RIP PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Caoo, Oct 30, 2014.

1. boey

Not only about the Banshee, but also about the Pounders, the Prowler main cannon and the Ravens.
  2. madman00

PPA now does less direct damage per second than basilisk, kobalt, canister, vulcan, & marauder.

PPA now does less indirect damage per second at 1m than fury, marauder, & SARON.

If the major complaint (which i agree it was a little OP and cheezy) was that you could snipe with the PPA, then by all means adjust the CoF...but nerfing every aspect of the weapon to the point where on paper it looks less useful than the default basi...just makes me very sad...

While you're at it SoE, please change the PPA description to "fires large orbs of plasma that explode tickle on impact"
  3. Shaggath

Banshee is op but less then pre nerf ppa for only one reason it's mount into esf and ha burster skyguard can handle it.
    So less frequent then mag/ppa and more simple to kill but it's op and need a rework.
    Behind that there is other weapon to do the same jobs i think a banshee nerf result it's more lolpod.
    Pounder is like raven or comet same efficiency.
    Prowler main canon need direct shoot to kill like other mbt but you have a second chance.
    But why using Prowler when you can run a viper with 6 attempt ???
  4. t31os

It's not a second chance, it's an additional chance to lose half the damage you can possibly deal. To be competitive with the prowler, you need to land those 2 shots for every 1 shot the enemy lands, else you're falling behind in the DPS race. It works for some scenarios, others it's a hindrance. Landing one shot is usually a lot easier than landing 2 in a row(or 3, in the case of a viper lightning).
  5. Shaggath

We talk about ia against tank you need all it's a fact.
  6. NinjaTurtle

I agree VS shouldn't have an outright advantage, that would simply break the game....... as if it was working in the first place

However their weapons should function completely different and have very alien mechanics to them

Honestly let's just say it SOE and their design of the VS is very uninspired. When it comes tho their superior tech they get a charge up.... just WOW
  7. SenEvason

Woah, deja vu back to the days of "NC UP PLS BUFF" threads after beta. Gotta love this circle we call forumside.
  8. Devrailis

It is a circle of love.

Sticky, messy, smelly, passive-aggressive love.
    • Up x 2
  9. Goldmonk

Sounds like a circle jerk.....did those spandex wearing, alien tech loving hippies we affectionately call the VS organize it?
    • Up x 1
  10. -Synapse-

"Rest in peace PPA."?

More like burn in Hell PPA.

I'm still salty if you can't tell.
    • Up x 1
  11. Munq

"#¤"# finally. About time they nerfed that obnoxious spam cannon. Less spam the better.
    • Up x 1
  12. Goldmonk

You could tell when the VS were on their way.....the "pew"s could be heard for miles.
  13. Mitheledh

RIP PPA, you will not be missed.

At least not by anyone that isn't VS.
  14. vanu123

Complains about spam cannon, uses prowler HE from a hill a mile away. Hypocrite.
    • Up x 2
  15. vanu123

This isn't balancing, it is catering to infantry players. Vanguard and Prowler HE still farm from miles away. Buff the mag.
  16. vanu123

Disappointed there is no ZOE buff, VS pistol buff, restoration to a VS trait, prowler HE nerf, etc.
  17. vanu123

Balancing weapons by saying "Use in a squad" is horrible logic. I can instagib any soldier with any weapon if I have enough of it.
  18. Colinljx

As long as Magrider get a reworked magburner and its deserved main gun buff, especially for the nerfed to **** AI one, a less effective PPA is acceptable. (After SOE nerf banshee and raven of course)
  19. Flag

Both of you seem to forget that TR always had the most effective vehicle-based infantry farm tools out there.
    Always. Still do in fact.

So please, shove it. TR has absolutely no right to whine about spam and meatbag murder toys.
  20. LodeTria

It's always been a subject of un-rendering infantry AV, just like vortexs, mana turrets and ravens are. Give the NC & TR a lancer and you'll see why it's so annoying. The reason the Vanu got away with it is because they hardly use it for some reason.