TR HA Which LMG do you guys like the bes

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Marcus4512, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Marcus4512

Been playing with the MWS-R for a while and like it okay. I was wondering if any of you guys had different favorites?
  2. Hyllan

I like the medium damage weapons (between default Gauss SAW and CARV in damage), so I've been playing with the TMG-50. Unfortunately compared to it's direct competitors (Flare & Gauss Saw S have same high end damage, close or same recoil, cof, clip size, etc) it has 75 less total ammo (225 extra instead of 300), and no Soft Point Ammo or Extended Magazines. All in all I've been having a good time with it.
  3. DukeWrecker

I use the TMG-50 with a 3.4x scope, compensator, and forward grip when I'm expecting to be engaging enemies at a distance.

I go for the CARV with reflex sight, forward grip or laser sight for general purposes (i.e. I'm not sure if I'm going to be up close or far away)

And... of course... Chaingun with a laser sight when I know I'm going to be fighting up close and personal. I know it's not an LMG, but I figured I'd include it in the interest of full disclosure.
  4. Cavadus

I like the TMG-50 as well. With a compensator and forward grip you can get pretty accurate ten round bursts out to a good range.
  5. Hyllan

I just unlocked the high velocity ammo last night for the TMG-50 so I haven't had a chance to use it much yet, but I really think it'd be better suited with the soft point ammo and extended mags that the Flare and Gauss SAW S have available. That loadout served me very well with the Flare on VS during beta.
  6. DrTeeth

A question about the forward grip.. the description says it reduces horizontal recoil. However the CARV doesn't seem to have any horizontal recoil - it recoils straight up. Does the grip then do nothing, or does it have another effect that isn't documented in-game?
  7. ackerx

Horizontal recoil only happen when you are ADSing (horizontal move).
    And that's why most HA player pick up grip instead of extend mag size.
  8. Kvakva

What about T-16? In beta i liked it. Kindy trying to find the universal weapon, good at long ranges andnot too crappy and close.
  9. R3volutionist

I've been using the em6 and I love it. I have a reflex sight and a forward grip and I think it's very versatile. Very good close to mid range and serviceable at a long range although I think if your not a close range player you'll want one of the other LMG's
  10. Fightar

11. nubler

MCG+extended mag!
  12. FinalBoss

I just mentioned this weapon in another thread. Recently trialed and bought the T-16. Better than the Carv at range and almost as good in close quarters. I use a reflex and laser dot on it. I really wish soft point ammo was an option though to up its CQB potential. I'll probably put a suppressor on it to finish it out.
    • Up x 1
  13. Xae

The TL;DR from the stats thread was that the Carv is **** and the the MSW is the best.
  14. Skadi

odly enough the M7.
  15. LcdDrm

Minigun. :) I was defending the crown all day yesterday with it...just mowing down squads.
  16. Predator

can anyone tell me if the high velocity ammo is worth getting for the carv s?
  17. Policenaut

Really just can't go wrong with the T9 Carv. I might get the Carv-S at some point for the Compensator, but I dunno.
  18. ENFORC3R

I trialed the T-16 and I really liked it. Less recoil than the CARV, so better for range. What do you guys think of it?

And tomorrow I'm going to trial the CARV-S to see how that is.
  19. Mahakar

I think that the carv-s with compensator, forward grip and high velocity is the best setup right now for TR HA.
  20. Sir Lemming

TMG-50 has any real uses?
    It's not that good in close range due to lower firepower, and while its really better at longer ranges, actually not a LOT better than a carv-s...
    Another question: Compensator for everything? From what distance a player becomes visible shooting with it?