TR HA Which LMG do you guys like the bes

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Marcus4512, Nov 21, 2012.

1. TheBloodEagle

Thanks Buzz for the detailed/informative and to the point post.

It's a shame about the Carv-S. It was the first weapon I purchased near launch. They ****** up the recoil for the single fire for the longest time, which killed the main reason you'd even get it, but only recently fixed the wonky octagon like movement it had. I should of realize the TMG-50 was a much better med-long range weapon earlier either way. It's my main weapon now.
  2. Littleman

MSR-W. It's more accurate than the T9 Carv in just about every way, just lacking ammo capacity and missing out on a 2x reflex.

Once I get the certs to properly kit them out, I can see how the T32 or the TMG will be great over distances. The TMG is the best at long range (even before attachments,) but the T32 is about on par with the MSW-R for hip-firing, it just lacks the RoF and the advanced laser pointer, so it won't be as good in CQC, just better than the TMG-50.
  3. Kyutaru

Funny this is he's saying the same things I've told people for months.
  4. TheBloodEagle

I've read your posts too but he put it all into one concise/clear post. It's much easier to point people towards that or for newbies searching for answers to be in the know.
  5. QuetzoKuato

What loadout do you use for the TMG-50?
  6. Ronin Oni

TMG-50 for range (toss on a foregrip and 2x reflex. maybe 3.4x)

MSW-R for indoors/hipfire (lasersight that bad boy. RDS or IR)

Though what I'd do if I were you is....

wait.

VR is coming out this week and you can try them all out on the firing range and see what works best for you with the attachments that you'll eventually unlock.

Then trial it to make sure you like it in combat.

Then unlock it if you're sure of your purchase.
  7. CausesChaos

I'm glad you actually supported this with documentation, I mean, You'r nothing but a farming liberator pilot...

On other news, I quite like the Carv-s, however I think with most guns etc, once you've used them enough and get used to the way they handle you'll be pretty adapt with it any way.
  8. TheBloodEagle

By the way all, the single fire recoil/kick bug will be getting fixed in the next patch from what a dev told me. This effects the TMG-50 and Carv-S, amongst others.

9. AngryPlayer

Couldn't be anymore wrong...
  10. MorganM

Likely the most ignorant thing I've read today. In you defense however; the day is young so I doubt this statement will remain in top position.

I watch his streams several times a week and he does it all and fairly balanced I'd say. You don't get #1 in kills and score by piloting a liberator all day. I see him constantly switching between tanks, sunderer, galaxy, lib, max, heavy assault.

Yeah sometimes he'll sit there for a few minutes and lob tank rounds into a room to farm. However that's not a majority of the time, not half the time, and I'd say not even a quarter of his time is spent doing this. If you actually watch you'll see him constantly on the move.

Contrasted against another streamer I watch, Terrex07, who spends 99% of his time in a mosquito firing rocket pods. He's deadly in that thing and ranked quite well but that's ALL he does. He's #1 in kills and score on Helios but not even on the leader board when you show all servers. He has roughly half the kills & score of Buzz. So even if you're an epic "farming lib pilot" (or mosquito as it were) you aren't going to be #1 of all time.
  11. Kedric

I like the T16 for one main reason above all others: extended magazine. With 200 rounds you can do things that you simply cannot do otherwise, like kill streaks in the 8-10 range with Adrenaline Shield recharging the whole time.

The TMG-50 used to be my favorite, and is still my 2nd favorite for the reasons many others have stated. If only the TMG-50 had more ammunition potential it would be my favorite.
  12. CausesChaos

Meh, haters gunna hate.

I like the fact that you both only came to the defense of buzz, totally ignored my other statement/statements.

One of you wrote 3 paragraphs!

He's got OTT libby kills, and thats all you two focused on. Defending your true love. Hows that for ignorant.
  13. Edelhonk

have 4 LMGs on Auraxium.
    My personal favs so far

1: T32 (my personal favorit)
    2: T16
    (T32 is a little bit more accurate but 60/240 ammo can be a problem sometimes (run out of ammo with this baby a lot) so the T16 is a nice option
    Both guns may lacking the pure DPS of the MSW-R or the Carv but they are easy to control and very accurate and both are a good choice for any range)
    3: CARV
    4: MSW-R (great for CQC and short range but its high first shot multiplier in combination with the high RoF make it hard to use on ranges further then 50m and the low ammunition reserves are a constant problem with this gun for me...the recoil per shot seems low but with the high RoF it has let the gun go wild very easily)
    5: CARV-S and LMG 50

I dont know why, but i dont like the LMG50 so it goes on contrary to Buzzs view. I will use it more in the near future...maybe i will change my view on this gun, but atm i simply dont like it.
  14. Eric Smith

He's got 8,000 Liberator kills, and 10,000 Prowler Kills, and 12,000 Carv kills, and 8,500 TMG-50 kills. The guy has 85,000 kills spread throughout almost every weapon and vehicle out there, including (as he said) Auraxium medals in every HA weapon. He bounces around and does a little bit of everything. To call him a Lib Farmer is a completely ignorant statement on your part. Admit it and move on.
    • Up x 2
  15. CausesChaos

Ok. I'm ignorant. Its bliss.

Now you going to continue to ignore my topic related posts or you looking for an argument?
  16. Metallic123

ULTIMATE FORUM SHOWDOWN,

BEGIN!

I got urax medal on carv and carv S, figured I would get the two worst TR lmg's (with the defining tr trait oddly enough) out of the way. 100ish kills left for the t16 and I hate it, a lot. The only saving grace for me is the extended magazine, I don't like any tr lmg past 50 meters so pre 50 meters the advance forgrip is redundant for me.
  17. Eric Smith

I don't even remember what your point was. Did you actually have one, besides taking time to ineptly bash BCP?
  18. GANGSTA

I've tried all TR HA weapons alot and for my style ( aggressive HA) who plays the objective.. the stock T9 Carv is still the best imo.

Excellent ROF add a front grip and an optic and your a machine if you can aim.
  19. Carl 99

Honestly anyone who says CARV is talking out their rear end. For pure CQC the MSW-R has the same RoF but better CQC attatchments and far more controllable recoil.

For General Purpose both the T16 and T32 ae decent with the T32 sacrificing some mag space for a more versatile attachments list. But the T-16 is far cheaper and with both weapons having only a minor RoF drop over the MSW their solid weapons. I'd recommend every starting player that goes HA a lot gets the T-16. If you really like the T-16 but want one of the other available attachments on the T32, pick the latter up later.

The TMG-50 is the ultimate long range LMG. If you like long range shooting that should be your priority.
  20. Lexicon

See the thread I started yesterday: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/tmg-50-ammo-buff.102692/

As someone fairly new to TR, but very experienced with the other two factions, it seems like a glaring oversight to me. The TMG50 without a doubt should have 300 rounds, as per its faction equivalents (Ursa and flare, Gauss S). The devs need to rectify this.