TR HA Which LMG do you guys like the bes

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Marcus4512, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ShokkWave

I'm a fan of the TMG-50 for range. As other have said, it a big turd at close range. I like the Carv-S as well.
  2. Lokhagos

No love for the MCG? Doesn't seem to be a popular choice.
  3. Eric Smith

I'd have to say roughtly the same that the Compensator removes. That is, a TMG-50 w/Compensator & High Velocity Bullets handles roughly the same as a bare TMG-50. Personally I don't like the High Velocity Bullets, I'd rather hit my targets doing slightly less damage than miss them doing slightly more damage; plus m.
  4. Shockfrosted

I use a CARV-S with compensator, foregrip, 4x scope and high velocity ammo.
    Shooting from the hip is... A mess. A big one. At range though, I have caught quite a lot of infiltrators with their pants down, when controlled bursts got them down before they even registered me as a threat.
    I am playing with the idea of getting a different LMG, one more suitable for CQC, to actually ... Well assault.

Oh also: The SKEP launcher is not as bad as people say. Well okay it is, but they don't mention that it makes about half the tank drivers freak the heck out and drive away.
  5. gunshooter

I mostly use a TMG-50 with laser dot and 2x reflex sight, no other attachments. I suspect that High Velocity Ammo might reduce damage at close-med range like Soft Point does for close-long range, so i'm not using it atm just incase.

It's bad close range, true, but it doesn't really matter since most close range encounters are decided by who saw who first. It still kills people near instantly, just like every other full auto weapon in the game, and it has the best ADS and med-long range capabilites of any TR LMG.

The only time I swap is to MSW-R with advanced laser sight for indoors fights, since the TMG-50 isn't great in straight up hipfire engagements against Orions and the like.
  6. MaximL

I use T9 Carv and I very like it, I think it's great balanced weapon with little lack of attachments. I've never (almost) seen circumstances when I was only at short (med, long range) enough time to use special weapon for it. Actually in most cases it is close to med and med to long, so I prefer all round lmg. If it going to be long distance, I trying flank and cut distance or switching to infiltrator. For close ranges (usually it means around buildings) I prefer to switch to LA (though I have MSW-R if it really need to be HA)
    • Up x 1
  7. FnkyTwn

So what, you searched for an old thread and then didn't look at the date or ignored it? The Carv got nerfed (some would say severely) with GU1, so this thread contains outdated info. Don't bump posts that are over a month old unless you're pointing something out or have some amazing revelation. Just let old threads die.
    • Up x 1
  8. MorganM

If it aint broke ... don't fix it. MWS-R is a great gun for close to medium range. You say it's OK so why change it up? Have you upgraded it at all? I put a reflex sight and laser on it and LOVE it! It's like I have a TRAC-5 on my HA =^.^=

The only other gun I want now is something for long range... maybe the TMG 50. That's because my MSW-R loadout is setup for close range.
  9. FnkyTwn

He made that post on Nov 21st, 2012. He probably doesn't even play the game any more. Great job.
  10. Zaik

Not TR, but I am definitely killed the most by the TMG-50 as far as TR LMGs go.
  11. Littleman

MSR-W. It's actually more accurate ADS than the T9 Carv sans the very first round to leave the barrel. The only real drawback would be the drum size, but that's compensated for with a faster reload.

As for true long range combat, I'm torn between the TMG-50 and the T32 Bull. The latter is actually fair in CQC, but not nearly as effective as the MSR-W. The low RPM coupled with the low recoil of the T32 makes it fairly solid as far as accurate LMG's go, practically on par with the T5 AMC carbine.

I feel I should mention that the NC have the equivalent of the TMG-50 in the EM6.
  12. Kroova

I use:

Carv with NV/IR scope and forward grip for CQC

TMG-50 with 1X reflex sight and forward grip for range.

Still not sure which scope to use on TMG-50. I have tried the 6X and 4X scopes on it, and found them...difficult.
    Might try 2X or 3.4X scopes, but at the moment I feel quite comfortable with the reflex optics.
  13. TheBloodEagle

I find the 2x just right. Even though you can shoot past 100m fine, it's often not worth it because your bullets don't do THAT much damage, and they move, etc but right around where 2x zooms in enough feels comfortable, it's perfect for single firing or burst shooting. Plus the other upper zoom sights just end up giving you tunnel vision.

If you're doing 1x, then I would just go with the NV sight.
  14. Splort

For close in I like to use Carv S with ext mag and soft point and NV scope, works decently at medium too, horrible at long with that setup, but anywhere I'm medium long, TMG 50 with 2x, HV ammo, forward grip, compensator. Sometimes I mess around with the chaingun, but the spinup time makes me put it away pretty quickly.
  15. Kastrenzo

DON'T DO ITTT

I jump between TMG50 and T16.
  16. Dreadnaught Wrex

I use a TMG-50, T16 or chaingun depending on my mood/situation. I love the T16 in close quaters with its 200 round mag little recoil and NV sight.
  17. FartingFox

TMG and Bull are pretty cool. CARV is crap beyond close range.
  18. BuzzCutPsycho

I'll keep it simple. I've got an Aurxaium medal in every TR LMG and am easily the most qualified to give you an educated opinion on this subject.

T9 CARV
    [IMG]
    MAX DAMAGE: 143 @ 10m
    MIN DAMAGE: 125 @ 65m
    VELOCITY: 600
    RATE OF FIRE: 750
    MAGAZINE SIZE: 100
    RELOAD: 5.4s / 6.2s
    RANGE: SHORT - MEDIUM

The T9 is no longer the weapon it used to be and is at times frustrating to use. It's tolerable in CQC but that's about it. if you attempt to engage at ranges 50m and above you will be very disappointed. It's horizontal recoil causes a bit of random bullet deviation to both the left and right which make ranged combat infuriating. The extra time it takes to equip this weapon also limits your ability to weapon switch and engage MAX suits and armor.

T9 CARV-S
    [IMG]
    RATE OF FIRE: 698
    RELOAD: 5.5s / 6.5s
    RANGE: SHORT - MEDIUM

Don't use this piece of ****. It has no redeeming qualities. It received the same exact nerfs that the T9 did which result it in being a worse T9. Pre-GU1 it was solid due to controllable recoil and extra velocity but now it's just terrible.

MSW-R
    [IMG]
    VELOCITY: 580
    RATE OF FIRE: 750
    MAGAZINE SIZE: 50
    RELOAD: 3.4s / 4.25s
    RANGE: SHORT

The MSW-R is a half-***** CQC weapon. Think of it as a crappy Orion with better hip fire accuracy. Seeing as how the T9 CARV has the same ROF, better velocity and more ammo I don't see much of a point in using this weapon either.

T16
    [IMG]
    VELOCITY: 640
    RATE OF FIRE: 652
    RELOAD: 3.96s / 4.95s
    RANGE: SHORT - MEDIUM - LONG

The T16 has the highest velocity of any of our LMGs which makes it pretty easy to use at medium range since you wont have to lead your targets too much. Keep in mind that this weapon doesn't have a compensator available to it which for me is a huge turn off.

Think of this weapon as a less accurate T32 bull but with more ammo and a higher velocity.

TMG-50
    [IMG]
    MAX DAMAGE: 167 @ 10m
    MIN DAMAGE: 143 @ 75m
    VELOCITY: 615
    RATE OF FIRE: 577
    MAGAZINE SIZE: 75
    RELOAD: 4.233s / 5.098s
    RANGE: MEDIUM - LONG

The TMG-50 has the highest damage out of any of our LMGs. I personally find this LMG to be the best one available to the TR and is the one I prefer. It's first shot recoil multiplier makes "tap fire" a bit frustrating but you'll eventually get the hang of it.

T32 Bull
    [IMG]
    RATE OF FIRE: 652
    MAGAZINE SIZE: 60
    RELOAD: 3.4s / 4s
    RANGE: SHORT - MEDIUM - LONG

The T32 is perfectly balanced and doesn't really excel at any role nor does it suffer. If you want a general purpose weapon with no true strength I'd get this one. Another thing of note is that it has no first shot recoil modifier which makes it very, very accurate. Easily the most accurate LMG available to TR.

TLDR: Use a TMG-50 or T32 Bull. Ignore the rest.
    • Up x 8
  19. skull4squadron

T32 thats my baby.
    I've tried other guns but this one just is amazing for me.
  20. Flukeman62

i love the bull