Bring back the beta night!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Seaker Drone, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrazyCanadian24

Have you not read through this thread? It's been suggested MULTIPLE times that we either have a (much more powerful) flashlight mounted on either the soldier's shoulder or helmet, or integrated IRNV on... well, everything. Also, Darklight flashlights exist for a reason.
    • Up x 1
  2. Silvermyst

Ha ha, Seaker Drone has gotten 551 "likes" (as of now) for this one post, that's over half of his likes from lifetime posts on this forum. For whatever reason that tickles me pink. :p

(also he must get soooo many forum alerts from this.)
  3. Logri

Add the ability for bases or outposts to fire flares or so, perhaps even infantry can have a flare gun, won't do any damage but provides a light source.

I remember a scene in Platoon where near the end they were dug in, it was night and they fired some red flares to light up the area. Think along those lines.

Somewhere around 1.20
    • Up x 1
  4. Silvermyst

I posed a flare thread a long time ago, so I guess I'll put the link here for you in case you want to see it.
    • Up x 1
  5. Minngarm

Exactly. Night fighting calls for an entirely new tact. It requires a whole new skill set and that is why the major offences in the world are done at/around night time. It really gives the under dog a great chance as well.
    • Up x 2
  6. YamiNoTenshi

OOOOOOOOOOO BUMP
  7. CazadorDeLaBruja

Higby should be fired. he doesnt listen to the forums EVER. its really irresponsible and a lie when the devs "Claim" they listen to the community. how do they even know if the people talking on twitter actually play planetside 2? the guy needs to go... he is setting a poor example to the rest of the staff... and pissing off the player base... the ones that pay.
    • Up x 1
  8. CrazyCanadian24

I concur. I think Higby means well, but he clearly has no idea what he's doing. In spite of a new community manager there is still, as near as makes no difference, ZERO communication between the community and the dev team. This has gone well past the point of absurdity, it's time for things to change.

Meanwhile, not a single dev will read this post. This is a catch-22, isn't it?
  9. ShotMeTender

Really can't find any utility in shooting a 300km far away mosquito with a 1x Solstice Burst but, yes this video cleans every doubt, we like night, we like darkness and we want our pitch black firing orgy as soon as possible... Shut down that light now!!!
  10. Silvermyst

55,000 views and no evidence that the devs have seen it. :(
    • Up x 1
  11. DeadliestMoon

They have seen it, they've been asked about it a few times on FNO, why dont people watch the stream? Anyway, stop bumpong up this old thread because they just cant implement this in the way that these people want at this time.
  12. Silvermyst

I wasn't really "bumpong" it. I was continuing the discussion that was going on before ShotMeTender's comment. That discussion's last comment was earlier today, if you look at the timestamp.
  13. Codex561

You are everywhere :eek:
  14. Silvermyst

And psychic, and don't you forget it. :p
  15. Codex561

I think I will give you a special spot in my sig :)
  16. Silvermyst

:cool:
  17. Codex561

There we go :p
    • Up x 1
  18. CrazyCanadian24

So... how 'bout dem darker nights?
  19. Silvermyst

They're pretty cool. (no pun intended)

Or at least they would be pretty cool if they actually existed.
  20. Codex561

Im all for it! I would accept it in a heartbeat. I already made a post here... uh... somewhere supporting it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.