THE NEW SOE ALL ACCESS PLAN & FAQ

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Phaze

Good stuff!
  2. nallar

Currently it says: "I am an EU player but I was grandfathered in as an SOE customer in EQII. Will I become an SOE All Access member automatically too?"

Does this also apply to the same situation but with planetside?
  3. SINep

4. Luperza Community Manager

As stated in the FAQ:

Q: I don’t see PlanetSide 1 mentioned anywhere, are they eligible for this program?
    A: We will offer PlanetSide 1 as free to play game for everyone when the new program rolls out, on or about April 2, 2014 (or sooner!). Please note that PS1 has no Marketplace and will not see further game development. We know that a large number of people have played it in the past, and we hope you’ll enjoy it again, on us.

*Members of Vanguard: Saga of Heroes will automatically be upgraded to the new SOE All Access program until the sunset of the game on July 31, 2014. Please read further down this FAQ for special considerations around this game.
    • Up x 1
  5. Domnonos

6. Utrooperx

This is definitely a "win" for me, as I'm currently paying the ~$30 for the "All Access" deal as a monthly re-occurring account...I'll be able to shift that few dollars saved over to "Smed bucks" plus the 500 SC per month for being a "Premium member" ;)

Nice job SoE!
    • Up x 1
  7. Tiedemann

As I understand it I can then play EQN with my SOE account since the membership covers it?
    • Up x 1
  8. o.Solei.o

For anyone else that was not clear on this (like myself), this means that any month of membership, recurring or not, grants 500 SC.
    • Up x 2
  9. Manc

That sounds spot on for me as stated I have an SOE account for PS2. However just to test the current set-up I clicked on the DCUO link from the PS2 launcher & it installs the games own launchpad, however when I currently attempt to log on with my SOE account it tells me that as I'm in the EU I cannot use this launcher & have to get the one from ProSieben. Are you saying that once the All Access pass happens I'll be able to log in using that launchpad to DCUO with my new All Access SOE account?

If that is the case that's fantastic, but that leads to one last question (sorry). I have a number of characters currently on my ProSieben DCUO, not to mentioned 1000 of their SC, would I be able to somehow merge that account with my SOE account?

Thanks.
    • Up x 1
  10. Luperza Community Manager

No details on EQN have been released as of now. When we have details, we will provide them to you all.

Unfortunately, the PSG account and SOE account are separated.

Once the system is in affect, on or about April 2nd, your current SOE account will be able to log in to DCUO if you have the Membership Plan. Your PSG account is separate, see below info from FAQ:

Q: I’m a customer of ProSiebenSat.1 Games. How will this affect me?
    A: ProSiebenSat.1 is very excited about working toward a similar solution for EU customers. We are working closely with them and look forward to announcing a very similar plan. Please stay tuned for updates!
  11. Amarsir

Luperza's first 20 replies to this thread will all be variants on "read the FAQ". So will her second 20 replies. ;)

Not relevant to PS2 players, but as a fan of the big picture I couldn't help but notice that SOE is closing MTG:Tactics, Wizardry Online, Free Realms, Clone Wars, and Vanguard this year. And that the announced "Feb 4" changeover has become an "April 2" changeover. That kind of closure reminds me that no in-game purchase is permanent. And yet you're keeping PS1 open, which I might be curious enough to check out.

Interesting, dramatic, and yet subtle. No plans to re-subscribe at this time (especially while I don't trust the connection to VA centers to be resolved) but I'll be paying attention.
  12. Tiedemann

It's not decided if a EU player can use an old SOE account, or did you just mean the details about how membership works in EQN?
  13. Luperza Community Manager

I have no information on EQN regarding Membership Plans. :)
  14. nallar

Sorry, meant planetside 2, not planetside.
  15. Manc

That's fine by me. I've stopped subbing to DCUO for the time being anyway so I'll shelve my PSG account & start fresh in DCUO with my SOE account instead. And I can't wait to play PS1 again for nostalgia reasons.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions Margaret it's very much appreciated.
    • Up x 3
  16. DreamWarden

Fabulous! I am again willing to purchase membership.
    The question now is how. Without paypal as an option, that would prove difficult

Last update regarding Paypal was in October 2013 I believe. That being "We will speak with the higher ups". Did "We" get an answer I wonder....
  17. Sian

Think I still would have been happier with the free up to 2000 value item per month, but I guess whining wins at forumside. ;)
  18. Xuerian

I hope you guys rethink the 2000sc-item-per-game option, I know there was a uproar but if exceptions were reasonable and explained..

It really was better, and while I appreciate listening to users, I think the users were wrong.

Either way, the universal sub looks great.
  19. Luperza Community Manager

Understandable. We were discussing the two options - 500 SC per month with log in claim that you could keep or 2000 SC item that could not be kept. Most players were for the 500 SC that they could save up.

I'll definitely let them know that some of you are still in support of the 2000 SC item. :)
    • Up x 4
  20. Defaceo

At last...some good news. Thank you for the vocal community and for SOE for listening.
    • Up x 2