0.75 ADS in a Abomination that should have never exist.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Mar 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scr1nRusher

It seems like your part of number 4
  2. Scr1nRusher

Looks like my thread is trying to get pushed under the rug.

Exactly as I said it might try to be in the OP.

Really folks, think for yourself and understand the problems.
  3. Rhumald

Heavies have shields. They pop them when they're in trouble, not to give them an advantage in ADS combat (which really only occurs at range, where I, as an infil, wreck them regularly). It doesn't matter which weapon they use, the Shield will give them a %25 all round movement penalty.

From what I understand, despite you complaining about 0.75 ADS, you're only attacking the advantage it gives a single class (an advantage, I'll remind you, is intentional, and granted to every class equally). I can only assume you actually take issue with the fact that HAs have shields, and that is, quite frankly, the only reason right now you could define them as a heavy assault.
  4. Liberty

If 0.75 move speed was actually an issue you'd hear people complaining about the TAR, Carnage AR, HV-45, NS-11a/c, LC3 Jag, Zenith VX-5, AF-4 Bandit, NS-15, literally any shotgun or SMG (as heavies can equip both and often times get away with a 1.0 move speed rather than 0.75 because the CoF is so tight.

When I read a post about 0.75 ADS and the first thing they mention is "Orion" (or Battlegoose) you know right away they are just a bad player looking to complain about getting beat by someone.

If you can't beat a 0.75 ADS heavy because they are too much of a pure warper what chance do you ever hope to even hitting a hipfiring SMG LA that will have full strafe speed or a 0.75 ADS medic, how does your brain even attempt to follow those movements if a slowed by overshield heavy already blows your mind.

Considering we have plenty of hipfire weapons, 0.75 ADS complaints really are just a giant L2P issue and while it is sad to use that to sweep arguments under the rug in this case it is actually fitting because there is an even faster option players have to deal with.
    • Up x 4
  5. Scr1nRusher

Take a step back and actually think about things.
  6. Scr1nRusher

Won't even think for yourself. Just going with the flow.

Heaven forbid you question & debate 0.75 ADS.
  7. JudgeNu

I am not finding any of the arguments against OP compelling or on point.

Observer and occasional Inquirer.

~DdolBlock*
    • Up x 1
  8. wrenched

Based on dasanfall stats:

1. HA LMGs are the most used weapons
    2. The Orion has highest K/D and highest equal DPS
    3. The NS LMG has the second highest DPS and the lowest DPS
    4. The Gauss and CARV have significantly lower K/D although their other stats are better than the NS LMG
    5. The Orion and NS both have 0.75x ADS

You could conclude that 0.75x ADS on HA translates into 15% (NS) to 37% (VS) increased kills per death.
    • Up x 1
  9. Devrailis

No, I just don't believe it is an important issue.

There are plenty of important issues that Planetside 2 should focus on.

- Giving vehicles a strategic role
    - Giving bases meaningful capture rewards and hold states
    - Implementing the long promised resource revamp
    - Giving logistics a meaningful presence instead of this redeployside nonsense

But those problems are "brushed under the rug" because so much attention gets focused onto these pointless arguments instead.
    • Up x 1
  10. Foxirus

If you want to remove a benefit from a weapon, You must give it another benefit to compensate. Obviously weapons that do have the 0.75 ADS have them for one reason or another, Be it low ammo per reload, low DPS or whatever. You must give the weapons a counter benefit to offset the loss.
  11. Scr1nRusher

I see what your trying to do. Using bigger issues to then make this issue look and sound pointless.
  12. Scr1nRusher

Where did I say that I am not for that?

I'm ALL FOR THAT!!!!!

So many weapons have issues due to being balanced around 0.75 ADS its not even funny.
  13. Alzir

Can't be bothered reading this thread. The problem is the game can't cope with ADAD, and that players see Orion heavies doing this and assume it's ADS (because .75), when it's hipfire, just like NC with the GD-22S, and TR with the MSW, every smg, and every LA with a high ROF carbine....infact everyone who knows how badly the game copes with adad.
    • Up x 2
  14. Scr1nRusher

player in denial or doing misdirection?

huh, proving the #4 aswell.
  15. Rhumald

This is exactly why I've presented that information. I could see you complaining about a 0.75 ADS weapon if it was a ranged weapon, but all current 0.75 ADS weapons are close range, where that number barely if ever applies, because everyone hip fires within that distance, which grants them a solid 10.5 KPH strafe speed, or 7.875 if you are a heavy with shields active, which is the same speed a normal unit has while ADS. Again, those two numbers are regardless of weapon.
  16. Alzir

Neither, player telling the truth in a vain attempt to educate forumside.
  17. FateJH

Scr1nRusher, every thread you are in feels like you have a different crusade going, and each of them is having trouble convincing other people of your opinions. Everyone you can't convince you then attack and that does a worse job of convincing anyone of anything. You're so determined that you're right about everything, that the thought people might actually not mind what you find complaint-worthy is offensive for you.
    Out of all the quirky personalities on this forum, you need an intervention moreso than anyone else right now.
    At this rate, you're going to burn yourself out.
  18. JudgeNu

Oooo, an attack on his mental health!
    This is getting good.

Still no good counter argument though.
    Talk about strafing around point.
    OP.

Observer and Occasional Inquirer.

~DdolBlock*
    • Up x 1
  19. BIllyGG

when I play my VS Orion I barely barely lose 1v1. There are reasons for this

and the .75ADS is just one of the reasons
  20. Egore

I've been playing on the PS4 beta and have not noticed this at all. Seems like you need to account for strafing more.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.