0.75 ADS in a Abomination that should have never exist.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scr1nRusher

Someone has to say it & you shouldn't be afraid of saying it. I'm sick & tired of this & it for that matter.

Its a awful smear on such good gunplay this game has.

Let me go over why 0.75 ADS is such a screw up.

1) It negates the HA shield movement speed penalty.

The balance problems it creates(negating a important downside to this ability) should speak for itself. Its like the shield was never turned on.

2) 0.75 ADS weapons are balanced factoring in the ADS speed.

This means the weapons that have them are messed up balance wise, either they are lacking in some areas or are lack luster in others. Basically 0.75 ADS makes weapons that have it underpar or have issues, because they are mostly balanced around the 0.75 ADS itself. In some cases the 0.75 ADS actually imbalances weapons and makes them OP or stronger then what they actually are.

3) Messes with the Hitboxes when Strafing.

I can't stress this enough. You can actually screw with Your hitbox if you strafe/strafe move with a 0.75 ADS weapon. You can actually dodge bullets and avoid taking damage & move faster then people can ADS aim.

THIS IS A MASSIVE PROBLEM.

In a game like this with so many problematic factors(such as Clientside,lag,Hotboxes, rendering etc, you get the point), How has SOE/DBG not figured out this 0.75 ADS strafe speed is problematic?

Its a cluster of messed up & messing things up.

4) It caters to a small group/demographic of players who abuse the aspect(and ferociously protect/defend it because they know its broken) under the guise of it being "competitive/elite", and that is the sole reason why its still around.

The Funniest & saddest part is those guys end up leaving the game over time anyways, So they are keeping the 0.75 ADS around, for a group that could care zip,zero & nada about the games future or well being & is just staying around to farm with what ever "OP" or Flavor of the month(s)/year(s) farming machine.

Its frustrating,its taboo to talk about without getting criticized & I've had it.

0.75 ADS & what it does to this games gunplay and weapons is worse then some of the indie FPS's I've played over the years. Its embarrassing.

All this needs to be said & something needs to be done.

The 0.75 ADS monster needs to be dealt with for good, if it isn't then the gunplay with continue to have problems & the balance team(or whats left of it) will continue to look and seem incompetent.

Want to start making the Gunplay/FPS aspect of this game better? Remove 0.75 ADS completely.

Don't be afraid to talk about 0.75 ADS, Its a problem & those who use 0.75 ADS weapons know this & abuse it for that reason.
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

I don't care how "controversial" or "Taboo" this topic is.

ITS THE TRUTH.
  3. NinjaTurtle

As an NC main I do not care
    • Up x 5
  4. Leer

First I've read about the hit box disappearing due to a ADSing on a gun with .75. That is a pretty specific bug. The rest of the points are part wrong and part not looking at the entire weapons, faction, damage, clip size, bullet velocity, class, armor type, range, etc, etc in the entire game.

There is no controversy, it is balanced as it is.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

None of my points are wrong and if you notice I wasn't targeting empire,weapon etc.

I got right to the point & right to the problem(s).

0.75 ADS is the exact opposite of balanced, doesn't take alot of thinking to see that.
  6. Leer

This is just going to spiral down so I'll leave you to rant about things you think you see in game.
  7. Lord_Avatar

Well someone just got ADAD'd... :D
    • Up x 1
  8. Scr1nRusher

I'm not Ranting what so ever.

You know & I know it, 0.75 ADS causes problems.

And "think you see"? lol, now that is funny.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Focus on the message, not the messenger.

At the end of the day, in a FPS.......

The one who shoots the best should win, not the one who can strafe(or side to side or strafe walk) the best in the engagement.
  10. JudgeNu

I just watched a video recently commenting on whether Vanu was OP or not.

Specifically bringing up the 0.75 ADS, that is was an advantage but negated somewhat by the "downside" of the shield.
    No specific numbers were given as to the extent of said negation.
    100%?
    90%?
    80%? =20% ADS boost when shielded

However, as stated by OP the downside to the Shielded ADS is negated by the 0.75 ADS
    100%?
    90%?
    80%? =20% ADS boost when shielded?

I could be wrong with my Math assumptions, but it seems there is no downside to the shield when using the 0.75 ADS.
    Only an advantage.
    Hence its popularity?
    • Up x 1
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

The Orion, Betelgeuse, and SVA-88 are as fine as shotguns and grenades on a MAX.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Take the 0.75 ADS speed off & they would/are good weapons generally speaking.

As I said in the OP, 0.75 ADS is a limiting factor & in some cases a over increaser.
  13. The Rogue Wolf

Wouldn't "the one who shoots the best" be the one who best compensates for the enemy's movement?
    • Up x 1
  14. Scr1nRusher

Bingo.

This causes balance issues with the HA class aswell.

The Shield is normally fine,because they move slower.

with a 0.75 ADS gun...... All I have to say is "What shield speed penalty?".
  15. Scr1nRusher

True, but theres a difference between movement(regular strafing/movement) & "I can completely make most of your shots not even matter due to clientside & shifting my hitbox around."
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

You're delusional.
  17. _itg

0.75x ADS isn't inherently broken. No one complains about it at all on non-HA classes, and no one complains that the NS-15M is overpowered, since it gives up so much DPS for the extra strafe speed. I think it's better to keep the discussion to the specific 0.75x ADS weapons that people commonly complain about: Orion, SVA-88, SMGs on HA (Cyclone in particular), and shotguns on HA. Of course, the ADS multiplier isn't the reason people get frustrated with shotguns, so we can probably save them for a different discussion.
  18. Scr1nRusher

No I am correct.

Separate the Weapon itself from the Strafe speed.

Are the Orion,SVA-88 & BG good weapons? Yes.

Is it due to the strafe speed or the weapons traits? That is something to be talked about.

What happens if you take the 0.75 ADS off? They are still going to be good weapons that people will use.

0.75 ADS messes up the equal playing field & causes balance issues in the gun game.
  19. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS is a problematic thing overall, it just is more noticeable on the HA class due to its relationship negating the HA shield move speed penalty.

The game would be better overall if 0.75 ADS didn't exist in the first place.
  20. mcnugget

0.75 ads would have been a nice feature if only maybe LA had it? maybe not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.