Lets assume that Alerts = Matches.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Negator

And? Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

You leaving your outfit is THE REASON NC does terrible in alerts. Too many "special snowflakes", only ****** solo ***** who have no idea how the game actually works.
  2. CrushingThunder

Most people here srly need to take their head out of their b****.

Alerts are won by zergs and overpop's, check ps2alerts history.
    no matter how infimate the overpop is (there are alets won with 1% pop adv.), overpop=profit.

http://ps2alerts.com/alert-history/emerald
  3. Scr1nRusher

Now your just being Bizarre.
    • Up x 1
  4. MarkAntony

well there is at least one post where I agree with scrin in this thread now!

WTF?
    him leaving an outfit has nothing to do with this. this thread is illogical for a couple of reasons, but him having left his outfit is definitely not one of them.
    • Up x 1
  5. HadesR

I think in a roundabout way he way saying that NC has to many solo / non-outfit players that make alert organisation harder ... And by leaving his Outfit he became part of the unorganized rabble who's fault it is NC lose alerts ...

Whether he's correct or not is for the rest of you to debate ..
  6. Negator

hah so wrong. back to tr with you
  7. Scr1nRusher

You truely have no power.

Thats why you go for personal attacks.
  8. Negator

nothing personal here. You guys just continue with baseless assertions. Are you defending this guy posting about 'overpop' and 'zergs' in alerts? He clearly has no idea how alerts work.
  9. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yeah this.

Negator is an A-Hole (<3 U BB), but he's 100% right. Zergs =/= alert win. The exact opposite is actually true. But hey, don't actually listen to the guy that's an officer in one of if not the most effective outfit in the game or anything.
  10. CrushingThunder

So, how is that reflected in reality?
    In early post you always publish and refer to data regarding a certain point of discussion, how is that if zergs and overpops has nothing to do with alerts if every alert won by any faction has an overpop related to it?
    Is there something missing that i do not account for?

As for Negator, i presented a valid URL directing to the alert history of emerald server, where you can see the relation between overpops and alerts won, if that is a "baseless assertion" to you, with no futher clarification, there is no point in taking arguments with you, and all i can assume is that my previous post carved into your ego.
  11. ATRA_Wampa-One

For off primetime alerts overpop = alert win, but that has more to do with the continent not being full so naturally the side with the most population will win.

I linked earlier that VS Emerald win more during primetime as well though (/y GINYU FORCE RULES) which was what I was referring to. In those you absolutely do not want to zerg unless it's a 3 point base with a long timer and you're in last place (so no one will take all of your territory) while you zerg. You also have to effectively zerg... which actually requires some level of organization at about the platoon level or the faction you're zerging against can break your zerg when they please.
  12. Ohmlink

Having population is key, but an alert at least at an organization stand point is using that population effectively. Zerging at one base will obviously not win many alerts outside of important bases (bastion maybe?)

Population is simply one variable in this issue, which is why you should be looking at SS if you want to have a "match" equivalent. Controlling as many variables as you can to find one or two is the scientific method at its finest.
    • Up x 1
  13. CrushingThunder

By Primetime do you mean 18:00 PST?
  14. HadesR

Ofc it's always nice to have the Pubbies be able to zerg bases AND have the pop for more organised play ...
    • Up x 1
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

Sounds about right. I'm on the west coast playing on an east coast server so getting home from work at 6 usually mean that's the only alert I'm playing.
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

Oh god this.

TR pubbies on Emerald are good, they just need a GOKU like outfit to really bring them together. NC pubbies... not even their amazing arsenal of weapons are worth it to play with those idiots.
  17. Taemien

So you're going to tell me, five servers (which each server had one merged to it, so really ten) all coincidentally had all the 'good' players chose VS when they created their characters, and that the ones choosing TR and NC never got anywhere?

You can draw conclusions when you have ALL the data, which we do. And even if you were right, something would have to be done to address the population imbalance. The cause being treated, not the symptom.
    • Up x 2
  18. Shanther

I don't know how long you have been playing but I am going to let you in on a little secret. VS for the LONGEST time accross almost all servers was always the lowest population faction by a large margin. This only really stopped when they merged servers. As a result all those outfits learned how to coordinate extremely well out of sheer necessity.

You have horrible data and are trying to cry OP as a result.
  19. Taemien

I'd love for you to prove it. Here.. quote anything I've said from a .75 ADS or Orion thread. Show me where I've said VS is OP.
    • Up x 1
  20. Shanther

It was a generalization.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.