☞ How to Clear Camping Scatmaxes and Base Breach Commando Style

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by s0jooman, Feb 11, 2013.

1. the pestimist

I changed the key lol
  2. Consumer

Huh. I've always considered my Heavy Assault class to be my go-to survivability and hard-hitter class. I play it the most and use it often for tanking hits by carrying three medkits along, having powerful rounds (NC) for small targets and AA rockets against all large targets.

I've always passed C4 by on Heavy Assault because the medkits seemed to core a part of how I play HA that I wouldn't trade it in for C4 unless I was planning on destroying a mineguarded Sunderer or such. I think it would definitely be refreshing and interesting to use C4 more on my Heavy Assault to combine its survivability from the NMG for a more offensive slant.

Thanks for the video! Excited to see how I can work with C4 trading in my jetpacks for a rocket launcher and shield.
  3. PyroPaul

After watching the video.
    • Uses TR high DPS close range weapons.
    • Jumps like a Jack Rabbit.
    • Kills a grand total of 2 MAXes.
    • Kills mostly NC who's weapons are inferior at the ranges presented.
    good job doing... nothing special.
    Do that with a NC6 Gauss SAW.
    Or as NC in general...
    • Up x 1
  4. BarxBaron

The GD7 is one of the best weapons in the entire GAME.

I'm sick of NC whinage. God.
  5. PyroPaul

the GD7-f is also a 1000 cert carbine for only 2 classes, and really only just as good as most TR carbines, but still under performs in most situations by direct comparison.

the Gauss SAW is possibly one of the worst in the game due to the current mechanics used by the game.
    Even on Paper it has the lowest of the DPS, worst CoF, Bloom, and RoF, kicks like a mule, and all around simply can not perform at any where close to any TR/VS LMG at most all ranges.

And though it comes with a whole host of attachments, the only really useful one is the advanced fore grip, as every thing else only compounds the problems of the SAW making it perform even worse so at most ranges that the other weapons excel at.
  6. Slyguy65

What would you suggest for HA

T9 carv or carv S and if S, high velocity or soft point.

Also at level 3 which would you say is the best shield.

Adrenaline seems best if you have C4 on your heavy, but if not i can't tell if nanite mesh or resist is better i wanna say resist since it seems to stay active longer.
  7. JonboyX

I watched that and just thought...

WOW.

Hipfire on TR weapons is incredible. Hop hop hop.
  8. s0jooman

The T9 carv outperforms any LMG for TTK. And the adrenaline shield is best
  9. RamataKahn

10. s0jooman

Lvlcap talks about the TMG-50 which excels on med to long range but you will actually get shredded in CQC.
    If you have extensive time and use on all of the LMGs I'd say if you want the best in each category use T32 Bull for accuracy, MSR-W for CQC, TMG-50 for long range and T16 for versatillity. T9 carv is also good for CQC and mid range but kind of lacks long range.
  11. s0jooman

resist is only good in combination with nanoweave armor maxed out and which is good in infantry only fights...
  12. Slyguy65

What do you use with adrenaline then?

Also how would adrenaline also not be good for only infantry fights?

Also you are saying the carv is better than carv S? Even though carv S has ammo upgrades?

BTW you never mentioned which was best soft point or high velocity...ive heard conflicting thoughts as to which is best.

TBH i think soft point is best for TR since we have crazy CoF which makes ranged battles silly.
  13. Zeathiuk

Dude, make one for Medic.
  14. s0jooman

Adrenaline + flak armor is incredible you can downright survive rocketpod salvos and lashers. Also with adrenaline shield you can turn it on right before you fall to not take fall dmg (has to be a reasonable height tho...). Carv S is Carv **** it was nerfed. Ammo upgrades are all bad dont ever use soft point ammo it has a huge dmg falloff rate for like 5m extra more killing dmg. High velocity is decent tho for long range if you plan to find yourself playing in the back alot. I just use no ammo upgrades.
  15. s0jooman

I am working on one:)
  16. Slyguy65

Well thats 500 certs down...why would the make the PAID for version worse...lesser than the reg
  17. s0jooman

cuz that is what SOE is known for....
  18. warmachine1

All I see is bunnyhopping TRoll, hopefully SOE nerf it soon & nerf it hard!
  19. s0jooman

Bunny hopping: use of the jump mechanic to gain a speed advantage (CS, Quake, Unreal Tournament, to name a few use these features) In planetside 2 if you jump a consecutive number of times your movement is slowed down. Also jumping to avoid enemy fire is a legit tactic. If you cant hit a moving target such as a jumping one than yea I dont know what to tell you buddy. This crying about "bunnyhopping" is getting old even tho it is actually "jumping fast". Please keep all noob tears in one thread bucket here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/die-bunny-hoppers.93657/
  20. s0jooman

hipfire is good on any weapon if you are that close to an enemy