† GU9...this s not the game fell for...! †

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BattleDroids, May 24, 2013.

1. Venomoroth

yeah, but it is obviously for people like you - the "super smart" kind of person...
  2. BattleDroids

Problem solved til they add this lattice on the other continents.
  3. TeknoBug

Last night we had Suarva biolab and TR zerged it and SCU became critical and we were able to redeploy at the fortress outside and zerg back in and it became an hour long fight and we managed to take the base back.

If you were a PS1 vet, you would've remembered similar gameplay on Ishunder (Hanish, Baal, Dagon cluster).
    • Up x 1
  4. Jac70

These are some of the words and phrases I have heard from developers regarding the lattice

'Simpler'

'Funnel into battles'

'Easier for new players to understand'

'Force people'

'Remove choices'

None of these phrases strike me as positive ones. Seems they want to cater to the casuals and those that don't really want to think too hard. Just make everything linear, make everything simpler. Just enjoy the last few weeks before this **** goes live on all continents.
    • Up x 6
  5. St0mpy

dont worry as soon as anyone tries to play the ghost capping card to defend multilevel major game changes it just shows they have no idea what they are talking about and probably have no idea about how many complexities of the game are being lost

Why would they? most gamers have no investment other than a few hours gaming (and poking fun at someone in a forum), as long as they get their Big Battle™ experience who cares what else is lost.
  6. RasFW

If you don't like lattice and massive battles, then Planetside 2 isn't for you.
  7. Syphers

There's barely any tactic involved in zerg fights it's basically all about who spam more tanks and heavy assaults.

Of course the Devs are trying to **** things up but I dont like it personally, we had zergs and large fights but it's the smaller ones that are the most thrilling, where you can sneak up and outsmart your opponents. Lattice is basically: follow the convoy, cap stuff effortlessly until the 2 zergs clash with each others - rinse and repeat.

Hex has action all over the place and personally I never minded ghost capping, if you want to waste 7mins to cap an empty for a mere 300xp go for it bro. l o l
  8. TintaBux

That's the problem when SOE wanted to bring the COD type crown in based on their game decisions.
  9. Phrygen

esamir lattice looks amazing and much more complex than indar.
  10. BattleDroids

I can see a path here...
    They screwed up Star Wars galaxies with one Game Update so the playerbase dissapeard.
    They screwed up PS1 by adding the BFR's so the main playerbase dissapeard, but later nerfed them but to late.

Will PlanetSide 2 meet the same fate?
  11. BattleDroids

I have been trying to like the lattice so faar, but I am not convinced.
  12. Syphers

What p i m p is censored lol
  13. Syphers

And I can't edit my posts
  14. Syphers

You don't understand the whole appeal of planetside is not simply stuff blowing up everywhere you can get that in battlefield just fine, it's the open world
  15. Jube

Your right the appeal is the open world. Exactly the point the OP is trying to make. In the latest GU they have closed off most of the vehicle routes to make "funnels" to bases, thus closing off this "Open World". If your going to "Force" us into a fight why have roads at all? Just spawn us into the Bio Lab and have at it.
    The whole point is they went too far with the landscape, they could remove the ability to "Ghost cap" entirely from the game and leave the ability to have roving vehicle battles and that would be great.
    In the end those of us that want to having roving vehicle battles will find places on the map to do it.

What kinda makes me mad about this game is the constant major changes going on. My solution is not to demand anything it is simply this. I won't spend another dime on this game until it is completed. In my mind we are playing a beta and when it's complete then I will decide if it's worth my money or not.
  16. TintaBux

Not saying anything like that. What am saying is SOE brought stuff into the game to appeal to the COD/CS type crowd, they did that, so we have a mixture of PS/BF/COD/CS type players, thus the community is divided.
  17. TheDrone

Why can't we understand that different kinds of players expect different things from the game?

Why are people arguing over which should be everyone's favorite color? Why couldn't we cater to more people's tastes in stead of alienating a part of the community if we choose either?

PlanetSide 2 needs both. Both the Lattice and an improved Hex.

Hundreds of games have different game-modes. PlanetSide 2 could have two groups of continents, one with the Hex and another with the Lattice.

It will stave of the game becoming stale. It will foster variety. It will attract more people (which means more money to hire devs).

Dictatorially choosing either the Lattice or the Hex would be a loss for all of us.
  18. 13lackCats

I am saddened by the dumbing down of the game.

However, one cannot blame SOE. They are in it to make money. Who is most likely to dump the most money on hats?

Those that can only cope with linear gameplay.

Its a simple question of economics.
  19. Takoita

To people bringing out the old 'ghostcapping argument': you know that ghostcapping is still possible with the lattice, yes? Kindly shut your trap.
  20. Vanon

A strategy is having your Infaltrator hack terminals, while your lights post up on buildings and your heavy's and medic's clear the ground floor. A strategy is bringing a ton of HE tanks to an infantry battle. A strategy is taking a base when the enemy is no defending it. All are possible with the new lattice system. The old system prevents 2 guys taking a base, then 2 other guy's retaking it 5 minutes later. I think i would be in favor of some small battles over huge ones, however it's a huge strategic mistake sending a full platoon to kill half a squad of guys.

This still happens. I just did it last night with 4 guys. We took a base, hacked the terminals and turrets and harrased the enemy from behind enemy lines. The result was we killed about 10 ESF's, 2 libs, and 3 galaxy's, and had a Platoon hot drop on us. That cost them a territory, because they didn't have the numbers to defend it. That is strategy.

I like the big battles and all, and i'm not 100% sold on the new system, however if your depending on SoE to dictate strategy through gameplay, then perhaps your not very good at strategy.