0.75 ADS in a Abomination that should have never exist.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scr1nRusher

oh you poor soul, soon you will learn like us PC guys have.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

Most people ADS, very few hipfire.
  3. Scr1nRusher

Its not even forumside focused

Take a look at the actual gameplay & gunplay more critically & objectively.
  4. Scr1nRusher

JudgeNu,

They are trying to Ad Hominen now.

Which is somewhat funny,because thats what they usual do when people bring up 0.75 ADS.
  5. ColonelChingles

We need to take a step back and figure out what ADS multipliers even are.

Looking at the weapon descriptions, it would seem like weight is the main reason why LMGs like the Orion get a 0.75x ADS multiplier:

But then if it is a matter of weight, does a "lightweight" LMG like the Orion really weigh less than a "normal" carbine like the Solstice? I mean in order for it to make any sense, that the Solstice has a 0.5x multiplier instead of the Orion's 0.75x multiplier, the Orion LMG would have to be lighter than the Solstice carbine.

Let's consider a "lightweight" LMG of our era, the M27 IAR. Weighs 7.9 pounds unloaded, which of course is much lighter than any heavier LMG.

But the same weapon in a carbine configuration, the HK416C, only weighs 6.5 pounds unloaded... about 18% lighter than the LMG.

So we see that even "lightweight" LMGs are still significantly heavier than normal carbines... which by PS2 logic would mean that "lightweight" LMGs should still have a worse ADS multiplier than normal carbines.

Additionally, why does weight even really become a thing only when ADSing? Shouldn't the weight of a weapon slow you down about as much when you have it at your side or on your back? I would imagine that someone armed with only a SMG could run more quickly than someone armed with a LMG (and a rocket launcher to boot), regardless of whether their weapon is raised or not.

PS2 should change this by basing movement multipliers (not just ADS multipliers) on what weapons a person is carrying (not what's in their hands). "Lightweight" weapons like the Orion will have a better movement multiplier within it's own weapon class, but would not be better for movement than a whole class of lighter weapons (carbines or SMGs for example). Weapons would also have a cumulative penalty, so a person carrying both a sidearm and a assault rifle would feel the movement penalties of both (and someone carrying a LMG, sidearm and rocket launcher would probably be crawling about). Of course throw in an option so that people can choose to carry nothing within a slot to avoid the movement penalty if they so choose.
    • Up x 1
  6. Rhumald

This sounds something like how PS1 may have done it.

The numbers you need are in my post, here:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...d-have-never-exist.217307/page-3#post-3131892

Which I swiped from reddit. reddit post is linked in my post. Shaql was the ultimate provider of that information.

I believe the game devs, knowing you must carry a weapon unless you have an ability that locks it away, have decided instread to focus on what mechanics would make those weapons feel fun on an individual level. Given that you are made entirely out of nanites, and humans have reached top speeds of 44.1604 KPH to date, and nanites allow for perfect bodies/conditioning, I would assume there is already a significant reduction in speed due to the equipment everyone carries, and any additional weight from a weapon, constructed out of thin air from what I would assume is some sort of nanite reserve, is largely unnoticed. That means the only factor used to determine ADS is how easy the weapon is designed to maneuver.
    • Up x 1
  7. Ballto21

You should have no more trouble tracking a 0.75 heavy with an orion than one with an smg or shotgun. Or no more than any class with an SMG or shotgun. Or anyone using any NS weapon, which all have 0.75 ADS. It does not negate the HA shield move reduction, it only helps it.

If you have that much trouble tracking a 0.75 ADS player then i must be an even worse exploiter since i primarily hipfire and move at 100% move speed strafing.
  8. Scr1nRusher

That whole post is like damage control.

Also with this line:

"It does not negate the HA shield move reduction, it only helps it."

Who are you trying to fool?
  9. Ballto21

it could have something to do with balancing. From a realism aspect, lightweight things balanced to hold can feel lighter than they actually are, like swords for example. Well balanced swords can be swung faster and more accurately than poorly balanced swords of the same length. Or, since the VS use plasma weaponry, the technology put into most of their weapons could be very heavy. Have you ever picked up a standard 6v battery? theyre decently heavy, never fired a gun before irl but i would assume they weigh about as much as a standard magazine. Combined with all the coils and combobulators and discombobulators and thingamajigs in VS weapons, many could weigh more or just as much as standard chemical propulsion firearms. Looking at the Zenith description it says it uses crystalline structures to make it lighter in weight, so it could just be the materials used to propulse the plasma.
  10. Ballto21

you would move only 25% faster with a 0.75 ads weapon compared to a heavy with a 0.5, you are still slowed, and if youre hipfiring you move at 50% faster. Are hipfire primary players exploiters?
  11. RadarX

This thread seems to have gone about as far as it needs to. We can certainly appreciate both points of view on ADS but let's try and keep discussion constructive.
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.