† GU9...this s not the game fell for...! †

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BattleDroids, May 24, 2013.

1. phreec

Wait... You're serious? o_O
  2. Cryptek

you will not be missed
  3. BattleDroids

I could not care **** about the K/D and never will. It was not needed in PS1 and still isnt. Im guessing the only reason its in the game is because of the COD and BF3 players.
  4. BattleDroids

u 2 <3
  5. BattleDroids

I dont want smaller battles, infact we now often capturing the whole north indar without a single fight til we hit their warpgate when a huge zerg comes and wipes us out because they have the biggest population. What is balanced with this? Biggest population wins. Big battle on a tiny road that leads to certain death.
  6. BattleDroids

What can I say, a vanu player. Easyest faction to play...
  7. BattleDroids

Its a part of the gameplay to not make it so darn linear...
  8. Venomoroth

This is total bs mate. The author just told us what he things about it and to a certain extent i can understand his mood about this new update. Sure, SOE fixed/changed alot of things in a better way BUT the missing of the shield generators for the SCU disables big parts of gameplay and strategies. As I have noticed so far, battles for biolabs feel like FFA CoD games now, it's really pretty bad. Another point is that this "SCU disables at 75% capture" thing does not work at all. I guess SOE wanted to ensure longer battles and less waiting time until the area turns over to your faction but that does not happen. What happens is this:

Attack the Biolab, take all points without any strtegic organization or chance to defend them and then WAIT FOR 10 DAMN MINUTES WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING.

In my opinion it should by like this: There should be an shield generator for the scu as it was before, if you destroy it you can overload the scu (as before) and if you manage to prevent new spawning/attacking the biolab there's a countdown of ->1<- minute and the lab is yours. SOE always tries to do something against the spawn camping, but this spawn camping only takes place cause defenders can fire through a safety shield for 10 minutes without having any losses but on the same hand having no chance to get the area back. that's what FORCES spawn camping on both sides and it is ****.
  9. BattleDroids

C
    Cause this will be implemented to every continent in the end.

Its not about ghosthacking. If we are being ghost hacked we just have to change plan of battle.
  10. BattleDroids

To lazy to find new tactics? How can you say that? If we were being backhacked I where forced to come up with a new plan to stop this hack. I think your the one who is to lazy to even care about tactics because all you can do now is Zerg. And that my friend is why we got leaders, that is now set to side.
  11. BattleDroids

Yep, neither will you ;) ty.
  12. Copasetic

In my opinion you should just get the XP for capping the base no matter where you are. It would work something like this:

Capture XP = min( (mxp / bxp) * 10000 + (mtime / btime) * 10000, max_xp )

Where mxp is the amount of XP you earned in that hex during the capture process
    bxp is some constant that SOE chooses, say 5000, which means if you earned 2500 XP during the fight you get 5000 XP for the capture when it goes through
    mtime is the time you spent in the hex during the capture and btime is the total capture time for the hex
    max_xp is some maximum amount of XP that each base can give, like 10,000 for a large facility.

What all that means is if you spend 4 minutes in an intense fight at a biolab, earning lots of XP, you'll be able to leave and do something else and still get the capture XP when the capture finally goes through, regardless of where you are on the map. If you arrived late and missed the fight you'd hardly get any capture XP, unless you sit there for the rest of the capture time defending the points (this is where the mtime/btime part comes in). Regardless of what you do you can never earn more than max_xp XP for the capture.

Ex. I earn 2000 XP during the fight for a biolab and spend 4 minutes in the hex before leaving. I would get

min( (2000 / 5000) * 10000 + (4 / 10) * 10000, 10000) = min( 4000 + 4000, 10,000) = 8000 XP when the cap finishes

I earn 0 XP during the fight because I came late but spend 6 minutes standing around defending the capture points, even though the base is empty, I would get

min( 0 + (6 / 10) * 10000, 1000) = 6000 XP

If I just turn up with 20 seconds left on the capture I'd get basically nothing, which is how it should be.

Fairly simple system, I'm sure they used a variation of it in Planetside 1.
  13. Mohd Faris

Cry more OP, planetside is not for you.
    • Up x 1
  14. BattleDroids

Thanks, Will do Farris.
  15. TeknoBug

... and you don't like the lattice system?

What?
  16. BattleDroids

Have already answered someone else about this. First page.
  17. LoupCobalt

I think he's quite right, actually. No more SCU to hack or to protect, less freedom, less tactics. Now it seems that you just need to follow the "train" of tanks and see what happens. I'm a bit worried about the future of this game if the lattice system becomes the only way to play it. I think they should keep the "old" system on the other continents.
  18. Tamas

Go play on Esamir or Amerish, problem solved.
  19. TheDrone

It's obvious from reading the discussions back and forth about which system is better that different people want different things from this game.

And I say, why not?
    The Lattice offers a certain experience which is valid in itself. The Hex, when improved upon, could offer its own experience.
    People have different ideas of what they expect from battle-flow and strategy or tactics.
    There is nothing wrong with people having different tastes.

• In EVE you have Empire space and Nulsec, each with their own rules and appeal. Both make EVE as a whole more appealing to more types of players.
    • Capture The Flag and Team Deathmatch can both exist in the same FPS.
    • Some people like dungeon-running, other people like questing. And a third group likes to do both.
    • Some people like survival mode in Minecraft, other people like to just build stuff in creative mode.
    Lots of games have different game-modes, all of which took development time. Some are more popular than others, but that doesn't mean there should only be one.

We have three continents. Why not keep one a Hex continent and use the developers previously working on figuring out the rules of the Lattice to improve upon the Hex until it no longer has the flaws it now has.

Everyone will benefit from this.
    There will be more types of people attracted to the game, therefore more players, more payers and thus more money to pay for devs.
    There will be more content overall. The odds will be smaller for the game to turn stale. Fatigue will be lessened due to diversity.

Now, yes, there are bound to be some practical considerations. But there were practical considerations inherent to switching from the hex to the lattice. Yet people realized the potential and tried to push the developers to overcome these.
    So I implore you to not instantly dismiss this notion. Even tho you might not understand someone else's tastes, that doesn't mean those tastes are invalid.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...be-in-the-game-on-different-continents.128648
  20. moooosa

Played all night on Amerish. 2 person "squad." Lots and lots of action. Lots of going wherever we wanted to on the front lines. Offense and defense. Earned 662 certs. Ran beautifully.

Nothing like the past two nights getting spawn camped on Indar's overpopulated spazfit.
    • Up x 2