[Suggestion] Let's talk about phoenix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kshatriya, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Campagne

It really cannot be stressed enough. Use the Phoenix yourself for a minimum 30 minute trial before commenting on how "powerful" it is.

The Phoenix does not have a 500 meter range. The rocket has a lifespan of 12 seconds, and if flown in a straight line the maximum distance it can travel is ~295 meters.

The only people saying the Phoenix is overpowered are the ones who have never used it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Lizare

42 m/sec x 12sec 504m

I never said that it's Op, the phoenix shine in some specific situations and suck in others.That's Imo how the game is supposed to be.

But the comments from guys like LordKrelas, who say that everything is bad in their faction and OP in the others start to suck.
  3. LordKrelas

...Phoenixs can't be used past 270-300 meters.. have you not read this thread?
    It's a limitation.

As well, the Striker is AA
    The Lancer is AV.
    The Phoenix is piss poor at hitting air, piss-poor at AV, all that is left is AI.

Sherlock.
    Most of the time, I am replying to idiots claiming shotguns of RNGesus are godly, the Vanguard's shield is BS when a prowler can't face-tank the vanguard better...

If I was stupid enough to say anything positive about NC, with the amount of useless gimmicks, they'd never let it go.

A shotgun, or guided-missile in this state, is more situational than any other weapon.
    Carbines beat shotguns in their own range, and lack the limitations of shotguns.
    Phoenix's limitations are stacked with the vulnerabilities..
    Vanguard itself is reliant entirely on their ability.

When the vehicle game involves MBTs, and one side is complained to be OP while that same side is only functioning in one specific situation... one that the other two can't help but scream for nerfs...
    Then the same people scream for the Max to be more situational specifically for NC..
    Then scream about NC "Insert here" since they could beat it in that very thing's only perfect situation..

You get to the point of literally saying how crap the faction is.
    There is little to say that is useful for NC.

I can say what is crap for VS, for TR, and what is good.
    For NC, it's pretty bloody hard, without cherry-picking it for the most uncommon perfect situations..

Edit:
    Also, the only damn things I've claimed is OP in the last week or so, has been the Canis' UA.
    Everything else, has been references to older variants, or incredible differences in power.
    Which was usually a counter-argument to someone claiming NC's been the favored child.
    Which is pretty ****, when the list of VS & TR tools, are longer than NC's..
  4. Campagne

You're not taking the acceleration into account. The starting velocity is considerably lower and the rate of acceleration is slow.

My final line was more of a general statement.
    • Up x 1
  5. Drsexxytime

LOL. No, I've used it, along with my friends and we did back then all the time what NC now found out what to do with the thing. It needs to be fixed, ASAP. It's breaking the game, stopping pushes from the safety of spawn rooms. Deal with it, your toy is broken and needs to be fixed, fast.
  6. Campagne

Prove it. Upload a recording of you proficiently using a Phoenix indicative of user experience, or post a screenshot with irrefutable evidence of your NC character with a large number of hours and kills with the Phoenix.

Here's mine:

[IMG]
  7. boey

It's dangerous to come up with numbers with this weapon. Really interesting would be: How often did you get killed in those 11 hours and 44 minutes of using it? Probably like 0 times, right? Let's make it 2 or 3 at maximum, because NC is famous for teamkilling. Not that bad i would say.
  8. Campagne

Come up with numbers? If you doubt the legitimacy of my post feel free to verify: http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Campagne

You make the faulty assumption that because it can be used from a spawnroom it is only used from a spawnroom. Don't be foolish.

And since you addressed it, why do you throw your hat into the ring and show us all how experienced you are with the Phoenix. ;)
  9. boey

I can show you my experience with the Lancer:

Kills: 40
    KPM: 0,129
    KDR: 0,71
    Shots: 1506
    Hits: 845
    Accuracy: 55,74%
    SPM: 37,90
    Playtime: 5h 10m
    Vkills: 38

What do you say now?
  10. Campagne

I say that's not what I asked. :p
  11. boey

Go to ps2.fisu.pw and upload your KDR for the phoenix please. I would be very interested.
  12. Campagne

Keep dodging the question, it's okay. I think the answer is quite clear. :p

According to PS2.fisu.pw, a modest 0.85 K/D. Do you genuinely believe the Phoenix is only ever used from a spawnroom? Doesn't have the range for that, assuming it has proper LoS. You would know that if you'd used it before. ;)
  13. boey

Okay, this KDR is worse than i expected. What are you doing? Why are you not staying in the secure spawn room? I don't get it.
    But it is a bit better KDR than i got with my Lancer, although i can move during shooting and you can't.
  14. Campagne

Well as I said most spawnrooms are too far away from potential targets, and often it seems like they are intentionally designed to provide the defenders with as little sight as possible. Maneuvering around obstacles takes a long time and reduces the total distance from the shooter which the rocket can travel, when it's even possible. As well, enemy vehicles often retreat when weak enough for a Phoenix to be a threat.

Additionally, the angle of fire and the position of the shooter matters quite a lot. Spawnrooms are generally small and/or offer very little in the way of spherical 360 degree line of sight.

Spawnrooms are impractical.
    • Up x 1
  15. DCTH

Like expanding the "no-deploy-zone" for sunderers for NC-bases by twice the area? Yes, very situational ... only useful when defending a base.

Snowshear Watchtower on Esamir for example: You can bring a Sunderer right behind the building of C ... and by "you" i mean "only NC" can do this safely. It is not a small building, it has two floors, yet Phoenix can hit it from within the spawnroom of their Tower.
    • Up x 1
  16. AISkander

The bug HAS TO GO
  17. DCTH

Does it even track empty vehicle kills? I mean, it is rather loud and slow ... so you're warned before the impact.
  18. LodeTria

Lancers can kill ESF's with 2 charges now. Each full charge does 70% odd damage.
  19. AISkander

Good luck doing 2 full charged shot to a ESF. Everytime i Kill a ESF with the Lancer it's becouse it was badly hurt and kept on being close

People forget you have to aim with a 1x scope to a tiny flying fighter with a limited amount of time (after a while the charged shot shoots by itself)
  20. Prudentia

lancer has the same Projectile speed as the skyguard, just without the flak explosion and a much lower firerate.