TR HA Which LMG do you guys like the bes

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Marcus4512, Nov 21, 2012.

1. FinalBoss

I never really liked the compensator at all. I like grabbing the suppressor because I hate showing up on the mini map. This has got me some awesome kill streaks going just from that. I do prefer to fight in close quarters though, and the suppressor will give you some noticeable bullet drop at range.
  2. RedOak

Worth it IMO.

I love the TMG-50. I think it is much better than the CARV-S at medium to long range. Beautiful bursting.
    After forward grip yes compensator on everything. I havent tried High velocity yet.

Just tested this and did not find it to be the case with CARV-S.

I tested this and did not find it to be the case.
  3. Hinkledolph

Used MWS-R all during beta and it was my fav. Got it after launch and it's much worse. So far my favorite is Carv-S.
  4. Cingal

Bough the TMG after trying that on the first day. Really nice gun, sorta regret it after buying the MSW-R today though.

Oh well, more weapons, more options.
  5. RedOak

Saw the MSW-R on flash sale and was tempted, how do you like it for medium-long range compared to the TMG?
  6. Cingal

MSW-R is definitely close range oriented.

Can put out the bullets to do damage at medium, but the TMG's burst is likely a better choice.
    • Up x 2
  7. MajorPayne00

So far I've used the Carv, TMG-50, MSW-R, and the Carv-S and I've really found myself sticking to the Carv-S just because it is so well rounded. I've found that the MSW-R definitely packs more punch for CQB but has a bit too much kick for picking off people from a distance. And the TMG-50, the exact opposite: great recoil for long range but not as great in close quarters. Once you get the foregrip and compensator for the Carv-S it just becomes such a BEAST gun at all distances.
  8. Mic7Hael

Im a Bit torn between the Carv S and the TMG-50. The Carv is just the standart LMG with two fire options?
  9. Swordlord

I switch between the TMG-50 and the AMR-66. I prefer the faster reload and slightly higher damage the TMG-50 has over the CARV, and I like the long range hitting power and accuracy of the AMR.

To be honest, though, I really do like the standard CARV with the 2x Reflex scope (or Night Vision), the compensator, and the forward grip. It's what I used in beta, so it's very familiar. :)

So far, the weapons really haven't proven to be "one is better than the other". I think SOE did a good job in making a selection of weapons to fit a person's playing style and/or the battle situation, imho.
  10. LameFox

CARV up close and TMG further out for me. I have to remind myself not to reload too often though.
  11. Swordlord

That is a bad habit I have as well. :oops:
  12. Caspartine

There aren't many games with such large magazines (and thus such long reloads). Lost count how many times I was cought with my pants down simply becasue the 60/75 in TMG-50 mag was itching me:D
    • Up x 1
  13. Dominum

I use the MSW-R with soft point for CQB and CARV for medium range engagements
  14. Cavadus

I'm not much into LMGs so I'm all about the AMR-66 and I love it. Throw on a 4X scope and you're good to go. You need some marksmanship skills to make it work, however, but I love the thing.

It's rrrreeeeeaaaalllly satisfying to headshot snipers at 200+ meters. Hell, two body shots will drop an infi most of the time, three will drop a HA if they don't pop their shield.

The gun is beast though I admit it can be a little difficult to use in CQB until you get used to it.
  15. Valkan

Looking for a medium / long range LMG, I just can't decide between the T16 and the TMG-50 :s
    I tested both and got the feeling that the T16 may be a better "well rounded / all purpose" gun while the TMG only really shines at long range ...
    In another hand, having the T9 for close quarter and switching to the TMG for long range makes sense too.
    Can't test them again, how did you guys decide between those two ?

(And apologies for my English non-fluentness :) )
  16. Havoc11

The discussion happens among many experienced players and knowledgeable players within our own forums and Team Speak, the conclusion ?

Carv-S

Why ?

Being able to match it with a Front-Grip and Compensator make it the best all-around weapon for the TR Heavy Assault player. I would not suggest anything past the Reflex 2x in magnification, I along with many others with very high fragrates (~3.0+) prefer the 1x reflex or 1x IRNV (named something else since beta).
  17. redshirt

Personally I like TMG-50. I only have the x2 reflex on it at the moment and i tend to aim down sights a lot, its pretty rubbish at hip firing compared to the CARV. If you prefer hip fire then the CARV with a laser sight is probably the ticket.
  18. Sir Lemming

TMG-50 + 3.4 optic.

Carv-S is better overall, but at long range, with the TMG I can afford long bursts (10-30 bullets) and still hit ppl quite nicely . It sucks in close combat though, if you can't score headshots.
  19. Sir Lemming

Kinda lame post, but yesterday forgot to thank the answers (FinalBoss and RedOak) on my prev questions.

And a new question:
    Anyone used a TMG-50 with high velocity bullets? How much vertical recoil is added with them?
  20. Hyllan

Around 6%-10%. It goes from 23 shots to reach it's maximum vertical recoil to 21.