Lets assume that Alerts = Matches.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronMouse

I was simply playing way more recklessly on my VS. I toned down my aggressive play style a notch since I used to die a lot (hence my worse KD). Now, I don't mind being killed, but being killed while my teammates hang in the back behind cover used to create a lot of frustration for me. I hated how I exposed myself as cannon-fodder while friendly campers played it safe, lost our bases and padded their stats. Yes, I hate both friendly and enemy campers.

But rest assured, "better" stats on my TR char aren't due to TR superiority. You can notice that my VS char has more s/min compared to my TR char.
    • Up x 1
  2. Zombo

yes about 20 XP/min more, which is underwhelming since you stated you played your VS char way more aggressively, it doesn't make sense
  3. CipherNine

True. But why does VS lead on almost every server then?

Either Vanu weapons are OP or Vanu lore attracts more organized players than NC / TR lore does.

I can't think of any other explanation.
    • Up x 3
  4. IronMouse

You're just nick picking and drawing straws here. You know that VS is OP compared to TR. Or if you don't know that, you should.
    • Up x 1
  5. orangejedi829

Twice I posted a statistical analysis of this exact thing here. I'm too lazy to find the original post, but it worked out that VS alert win count was something like 14 standard deviations above what the expected value would be if the factions were evenly matched.
    Fourteen mother-effing standard deviations.
    In the world of statistics, that's like... well... uh..
    Well let's say your expected value is on the 50-yard line on a football field. One standard deviation might be in the endzone. Two standard deviations might be on the next city block. Fourteen standard deviations would probably be somewhere on Saturn.
    In other words, the mathematical evidence that VS have an advantage at winning alerts is irrefutable. The only way to refute it would literally be to claim that you do not believe in math.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zombo

right of course, only the stats that you think are important are the important ones showing how strong VS is
    VS is OP but your VS char doesn't show a significant advantage? weird isn't it?

yes, because only equipment is important regarding alert wins
    why is TR winning on Briggs as much as VS is on every other server?
    must be the equipment right?

i could calculate the standart deviation of rain falling at my city versus rain falling in the other city and blame the other city of witchcraft, but that won't make any sense, though the math is right
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

Well someone came in and spoke for why VS on Miller win more, and I'm here speaking as to why VS on Emerald win more, i.e. there is a very coordinated outfit on VS that focuses on playing and winning the alert.

Connery IIRC has a bunch of players in Asia that run up the score for VS in the off hours although if anyone wants to say anything different about that trash server feel free.

The only server that's not accounted for here is Cobalt since Miller's VS doesn't dominate, so Iron Mouse... is there a highly coordinated VS outfit on the server you're on or do they have an abundance of off hour population?
  8. CrushingThunder

[IMG]

Three alerts

First won by VS: http://ps2alerts.com/alert/12297
    Second Won by TR: http://ps2alerts.com/alert/12249
    Third won by NC: http://ps2alerts.com/alert/12258

Same correlation, overpop=alert won, same for every alert i've seen so far.
    God, the VS alert even started underpopped, got enough population to win at the last hour.

So Mr. Negator, how are you going to disregard my point of view this time?
  9. Negator

You pulled none primetime alerts. There are no leads on, and plenty of room for mindless ******* to dictate alerts. What more, VS Still wins more non primetime alerts.

http://ps2alerts.com/alert/12268 <This alert i was online for, and the VS won because both TR/NC didnt focus VS at the right time
    http://ps2alerts.com/alert/12258 <NC/TR even pop
    http://ps2alerts.com/alert/12200 <Was online for this one as well. TR/NC focused VS for "reasons", gives NC the alert, VS/TR start to log off when its obvious NC will win. NC pop is even for almost all of the alert

and so on. Look at relevant statistics. Remember that people flock to winning teams, which produces the overpop. Remember that bad choices by players in game produces winning and losing situations. When youre really ready to look at these numbers, dont cherry pick, dont look at non primetime, and try to understand that circumstances of each alert. Technically you could say "overpop wins alerts" but only in the closing moments, and only under circumstances that produced that overpop. Remember that there are 3 factions, and given overpop of a third faction, the first two should attack him. If the overpop faction wins, its not due to simple population, but lack of proper strategy on the part of the other two. Watch the bases that are taken and lost in the bottom graph and you can get an idea of who is attacking who, and see where factions start to make mistakes.

Of almost all the alerts ive led others in, and our faction won, it was due to choices we made, not us dorking around until pop wins the game. I understand that you, a solo semi new player with a limited perspective thinks this way though. I suggest you join a veteran outfit that understands largescale gameplay.
  10. ATRA_Wampa-One

GOKU was on NC for this... here are some choice comments regarding that alert from our stable of PL's in the after action report on our off site forums.

11. CrushingThunder

The three alert you pulled show exactly what i've saying, highest pop=alert won, even by minimal percentages.

What i'm stating here is that there people who thinks "where so MLG"(and that may be a fact or not is not for me to decide) who thinks they won the alert, but know this, in a universe of 1000 players, where most are pubbies, there is no "alert won because of (insert ******'s outfit name here), and IMO thinking that only means you've got your head waaaay into ur cloaca.

BTW, im not a "solo semi new player" just because i aint no egocentric ****, in fact i play on little squads just for fun.
    AND if you really want to go deeper into cross outfit and command channel decisions and enemy responses, that a hell different topic, and for what i've seen here, don't think anyone here completely sees the magnitude of faction wide operations and responses.
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

Can't speak to the last two alerts, but I literally just posted the reason why NC lost that first one. It wasn't population, it's was because NC pubbies were bad.
  13. CrushingThunder

T
    The first alert exposed.

NC had AVG pop the whole alert (more than TR less than VS), the only moment where NC got pop advantage was between 2:26 and 2:30 (4 minutes, really?) and from 2:13 to 2:20 (7 minutes) while VS got a solid flow of population the whole alert. even further, at the end of the alert TR pop just went down the toilet.
  14. ATRA_Wampa-One

Go back and re-read why the NC lost that alert.

TR never had a chance which is why they logged off at the end, but it was 100% the NC pubbies being dumb, despite the best efforts of GOKU playing NC.

Oh, and NC HA's got the most kills.

#nerftheorion
  15. CrushingThunder

Well, that has nothing to do with the point i'm trying to explain.
    BTW nobody can argue NC pubs on emerald just suck.
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

What you're trying to explain doesn't matter.

And yes, I absolutely can say that NC pubs on Emerald just suck because they do, even worse than TR pubs.
  17. CrushingThunder

What im trying to explain doesn't matter because?
  18. ATRA_Wampa-One

Population doesn't matter when we're talking only 1-2%.

Coordination > All.

(we did that when we were out poped by like 10% and by saving that base won the alert)
  19. CrushingThunder

Any chance getting the alert report?
  20. ATRA_Wampa-One

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.