damage per bullet takes up a large portion of those, though I'm just guessing) and if there's actually something wrong with the weapon, then it NEEDS to lose something instead of just giving it on top because no matter how weak you think the weapon is, it would be unfair to give a weapon more allocated points than another.

Fact is, NC get a variety of weapons and the only one with access to high damage per shot, these should be nothing but a sidegrade and a choice, not leaps and bounds ahead of the others. If the weapon was REALLY under performing so bad then SoE would have buffed it, or will get round to buffing it. Their not going to purposely leave things **** since that isn't good business sense, and we all know just how much SoE like monies.
  12. Aegie

So, you admit not to knowing the ACX-11 because you have never used it and then in the very next sentence claim to know it well enough to claim that adding velocity would be going overboard?

Fact is, of the 27 highest damage per shot weapons- 8 are NC, 8 are TR, and 9 are VS. Granted, most of these are sniper rifles but it still means that every faction has access to high damage per shot. If we look outside of the sniper rifles, guess what, we have the Commissioner and the Underboss as the kings of high damage per shot- both NS weapons and sidearms so they are available to any faction, any class, all the time- so as TR/VS you are free to have your faction flavor on your primary and have pocket NC traits that are more NC than NC.

Forgive me for not having a lot faith in SOE when it comes to these kinds of things- case in point, all through tech test, alpha, beta and then for 4+ months after official release we had flinch values that were equal for every projectile such that high ROF>>> low ROF always. A smart elementary student could explain why that kind of flinch was bone headed and yet for more than 1/3 of the games existence they were there and people were forced to play with them. Moreover, many of the arguments you make above are very similar to the ones made all over the forums when this issue was exposed and gained attention.
    • Up x 3
  13. Dinapuff

Just make it 30 rounds. After all the god saw has 100 rounds and 200 damage. That is the type of weapon i wanted with the AC-X and the Reaper but they both have too low ammo capacity.
  14. Aegie

Perhaps, but to be honest I have had very little trouble with the Trac-5+foregrip at the same ranges I use the Razer.
  15. Aegie

I'm not so sure about that going over too well because it would put the damage per mag above a lot of other similar options. We certainly would not be able to argue for an increase in projectile velocity if we had 30 in the mag and personally I would much prefer 25 rounds and better velocity than just 30 rounds.
    • Up x 1
  16. JonboyX

Sounds like an opportunity to broaden your horizons I'd say! ;)
    It's quite a cheap gun; 250 certs iirc? Maybe half that; can't remember.

It was a good gun, right up until everyone starting wearing NW2/3/4 rather than flak. So - up until Christmas 2012.
    If you've a mediocre accuracy level with carbines, like I have, at about 20-25% - then an extra two to three bullets makes a big difference. For a niche gun, and it is niche, it ironically has a bad complement of stats...

Long range carbine:
    Slow ROF I get. High Damage per shot I get. Bad ADS movement penalty I get. Bad hipfire I get.
    Low clip size I don't get. Low bullet velocity I don't get. Even recoil is iffy; it shouldn't kick so much until maybe shots 5-6.

I'd suggest a higher flinch imposition.. but having been on the receiving end of this kind of thing at launch, it was just annoying and spoiled fights. Scratch that.
  17. Aegie

I'm a little confused- Christmas 2012 we still had flinch values that were equal for every projectile regardless of damage per shot and it made the ACX-11 pure garbage. It only became sub par when they fixed flinch but I still will not go back to it now that I unlocked the Razer- I still kick myself not for unlocking the Razer first.

For the most part, I agree. Although, I understand having lower mag size from a damage per magazine perspective but 20 is too low and places it far in last place in this regard. 25 would still leave it just behind the 167 30 round and still far behind the 143 40 round options. 30 in the mag would place it clearly above the 167 30 round options and even a bit above the 143 40 round options so I think that is a no go.

The low bullet velocity issue, I agree, is a real mystery. Why would you make a weapon that has every stat geared towards being competitive only at longer ranges and then neuter one of the most important stats for engaging at this range?
  18. lilleAllan

As it is now, the ACX-11 is completely unattractive to me.
    Terrible velocity, small clip, heavy recoil and bad moving accuracy.
    Add to that a greater ttk disadvantage vs nanoweave enemies.

All that for one less bullet to kill. I'll take the Razor instead.
    • Up x 3
  19. DashRendar

Use the damn thing. You know me, look how I'm defending NC infantry combat and turning down buffs for general performance while simultaneously saying these 20 shot weapons are horrible. Really terrible at this stage of the game and unacceptable. The SAW is the best of them by a good margin no doubt, more or less in a good place, but as you go down the line LMG>AR>Carbine, they get genuinely bad, then terrible. You have to use them extensively to really see how bad they are. You'll find yourself playing defensively and will lose most straight up gunfights at any range due to either gun balance or Nanoweave or whatever. The AC-X11 is only 250 certs, so unlock it and use it before you weigh in on a balance thread saying it needs something taken away from it to justify a buff.
    • Up x 2
  20. Izriul

I don't need to use it, for 2 reasons, as I've stated both in my post which you seem to deliberately have selective reading on. One: I've used many NC weapons, which according to this forum, are extremely broken!!!1! When their not. Why would be it be different for this weapon? and two, as I said, if any developer were serious about balancing, they would use a stat budget. Certain things within that budget cost more than others (Damage + RoF for example might hold a higher weight than CoF - A guess, I wouldn't know what stats weight what, but as an example). You buff one thing, you need to keep within the budget range, thus, removing another. Also, on a sidenote to this, Yes, you DON'T throw everything on it, it's called over buffing. You do it gradually, in baby steps - if you wanted balance you would accept that, if you just wanted an easymode weapon, then sure, you'd want it all.

This forum does nothing but exaggerate, how can things ever been taken seriously when you got the loudest shouting members constantly trying to make themselves sound worse than they actually are (Dash for example stating how the VG is the lowest DPS MBT - it's not, or we got hicks and stew making a whine thread a day) Another thing the forum does, especially NC, is constantly compare to the best faction in that specific class, and if it isn't equal to, or better than, everythings completely broken, selectively forgetting that there's 3 factions, and what's often the case, isn't even last in the area, just not as good as (usually) TR.

Also using arguments such as sniper rifles being the highest damage per shot is clutching at straws. For a start, their SNIPER RIFLES, and secondly, their all equal across factions, or do you want VS to get no bullet drop on them? Also NS weapons just don't count because some also share traits of other factions, that's the whole point of them.

Still, unless you want to openly state that you think that NC should get a higher stat budget than everyone else, or that you have ALL the facts, figures and statistics, there's not really an argument.