5 Auraxiams on same weapon type is way too high

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Liberty

It was funny while using them, rather than your typical rage tells, I actually had quite a few saying something along the lines of "Wow, never been killed by that before" or *hangs head in shame* after I beat some dude in a 5 M hipfire match with the GD7-F.
    [IMG]

8 Per class would have been hilarious though, I'm secretly hoping they eventually gate some silly reward behind finishing all weapons for a class.
  2. SeanFree

Yeah I'm not as far into it as you obviously but I'm making that my goal as well...I'm saving the Gauss Burst though because....burst. I remember running into Fleisch with his Burst and I just thought, poor masochist lol.
  3. Zimmerit

ppl have to be honeset 5 auraxium are really too much, you have to walk in the shoes of player begin to play lately (with all the involve in that , play different class/weapon for curiosity etc...)... you say directives is not for new ( i think for new you intend 1 year player too^^) , i think 3 aurax would be the same not for new but less discouraged.
  4. Axehilt

Definitely a good idea for one reward to be accessible to 80% of the playerbase. But on the whole the point of these sorts of systems is to provide extreme long-term goals for players to reach, so they shouldn't generally come down that much.

In fact if there's not an uber achievement that binds them all together (auraxium 5 of the new Auraxium weapons), that would be a mistake too.

So I'd say that for one reward you shouldn't even have to auraxium anything, but the rest should remain quite time-consuming, and one should be ultra time-consuming.
  5. Axehilt

Yeah, Gauss and TRAC-5 burst weapons felt underpowered to me when I tried them. But the Solstice Burst did too and eventually I discovered it's a fairly competitive weapon, so maybe it'll turn out that way with Gauss and TRAC-5 too, if I eventually get around to giving them a solid chance.

Burst weapons definitely aren't universally bad if we lump in SABR-13 with them. That weapon is ridiculously good.
  6. hdup71

Nice photoshop-work, buddy ^^

No really, between how many people is this account shared?
  7. BeckerDerBro

You should look at Jalamazz' Youtube Channel. His Directives probably look like this as well.

Btw. Since the Directive update went live I auraxiumed 3 Carbines, just to get my Trac Shot. It's not that hard.
    And I also think that these weapons is not something you should really grind for (even though I did it but still).
    It's more like a reward for players that are experienced and play the game for a longer period of time.
    This wouldn't be a good reward if everyone would be able to easily get it.