† GU9...this s not the game fell for...! †

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BattleDroids, May 24, 2013.

1. Paisty

Some servers already had the 3 Platoon vs 3 Platoon and 4 Platoon vs 5 platoons fights. For the last month Waterson fought over Indar ownership ferociously.

Lastnight, which was the only night this week so far i have played, after the Indar alert Vanu had 62% Indar pop with 26% world pop. Esamir on the other hand had queues.

I'll wait a week or two to decide if I believe the lettuce is an improvement.
  2. MasonSTL

That is not a tactic. Like I said you are too lazy to find NEW tactics. I have played on parts of this map that I have never played on finding routs to flank at a base. How does that make me lazy?

Base hopping was one of the most annoying things, especially after capturing one after a 2 hour battle then seeing 3 guys hop over you and cap it in 3 minutes. It pretty much mad large battles meaningless which is not the draw of this game
  3. Macchus

LEAVE.... NOW .... YOUR NOT WELCOME HERE .....

this is far from the ps1 lattice . i like ps1 . bit im not fond of the ps2 lattice ... terrible post ... terrible post ....:eek:
  4. Macchus

thing is i hadnt noticed they added more mountains to make it even more funnely . wow thats just overdoing it imo ....
  5. Macchus

last night the indar battles were nothing . tiny pops only one major battle that wasnt major and everyone else was on the hex conts ... more proof to me than anything the lattice lover forum warriors have said that the lattice isnt loved by all ... lol :eek:
  6. BattleDroids

Then you send 3-4 guys to stop them. It have always been part of the PlanetSide to ghost cap to screw your enemy up even more.
  7. MikSchultzy

The biggest thing I dislike about lattice, is it seems I am always finding zergs. Friend or foe, zergs are boring.

It's when the two zergs find each other that make it worthwhile. That's few and far between though. :(
  8. BattleDroids

Great the SCU became critical on its own, automatic shutdown. Wheeee!

It cant be compared because the lattice in PS1 is way more complex then in PS2. If you ever played PS1 you may know what im talking about. The Lattice in PS2 is straight forward Zerg, zerg, zerg.

I remember I was flying around in my invisible Phantom hacking the crap out of the vanus vehicles before i either armed it or deconstructed it and flew away and the driver/gunners looking everywhere for me.
  9. maxkeiser

I've given the lattice a real chance - playing as vanu/NC on woodman/miller.

I still say the game is now not anywhere near as good. Lattice has removed the charm and freedom. Everything that made PS2 special is gone. Now it's just like BF3 rush (which is rubbish) except with 50+ tanks.

Almost every battle has been either (1) Zerg-roll the base and rout the enemy or (2) be zerg rolled and stand no chance.

There has been no contrast, Every battle is just a mess of people running around shooting and 50+ tanks jamming up the road.

And due to the restrictions of the lattice, you can (if you want) effectively defend bases all day. I sat in Dahaka last night with some other guys and was still sitting in it 3 hrs laters - repelling TR attack after TR attack.

Ok, fun for a while but in the end very tedious - and with no real option for the enemy.

I think the way forward lies with an updated/enhanced HEX system. I hope the lattice is removed.
    • Up x 1
  10. Zar

also part of game play to have big battles ive seen more big battles in the last 3 days then ive seen in 4 months before gu9
  11. MasonSTL

I just don't understand how ghost capping could be fun. If you and like two of your buddies really want to screw things up in this system, go infiltrator. Do some actual sneaking (not hopping in a ESF) behind enemy lines. If you do some proper planning you guys can hack a terminal at a territory behind enemy lines, pull a sundy. Thus creating a spawn point behind the front, similar to hex ghost capping, and if coordinated with another platoon they can pull armor and crush an enemy with little to no shooting on your part.
  12. maxkeiser

Which server? There were far bigger battles at release and even recently on woodman/miller.
  13. Zar

Connery been pretty awsome the last few days thusday -sunday "last day i played" has been nothing but massive battles.
  14. rayvon

Just because you join the zerg because you cant think of any decent tactics does not mean that all of us are in the same boat.
  15. Vanus Aran

I will have you in a cage of lattice where you belong and then I will be happy.
    Leave my Indar alone. For Hossin I dont know but I dont see your stamp there.

I have my own solution: 2 continent-version on each server. Lattice one's and Normal one's.
    Alerts count for both versions of the continent in question. Have a nice day.
  16. Vanus Aran

And since you have not told us this tactics, I should report your post for trolling?
    No seriously, explain yourself or say nothing at all.

But even so... every step away from Freedom of choice is a bad one.
    The gameplayfeeling is a complete joke compared to what it was before.
  17. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 1