5 Auraxiams on same weapon type is way too high

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by minhalexus, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Maljas23

You're speaking for the playerbase when you shouldn't though. It's a different story if you're just talking about yourself. I won't speak for the whole playerbase, but I feel that a mass majority of these objectives are fairly easy to complete if you spend time on actually doing so. The rewards are nothing but side-grades anyway, so it isn't like you HAVE to do them.
    • Up x 1
  2. SeanFree

So I said:
    They should have lower tier, lesser rewards. That would be really cool. But the high tier stuff should be difficult to get or else there's literally no point in it. Everyone having something that's exclusive means it's not actually exclusive.
    • Up x 2
  3. minhalexus

Well let me know how many players who are below BR60 actually got a rewards from the directives. (not talking about alts of BR100)
    Based on my experience in Planetside 2, most of the people I come across are usually below BR60.

All in all, the whole point of directive system should be to encourage players into playing more.
    But this is just frustrating or impossible for most players.

Yes, hopefully they will improve it in the future, but it's pretty disappointing at the moment.
    • Up x 1
  4. Taemien

Touche, especially if you weren't of the Sebilisian persuasion.
  5. SeanFree

I literally just said they should get small rewards for low tiers. Plus, 5 Auraxiums isn't that bad if you "main" a class. Look at me, my K/D is 1 and I'm BR72 yet I have 5 carbine Auraxiums. If people have a bunch of spread out weapon classes then they're already farther than me on said classes. It's not a crazy imbalanced problem, it would be nice for small rewards to come out for lower tiers if people are willing to quit because they haven't grinded for "endgame" things then they don't like the game much anyway.
  6. Latrodectus

FUN FACT: I shot down a Galaxy with 5 people in it and didn't get a single kill towards my launcher directive.

SO ONLY ROCKET PRIMARY KILLS COUNT. OH WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.
    • Up x 1
  7. minhalexus

You forgot to say that you have 35 days too..............
    And your account was made about a year ago.........

And I said that the Directives just suck at the moment, since they have nothing going on for lower tiers.
  8. Tyrant103

I was excited for directives, but finding out I would need to dedicate all my gameplay to specific weapons for months to achieve the not so worthy "rewards", Put me off completely.

Challenges which involve finishing an ESF with a pistol or something like that, or falling 100 meters keeping serious challenges etc would be much more fun. Also lets first time players get in on the fun too.
  9. SeanFree

Oh my gosh, do you mean to say someone who has put a lot of time in the game has gotten a reward that's awarded to people who have grinded five Auraxiums? :O :rolleyes:
  10. minhalexus

I'm not complaining about you getting a reward lol.

I'm just saying that this directive system is pretty bad, compared to many other games.
    It is apparently not engaging at all to most players.
  11. Shanther

You basically are complaining about not getting a reward though. You may not be expressly saying it but it very much reads that way. You made a thread complaining that getting the directives is too hard and too much work for casual people. For the most part, none of the weapons are actual upgrades, they are very much sidegrades and the armors you unlock are entirely cosmedic. They are just special things for people who put the work into get them. If you don't want to put the work in to get them that is entirely fine, you are no worse off for it.
    • Up x 2
  12. SeanFree

Reality hit the nail on the head. It's a special reward that's difficult to get, if SOE wants to add in some lesser stuff for lower tiers than great but don't stick all your hopes on it as it's a special reward for people who put the time and effort in. Lowering the bar so the vast majority of the playerbase has "special items" makes it a trivial thing not worth achieving.
  13. Liam23490

Hard to get? No, anyone who sinks enough hours into the game can get it. He's saying that it takes too long to get.
  14. DevDevBooday

Exactly, I play medic a lot and Ive Auraxianed every TR assault rifle. It was nice to come on and find a shiny heavily modded assault rifle awarded to me for my dedication.
    Specially since I know its not easy to get.
    Auraxian weapons are more for the dedicated BR 100s who have completed nearly everything. They are not guns for peasants.
  15. SeanFree

You can play for hours and hours and not kill a darn thing. Pretending that Auraxiuming 5 weapons is easy is absurd, it can't be that bad if you can do it before you're 50% of the way to BR100 for one weapon class so it's also not too hard. If people think it's too much, just DON'T FREAKING DO IT! It's not like the guns are any better than what you can get anyway.
  16. Shanther

Like it should be. They are something you have to work for. I know people close to BR100 who have 1 or less Auraxiums. On the flip side I know people close to or at BR100 who have a ton of Auraxiums. It all depends on the player and their ability to kill. Say it with me now, they are a reward for your work.
  17. TorigomaSET

5 is not High at all. If you don't have enough Medals, its not because its hard to get. Its because you are jumping around in what class/weapon/setup you are using.
  18. TheKhopesh

That's funny, on NC they don't count the Hawk (AA lock) or Crow (AG lock) rocket launchers for the final tier.
    They count up to the gold tier, but not the last one.
    We have to Auraxium the Shrike, Phoenix, Deci, and Annihilator.

No choices, there are only 4 that count on the last level, so even if we have +1,160 kills on the AA and AG launchers, we don't get credit for it on the final level (The one that really matters!).
  19. TheKhopesh

Drop every list by 1 Auraxium (Four is plenty tough IMO) and give credit to both fields for "Exceptional" weapons.

By giving credit to both fields for "Exceptional" weapons, let me explain:
    I have Auraxium on the NS-11 Platinum.
    Because this weapon is both an Assault Rifle and under the Exceptional tab, it should count as an Auraxium for both the Assault Rifle tab and the Exceptional tab.
    After all, it is indeed an AR, and I feel we should get credit for all the respective standard weapon fields for "Exceptional" weapons.
    (This also serves as an incentive to use these weapons, because they would grant more for your effort. As well, it would increase the sales, and with it income for PS2; and help support the game at no extra cost for SOE. A win-win for both the business and their customers!)
  20. furrywaffle

I've been playing casually since open beta, I'm reaching aurux on 2 weapons now.