Aimbots Rampant

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frostiken

ESP is always the hardest to catch in terms of behavior, and you're right - with tons of players it's almost impossible to root it out. I only came across one guy I was sure was using an ESP hack.

I was at a base with like 12v12 on Hossin. There were some rocks that went over the path between two points. Making sure nobody was ready to shoot me out of the air, I jetpacked up and sat in a little crack. All I could see was the doorway to one of the points, my back (and the rocks) was to the enemy spawn and their controlled point.

After about a solid minute of being bored there with nobody coming, I turned around and crouch-strafed out from behind the rocks where a guy was standing in the path below, and instantly began shooting at me and killed me. I called him out on how shady that **** was, and after going back-and-forth he claimed 'I saw you, you had your back to the B point'. I went back to that same area as an infiltrator and looked around - it was impossible to see which direction I was facing from the lower path. He could've seen me from the higher path to my side, but that's not where he was.

I asked him how he knew which way I was facing, and he said he could see me. I asked him why he wouldn't have just shot me while I wasn't looking at him and not paying attention (if he can see me, he can shoot me) and he quit responding to me.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bitterclaw2

The option to /report these players that you are absolutely sure are Aaimbotting is a complete and total waste of time. I've reported several players (usually in the early hours of the morning play time), and there they are a few days later, in the 02:00 to 05:00 time slot, rampant and obvious aimbotting.

Here's an example:
    I was on my night off, decided to play a bit of Planetside to pass the time. It was about 03:30 in the morning and I just happened to notice one of our bases under attack. I Redeployed and had about 2 minutes to re take the control point.

On the way to the control point, I was in a tower, and noticed an enemy Infiltrator running with his back to me, about 30 metres away, carrying his rifle and not in cloak. I opened up on his back with my Jaguar, putting a full clip into his back, and noticed several Hit Registers. As I reloaded, I jumped down, and as I jumped he still had his back to me, running for cover. I had reloaded and he was now about 50 metres away. I started to open up on him with a fresh mag, when he turned, kneeled, aimed and fired and got me with a headshot using a bolt action rifle, just one shot. I was at 50 metres, ish, running to catch up and he did the stop, turn, kneel , aim and fire in one fluid motion to head shot me.

I respawned and started running to the control point, didn't see him on the way. Got to the building and very slowly, in crouch, went up the stairs. There he was side on to me, aiming at the door on the far side. Easy target for me. I started firing and got hit registers, but again he turned, aimed and fired one shot only, and bam! Headshot on me. Now I'm getting both frustrated and suspicious.

To cut a long story short, with about 20 seconds to re take the control point, 2 more of my team turned up, and we got to the control point using 2 different entrances. I saw the guy, he was covering a different door and was again side on to me. I fired, and bam! Headshot on me, then I heard Bam! and after a second or so another. He had killed all three of us approaching from two different directions on him, and he got us with a bolt action rifle, all Headshots using one bullet per kill. Now tell me that's not suspicious.

I reported him on suspicion of Aimbotting. However, there he was 2 days later, same time in the morning and doing the same routine. He got 5 of us this time, approaching 3 different directions, again he was using a bolt action rifle so he had to reload after each shot, but to get all 5 of us with headshots in that situation has to be deemed impossible without running a bot.

I still see him, same time slot, every few days but just avoid him now. I have no time for cheaters. The same is to be said for the other half dozen or so I have reported , giving evidence, but they are still playing the game and usually in the early hours.

May as well delete the Report option as no good comes of it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Halkesh

Ah, I've understand what you means...
    I don't call cheater a guy that have just killed me. I may suspect them but I generally think it's just a luckshot.

/tell "I'll report" is totally useless and immature, I don't do that. (Sometimes I ask for explain, but nothing more)

If I saw a real cheater, I don't speak to him and just /report him and continue to play normally (or redeploy if I can't play proprely due to him).

What I consider as real cheater and do a /report ?
    Warper (warp cheat and lag warp are far different thing)
    Aimbot

If report have a "weight", mine are still heavy. (I don't report abusively)
  4. Alarox

In what ways have you caught someone "red handed" while doing this?

Have you just been killed by someone who made a difficult shot and consider that catching someone red handed?

What I'm asking is how you know for a fact that the people you're reporting are actually using cheats.
  5. Wylding

^^^^ This is why this will kill the game. Sony, you're out money on this guy. How many others would have spent money and didn't precisely because of unmitigated hackery?
    • Up x 1
  6. Wylding

For all those who say aimbots and hacks don't exist:

I swim a lot in the ocean. I never see any sharks, therefore, by your logic, sharks don't exist...

...just like aimbots don't exist either.
    • Up x 1
  7. Hatesphere

again i dont think anyone has ever seriously said they dont exist. all i see is people saying they are not as common as some people think...
    • Up x 1
  8. DFDelta

I'd still love to see some videos, maybe a montage or something, of those aimbotters "everywhere". If there are so many around getting a montage together probably won't take that long.

I've been playing since beta, with over 1500 hours total spread over both my accounts and I've seen probably something like 8 blatant hackers total (none of which in the last 6 months or so), of which 3 were aimbots, 2 were speedhacks, 2 were teleporting guys and a guy who was obviously no-clipping. Thats it. And yes, I'm quite sure those are all of them, because they are rare enough that the odd one happening makes me rage.
    Add to that maybe twice as many players whom I consider fishy and I'm still far from anything that would require words like "everywhere", "rampant" or "ruining the game".

Add to that how many /tells I get myself (because apparently hitting someone with 2 quick 3x bursts from a TRAP or checking the corners and popular camping spots of the room you've just entered are things that are only possible with hacks) and I don't feel very inclined to take anybody who uses those words seriously.
  9. Utrooperx

Here you go!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_sort=video_date_uploaded&search_query=planetside 2 hacks 2014

:)
    • Up x 1
  10. Hatesphere

11. Klypto

Clearly he went over their house and saw the evidence.

No. Stop it.

You are not invisible. You are never invisible as an in cloak or even deep cloak at under 50 meters.

It's grainy to hide the fact that the mission system is not present on the hud at all, also, the minimap has the old-style compass and missing visible EXP bonus that was added just at launch.

It's extremely obvious that it is nothing but a fake from Beta or the first few weeks of launch.
    • Up x 1
  12. PeanutMF

Okay fair enough, except you didn't describe that in your previous post so I wasn't referring to that.
  13. Klypto

Yes, pick any video on that list. They are all fake. Like really, did you watch any of them?

They mostly real hacks that happened in 2012 or early 2013 (at best) with a few that aren't even hacks!

Just look at their hud. It's painfully clear as day that it's the old style hud, some of them (4-5 revisions from the past!). Or even just look at the maps they are fighting on. Some of those bases don't even exist anymore or have radically changed over a year ago.

If you don't believe your eyes, try downloading what they have on there. I'm sure it will work out great.

This one, which is more current, is also fake:

Because it is actually this video:

Who is someone who is not hacking, but making a parody joke video of their own video about a bug:

Someone took the parody video, crushed it down, and made it look awful with a link to their trojan virus for idiots to believe and download. (Please report it for malware by the way)

I flat out don't see what you are talking about.
    • Up x 3
  14. Hatesphere

please dont tell people to download these things, thats just mean, they are obviously just a virus of some sort, since they are old videos pretending to be new with free download links.
    • Up x 1
  15. iller

^ +1 ^ ...NEVER click on links to "free" program enhancement applications from ANY blind-URLs on youtube channels.

To be fair .... I really only see that in-game, not here (maybe it's because I've actually Built some myself in the past and they didn't want to argue the technicals with me) ... the only guy I remember on these forums telling me otherwise and being combative about it, was GlorinN who turned out to be a sneaky SciptKiddie himself (both his characters were locked once he was detected, the tracking reflects this). ...I still keep recordings of him though just incase I ever run into him again and he starts getting combative about it :cool:

However I don't really like blanket statements on how "pervasive" it is b/c it changes daily. It changes everytime there's sweeping changes to the client interp, allocation, and cache optimization. And all of that is massively in flux right now if you just look at the patch notes. Sometimes SOE hurts themselves by making it easier to inject, relaxing certain variables that should be better protected, etc... So yeah, it's about as easy to pin down in exact numbers as whatever shapes you saw clouds take that day.
    • Up x 2
  16. DFDelta

Thats not what I meant, and you know it. :p

Also can't watch it right now since I'm on a night shift right now and my workplace blocks youtube, but from the comments made by Klypto and Hatesphere I don't think the videos will be very convincing of a rampaging hacker problem. Will get to those videos later when I get back home.

My request still stands though. I'd like to see a montage from those people claiming to see hackers everywhere, just because I'd like to see what they consider hackers.
  17. Warpdoo

Reporting is useless to say, it only gives you the mindset of satisfaction to think they were banned from the game but heres the truth about it. For one they can use another account and then hack and if banned then make another one. PS2 says they ban thru there IP Address but that doesn't matter if you know how to mask it properly. Also even if your ban thru your IP Address, At the end of your billing cycle for your internet you get a new IP Address and then you can still jump right back in the game and therefore banning or in this case "reporting" is just nonsense and pointless to do so.
    • Up x 1
  18. Warpdoo

I personally think they should make a server/continent that hackers are locked to and can only play on that with other hacker. If I remember Call Of Duty 4 developers did that and it was funnier than ever because its now an even fight, hackers vs hackers. hahah
    • Up x 1
  19. Hatesphere

if i recall correctly that was done with titanfall. anyone flagged by the anti cheat could only play with other people flagged by the anti cheat. it was kind of an ironic cheater Olympics. I just dont think that server is going to be as full as everyone wants to think it will be.

edit: yeah just looked it up, it was titanfall

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/03/27/titanfall-cheat-detected-why-banned/
  20. Rogueghost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.