Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Sites, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxirus

For serious, I have been waiting for this day. If you don't mind, Give this a read so that planetside 2 never loses its roots of Faction Diversity.

• Up x 1
  2. TheRunDown

There is only a few things I really want to see PlanetSide 2 and to restore some PlanetSide 1 nostalgia, but I feel it will never happen, after two years not much has changed in the core gameplay area of PlanetSide 2, and it's starting to drag on, there is very little distinguishing PS2 from CoD with the lack of PlanetSide Core content..

With the change over to Columbus Nova, I hope there will be funds and time spend on PlanetSide 2 which is much needed.
    Here is my list of things I really want to see in PlanetSide 2.

• Versatile capture Points/Methods, and the removal of Tug of War on Main bases and Stand on point to capturing.

• New Item, The "T-REK" to be added to Universal Slot on all classes, and the Introduction of "Control Consoles" to main bases.Infiltrators have hacking bonuses, and Medics get a better roll instead over every other person equipping Med Kits and Restoration Kits. (and possibly of the removal of Restoration Kits and Cert funds)

• New Door-Like system that uses neutral shields in doorways, tunnels and windows witch restrict access to Objectives and Areas, which can be hacked using the T-REK on the door frame by the opposing team, but can be walked through by the defending/facility owners.This would add better Strategical gameplay, in places such as the Amp Station with the two Shield Generators, closing them off with a shield would put a end to this CoD like Dog Piling and add better and smarter Team gameplay, cause the opposing team to Plan and bring a T-Rek to the party, instead of just causally walking in.

• Reintroduction of Vehicle Timers. (Sunderer, ESF and Mag spam is getting old, it's only epic after the first or second wave..)

• NTU System on main bases, and the introduction of the ANT (Advanced Nanite Transport).

• New SCU Gen characteristics, renamed to Facility Generator and the Removal of SCU Shields linked in to Capture Timer, and new Objective placements which allows/deny access to SCUs. (Similar to the New Amp Station, creates PlanetSide 1 like objective gameplay.)

• Objective SOI Bonus EXP.The removal of single EXP bonus to whoever overloaded the Generator/s and reward that EXP to everyone in the area as a Bonus objective complition.

• And a personal tick of mine, not to be taken seriously unless you feel the same..I would like the MAGs Strafing and Reversing changed to represent that of the Mag in PlanetSide 1.. and a look in to Nurfing the mechanics that gives the Mag the ability to still climb mountains (which allows them to camp 99% of spawn rooms), without breaking the MAG.. (Like it was supposed to GU05)
    This may look like a lot, but it's mostly over worded to clarify.
    • Up x 1
  3. Doomzzg

That is a lot of lies in one post
    • Up x 2
  4. meaturama

Hey new dev guy can you ask your corporate overlord masters to bring back mobile payment I think it's called boku or something? I won't spend a dime on this game but I'll happily give you my mobile phone credit that I don't use for a new camo or helmet.
  5. Yago

He didn't actually say anything at all.
    He said, we will say something soon.
    • Up x 2
  6. day ofm one

THANK YOU!
    Thank you so much!

I was really scared what is going to happen, this gave me some faith back.

I really aprpeciate that you focus on fixing current issues, rather than brining in new content.
    Also I am really happy that the roadmap is coming back, even better than before.

I wish all of you the best!
    • Up x 1
  7. sagolsun

TLDR version:

My name is Andy Sites and I’m the Director of Development of PlanetSide 2. We’re still fully supporting the game; this includes the current Live (PC) game, as well as continuing to move forward with our PlayStation 4 launch in the coming months. We know how anxious all of you have been to see a Roadmap from the team and you can expect a revised one to go up later next week. Our top priority will be refining the Live game (bug fixing, optimizing, network performance, etc.) and improving the in-game quality of life.
    • Up x 1
  8. Ludovico

Thumbs up!

I realy appreciate it when devs are being open. Even more so when there are so many significant changes happening as did in the recent weeks.

#believeitworksout
    • Up x 1
  9. Raap

This game's biggest problem right now is a serious lack of a public face from DGC.

Most of the community managing team working at SOE/DGC has been fired, and other visible developers have also been let go or left. This means the interaction between developer and player is essentially at a stand still.

No offense to RadarX, but the man isn't very visible either. Clearly visible and transparent communication - not PR nonsense - is what will help you especially in moments like this.
    • Up x 1
  10. GhostPup

As an outfit lead of a well known outfit on connery server i have three major pointers i always put as my top priority in our "family" of gamers if you will. A: How can we recruit good quality long term members.... B:how can we train the members we have to be better at the game and defeat our opponents... C: how can we keep the members we have happy and having fun... As of late the player pool has nearly been dead; much fewer players play. So A has been much more difficult. With the community feeling almost left out by the dev's to the point we feel like the dev's dont even care about the PC version of the game or the playerbase (whether justified or not i am speaking for many players who no longer play), players no longer want to play. With this said the player base we DO have is unsure of planetside's future or our future with the game and with this uncertainty organizing trainings with players who no longer are sure how long they will be able to play planetside has been rough at best.. Furthermore, with players unsure of the life expectancy of planetside; players have, as a whole, seriously looked into other games. This ties into C; how can we keep the members we have happy and having fun. Many outfits and groups within planetside have felt a very real hit to player base and with the layoffs many players believe their fears of the death of planetside have been confirmed.. I suppose what im getting at is many players NEED some form of hope given to them to keep them playing planetside on the PC. But hope isnt enough to last forever. I sincerely hope there will be serious effort to show the community of players that daybreak and the PS2 team are doing everything they can to both get players back into the game and keep the playerbase already in the game in the game. ......... The public relations team needs to somehow advertsise that the planetside 2 team is still alive and well and intends to get this game back on its feet and maybe even some little teasers as to how the team plans to go forward with making this game a "hit" again.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gravada

Of course my question is how does the Director of Development compare to an Executive Producer (the EQ franchise seemed to have one Director of Development to manage it all, but I don't see why there is one for just one game)
  12. metrotw

You can start doing an infinitely better job by keeping ANY news related to this game, no matter how small, HERE...on THIS FORUM. No one gives a **** about Reddit, Twitter and the rest of the social media sites other than the trolls and the ex-employees (ie; Higby, T-Ray etc) who used them to stroke their own egos.

THIS is PS2's home, keep it that way.
    • Up x 5
  13. v3rt160

this.
  14. LibertyOne

Thanks Andy. Regarding performance, I will say that I have noticed the performance of the game improve recently. Large battles are a lot smoother. I've commented on this in game, so it really is quite noticeable.

I'm sorry to see you guys having to endure the dark days of being in the middle of a corporate shakedown. Depression and anxiety can really play havoc with the people who are left. (And, of course, the people who are out of a job.) We appreciate your assurances and reaching out to us at such a difficult time. We're just glad there's somebody left to keep things going.
  15. Xind

My subscription remains in place.

Also, unlike a lot of the playerbase clammoring for new content...I firmly believe in fixing current (as close to all) problems before implementing anything new. Performance/Latency has probably driven away as many players as lack of content or balance issues and is a seriously good thing to say to someone you know that used to play to get them back.
  16. TheBloodEagle

Good to hear from you Andy. Crossing my fingers!
    • Up x 1
  17. TheHolyDuck

Hey Thank you for your Words!!! Keep on the good Work :D and dont be afraid for some experiments ;)
    • Up x 1
  18. Voxinium

Really nice to know things will keep on rolling! Might be a bit bumpy, but things will work out in the long run. Hopefully.

Great to still the company is transparent! Congratulations on the promotion too, Andy. You're doing great.
    • Up x 1
  19. Gemenai

We will see by actions taken if there is any value in this post.
    Frankly i no longer have any expectations for this game.
    • Up x 1
  20. McHool

He did so on a forum, though. And personally I see that as a good sign. Thank you Andy. Your words count now, don't waste them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.