Bring back the beta night!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DFDelta

Quoted for genius.

...3 bright nights -> 4 normal nights -> 3 dark nights -> 4 normal nights -> 3 bright nights...

Something for everyone.
    • Up x 3
  2. CrazyCanadian24

This thread needs a bump.

No... what this thread needs is... a Slam!

3. CazadorDeLaBruja

The reason it was removed was because people on low end systems saw the game at the light levels of today... which resulted in a huge advantage... and they didnt want to try and find a way to include proper darkness for both low and high end systems and jsut settled on making everything ... gray.
    • Up x 1
  4. CazadorDeLaBruja

if Planetside advertised they were looking into possible Beta darker nights... the game populations would soar... and the servers would have impossible wait times.

i considered quiting PS2 just for Arma 3's Dark night combat... i feel so cheated.
    • Up x 3
  5. CazadorDeLaBruja

they even have Zombies... which sounds so freaking fun xD
    • Up x 1
  6. CazadorDeLaBruja

But SOE wont introduce those because its so much better to make you pay cash for **** that should exist as default.
    • Up x 2
  7. CazadorDeLaBruja

8. CazadorDeLaBruja

if they did that... they would have to make it happen twice... for American and EU time zones... because that owuld be the most popular day of the week.
    • Up x 1
  9. Flipwin

bring back the night!
  10. Riddlley

Old beta nights were awesome. So dark you actually needed head lights, lest you run over a tank mine. Bring back the night!
    • Up x 1
  11. DrBash00

Yeah bring the Night back, at least you can make some caves on Amerish DARK!!!
    Please give us dark places....
    • Up x 3
  12. Luke15g

You're going backwards! Be consistently dark at night, not consistently bright!
    • Up x 2
  13. CrazyCanadian24

[IMG]
  14. Minngarm

I officially declare this thread and its glorious idea as dead.

The devs clearly don't even bother to read their own forum or they would know we had a massive amount of support to do the exact opposite.
    • Up x 2
  15. CrazyCanadian24

Sadly... that seems true. But I'm still going to try dammit!
    • Up x 1
  16. Wobberjockey

HERESY! *BLAM*

if the night is dark enough to justify flashlights and dark lights, SOE won't have an excuse to nerf infiltrators again
    • Up x 2
  17. TRick Shot

18. Silvermyst

The second bit is right, but I wouldn't say it's a dead thread/idea. Just ignored.

I think one of SOE's biggest problems here is that they've banned user made petitions and polls. If they set up a forum post similar to the road-map ones that has both thumbs up and thumbs down on it for dark nights we might actually see what sort of ratio fans have for or against this idea.

Because I don't know about everyone else, but if I knew for a fact that the user base didn't really like the dark nights idea overall I'd drop it. But as is, all I can really see is the (so far as I can tell) overwhelming positive support for it that gets endlessly ignored by the devs.
    • Up x 3
  19. Ethancol

This, I mean, perhaps we could start asking Higby over twitter to reconsider it, as he does ask for feedback via tweets quite alot; whether he acknowledges them or not I can't say.

So without further ado I shall paste this link on a tweet to him, might catch his attention considering it has tens of thousands of views!
    • Up x 2
  20. JonboyX

So, with the new stalker cloak and a pitch black night, infiltrators will be utterly undetectable until they're behind you and two shot you? It's already difficult to spot an infil moving at night; harder still if they're a VS infil. :/

Also. Smoke. It's getting so that many indoor fights are fought with IRNV scopes. If night time is the same, then we'll be practically playing the game in monochrome as a dark outdoor fight moves in to a smoke filled indoor fight.

I'm all for darker nights and darker fights... but there has to be a balance somewhere so we're not all forced to use the same single scope, and we're not perpetually being ganked by roaming infils.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.