† GU9...this s not the game fell for...! †

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BattleDroids, May 24, 2013.

1. BattleDroids

SOE, seriously? Jokes aside...

What's going on with PlanetSide 2?! Why on earth are you removing the thing that makes PlanetSide 2 what it is / was. You have dumbed down PlanetSide 2 with your GU 9 by removing everything that has to do with tactics and strategy gameplay. Not just that, but the Indar Continent is much more linear then anything I seen, you removed numerous of side roads and to make sure people stay the f*** on the road to the next point! You also added a chain of mountain and other kind of useless elements to prevent us from driving there. And yes, the final f***up was the removal of the many of the generators and now the SCU shuts down when the hack is at 75%. You basicly dumbed the game the f**** down so even a 5 year old can understand the game. What is this? Tactics Allowed? Why dont you just program a bot to play for us and add it on the ingamestore when we aint allowed to think for ourself...! For each GU I see the game losing more and more of its charm.

Zerg, Zerg, Zerg... The team with the biggest population wins this ****.

Sincerly a Veteran Player who played PS1 for many years.
    • Up x 14
  2. Liquid23

bye
    • Up x 15
  3. Pikachu

Have lattice on Indar and Hossin and we will all be happy.
  4. CHC999

*Sarcasm mode on*

Yeah man! What the hell! Why are they catering to people who wants big fights! They should concentrate on the tiny, niche, vocal minority of ghost cappers. Ghost capping is tactical, flying ESF to an empty base to flip the point requires is a skillful profession that requires hours of practice! They should've concentrate on giving depth to ghost capping, like capping based automatically without you having to go there! Its crazy SOE denies players such FUNDAMENTAL and ENGAGING gameplay. The best time I had in Planetside 2 is sitting around an empty base waiting for 1 or 2 enemies to spawn there to recap so I can ambush them with my pump-action shotguns (which takes immense about of skills to use by the way).

Since GU09 my precious K/D has dropped below 0.8! I AM OOOOUT!

*Sarcasm mode off*

Seriously guys...o_O
    • Up x 18
  5. f0d

im still gobsmacked that people actually dont like the new systems
    not sure what to say other than go play BF3 if you wanted the smaller battles.....
    ......this patch gave us back the big battles and i love it
    • Up x 10
  6. PyroPaul

I'm sorry, but who in their right mind WANTs to go suicide endlessly against a defensive line?
    Strategy isn't about killing and dying, its about winning.

don't like that... Then i don't think a WAR based shooting game is right for you...

go back to CoD because obviously you don't want strategy, you want targets to shoot at.
    • Up x 3
  7. BengalTiger

Zerging is just as fun as ghost capping.

When population density reaches a point, there's a big @$$ stalemate unless one side really outnumbers the other one- going from one room to the next requires killing 5 enemies, and by the time they're dead, their respawning buddies take their place.

No room for maneuver, no room to seek and exploit a tactical advantage as all approaches are covered with 5 squads.

With obstacles everywhere and just 4-5 available battlefields for the 400-600 people a faction has, we get over 100 people per side- no matter if it's a Tech Plant with a dozen buildings and a battlefield over half a click across, or a farm with 2 buildings.

The lattice must have more paths- even if they all converge in the big facilities to allow funneling, there needs to be 3-4 paths to take rather than 1-2 to allow for a wide front to form naturally (or large scale war) rather than a small blob of people flocking around a small point target (or something unlike any modern war).
    • Up x 3
  8. CHC999

Still plenty of non-zerged lanes for you to be tacti-COOL around. You just angry that you cannot ghost cap bases on the other side of the continent with minimal resistance.

Anywy, whats with the Go back to CoD/BF3 tagline? Some kind of must have copy & paste text to insult someone?
    • Up x 3
  9. Damingo

Bye bye. I'm really going to miss people like you with your sunny disposition
    • Up x 3
  10. Rivenshield

Nobody. You try sniping and you die, you try going LA and leaping up into the tower and die, you try storming the footpath and die... and then, by God, you go infil and sneak in and sabotage the gate gen... and they come in and murder you halfway through and stabilize the thing, but there's about twenty of them and they left the gate towers undermanned and now you guys can get a foothold. That's FUN.

Good defense causes great battles. And great battles create epic memories. If anything, the bases need to be *more* defensible.
    • Up x 3
  11. PyroPaul

the CoD tagline is because you're obviously a foot-pounder because you think the lattice system is some sort of godsend.

conflicts which are measured over kilometers are obviously too much for you and you're demanding that every one be shuffled into the same 20 foot wide path because you're too lazy to actually go out and get into a fight on the continental level. you're probably one of the same people that complained about it being 'Vehicleside' or 'Tankside' or some other variation because it ruined your precious infantry level battles.

you obviously don't want larger scale battles... you're denouncing the hex system which made battles occur vast expanses of territory... no, you want smaller battles with more bodies because you just want more targets to shoot at.
    • Up x 2
  12. PyroPaul

i agree. good defense can cause great battles...
    and i am personally a defender myself.

but the lattice system is not a way to make people defend.

People thinking that stations are seeing more defenders popping up because of the lattice system... but that isn't the case.

People are defending large stations more because the SCU can't be overloaded until 75% attacker cap. Rather then having a free-for-all generator overload party, they've introduced Conditions for certain events to happen. That is the real solution to Ghost-capping... setting conditions for certain things to happen.
    • Up x 2
  13. Zar

id call those mild interactions the way battles used to happen was one guy would ghost cap 4-5 hexes sqaud would show up stop him and push it back... great battle >.> now battles are more battles.
  14. DjUnicorn

You can still ghostcap esamir and amerish, why are you crying?
    • Up x 2
  15. Ixidron

He's a PS1 veteran and hates lattite, then why the hell did you play PS1?
    • Up x 6
  16. MasonSTL

if you like to hop around not killing things in a first person SHOOTER go play checkers.
    • Up x 4
  17. MasonSTL

All those saying its a zerg fest, how are you having such a hard time finding a base that is not as heavily contested? And if you are going to a 1-12 with a full platoon that makes it pretty obvious that the defenders are going to drop the multiple platoon hammer on you. To me this whining is because too many people got too used to little to no competition, or because they are too damn lazy to find new tactics that work in this system.

Good riddance, leave, less ******** and moaning. More room for constructive posts.
    • Up x 2
  18. BattleDroids

I played PlanetSide 1 and it is one of the best games I know about still. Planetside 2 is dumbed down to the ground when it comes to the gameplay. The Lattice worked well because of how the continent was built up from the ground and the size of it. It had open fields, rivers, oceans and all that **** that PlanetSide 2 not yet have. In PlanetSide 2 it feels forced upon us. Example, North East of Indar and all the way down towards the South East part. How many alternative roads have been removed? Most of them! How many mountains have been set up to prevent us from going anywhere else? Quite a few, and a few holes that you cant get out of! How many heavy vehicles can you fit in some of those places side by side? At times maybe two! Its a Zerg fest nothing else. From when we used to be able to make our own decisions on where to go we are now forced in to one tiny area like a herd of sheeps.

You cant compare PlanetSide 1 with this.

In PlanetSide 1 the lattice system worked in many ways it was not only about the zerging. Each base had their own generator that you had to refill with energy in now and then with an Ant making Ant's runs to the warpgate to absorbe energy and bring it back to the base. Failing this would result in a base going neutral and could be anyones target to hack. Making that one task for a whole squad/platoon if the enemy where trying to sabotage it. Each base had an Generator where huge battles went down to either defend it against the enemy from destroying it, or to deny the enemy from repairing it to get a working base. You could hack doors to be able to get into places, control panels and even hack and steal/deconstruct enemy vehicles/planes. Place a virus in towers/sentryguns to make em shoot on their own. Heck you could even set a virus on a base that would affect the whole lattice system. You had other continents & caves that connected the diffrent continents aswell to make the fight have a different outcome. you had LLU runs, you had modules that spawned in caves that you could bring up to the surface to any of the continent you wanted it on to place it on to give you benefits that would affect the war. I could go on for much longer. So yes, PlanetSide 2 is dumbed down to the ground. You cant even compare the two games when it comes to the gameplay because PlanetSide 1 had so many diffrent tasks at the same time that made up for it.
    • Up x 1
  19. BattleDroids

....go back to Pokemon Mr. Pikachu.
  20. BattleDroids

Yes, Good Bye. Have fun :)